• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fade Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The problem I'm having right now is that when I apply a (Advanced) Filter to a player, the other player's Filter blinks or even vanish completly.

Here's the triggers I'm using:

This trigger applies a filter when the hero acquires an item
  • Applying Filter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Helmo de Bronze
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AlphaReal = 0.00
          • Set TempForce = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
          • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() != udg_TempForce then
          • Set AlphaReal = 100.00
          • Custom script: endif
          • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Key alpha blending on texture war3mapImported\DefaultFilter.blp, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 0.00% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 0.00% transparency
          • Custom script: call EnableUserUI(true)
        • Else - Actions
This trigger applies another filter to the hero when it's damaged (i'm using Bribe's DDS)
  • Blood Filter
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AlphaReal = 0.00
      • Set TempForce = (Owner of DamageEventTarget)
      • Set AlphaReal = 100.00
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Key alpha blending on texture war3mapImported\BloodFilter.blp, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and AlphaReal% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and AlphaReal% transparency
      • Set Loc1 = (Position of DamageEventTarget)
  • -------- THIS ACTION REMOVES THE DUMMY UNIT BEFORE CREATING ANOTHER --------
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by TempForce of type Cavalo Leve (dummy)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
  • -------- I CREATE A DUMMY UNIT TO COUNT THE TIME THE FILTER SHOULD STAY ON, AFTER IT DIES, THE FILTER MUST BE SET TO THE DEFAULT FILTER --------
    • Unit - Create 1 (dummy) for TempForce at Loc1 facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc1)
This trigger checks when the unit dies and applies the default filter to the player:
  • Untitled Trigger 026 Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (dummy)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AlphaReal = 0.00
          • Set AlphaReal = 100.00
          • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Key alpha blending on texture war3mapImported\DefaultFilter.blp, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 0.00% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and 0.00% transparency
        • Else - Actions
Great, thanks , i want make this fade fliter long time ago.

do I really need to say it wont? daily reminder that there's no proofs for all that bullshit about string table desyncing issue

There's quite a few maps that provide nice examples for your proofs. Banjoball is a good one to try, English client with a non-English client and have the English user type -name<space> and if it turns out its Player # then that non-English client user will disconnect when they interact with Player #'s name such as -trade name or -swap name. Whatever the command is to interact with another's name because to them on their screen it won't be Player #.

Just set any new string once globally into the string table so there'll be no secret random disconnects.

Last edited:
Level 19
There's quite a few maps that provide nice examples for your proofs. Banjoball is a good one to try, English client with a non-English client and have the English user type -name<space> and if it turns out its Player # then that non-English client user will disconnect when they interact with Player #'s name such as -trade name or -swap name. Whatever the command is to interact with another's name because to them on their screen it won't be Player #.

Just set any new string once globally into the string table so there'll be no secret random disconnects.
links required. Im using async strings in LoD and it never ever desync

Level 6
The problem I'm having right now is that when I apply a (Advanced) Filter to a player, the other player's Filter blinks or even vanish completly.

Here's the triggers I'm using:

This trigger applies a filter when the hero acquires an item
  • Applying Filter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Helmo de Bronze
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AlphaReal = 0.00
          • Set AlphaReal = 100.00
        • Else - Actions
This trigger applies another filter to the hero when it's damaged (i'm using Bribe's DDS)
  • Blood Filter
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set AlphaReal = 0.00
      • Set TempForce = (Owner of DamageEventTarget)
      • Set AlphaReal = 100.00
      • Cinematic - Apply a filter over 2.00 seconds using Key alpha blending on texture war3mapImported\BloodFilter.blp, starting with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and AlphaReal% transparency and ending with color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) and AlphaReal% transparency
      • Set Loc1 = (Position of DamageEventTarget)
  • -------- THIS ACTION REMOVES THE DUMMY UNIT BEFORE CREATING ANOTHER --------
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by TempForce of type Cavalo Leve (dummy)) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
  • -------- I CREATE A DUMMY UNIT TO COUNT THE TIME THE FILTER SHOULD STAY ON, AFTER IT DIES, THE FILTER MUST BE SET TO THE DEFAULT FILTER --------
    • Unit - Create 1 (dummy) for TempForce at Loc1 facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc1)
This trigger checks when the unit dies and applies the default filter to the player:
  • Untitled Trigger 026 Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to (dummy)
        • Then - Actions
          • Set AlphaReal = 0.00
          • Set AlphaReal = 100.00
        • Else - Actions
But has a problem, how get damaged fade fliter only one units, i want make hero hit damaged.

Level 19

[JASS/AI] - Strings table and misunderstanding of caching concept

Status
Not open for further replies.