1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

Epic Kingdom

Discussion in 'Terrain Board' started by Bob27, May 7, 2008.

1. Bob27

Bob27
    This is a terrain that I made that attempts to create a huge view over a kingdom. Comments & Suggestions are welcome!

EpicKingdom.jpg

2. Naiden

Naiden
    this pic has something special....good one :)

3. Hawkwing

Hawkwing
    Awsome idea, though It looks a little bit plain, add some hills / mountain / opening in the trees, villages, etc everywhere.

4. Mechmap

Mechmap
    I think that big city in the middle looks very strange.

5. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff
    It does have the effect of looking over a big kingdom, but theres not enough people\places\groups of buildings\villages to look like a kingdom, just a few out of place looking buildings. Very nice though! :thumbs_up:

6. Oziris

Oziris
    The Castle is TOO SMALL make it much bigger!

7. Keiji

Keiji

Administrator

If i were to add something, make some hills in the background, cuase its not that nice ti view the line where the map ends, i would suggest mountians, but you could also make the fog stronger and make it look like it fades into the distance..

8. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr
    This is the first time I see something like this,and it is pretty much amazing!The castle could be a bit bigger.

9. Belgarath

Belgarath
    It's cool - but needs heights and some variation in the trees. Some big ones, with a couple of clearings in the forest, maybe with some huts and workers, and some smoke coming out of the forest would make it a lot better IMO.

10. Sabertooth

Sabertooth
    This screams FF world map.
    Which I liked the simplicity of =P

11. Gilles

Gilles
    I love it. The rocky areas around the water need work. They seem too large for the rest of the terrain. The lake area looks good, but not the river.

The rest is awesome. I absolutely love it for not only it's originality, but it's presentation as well. That sky really helps, without it, it would look pretty lame. You've blended sky and fog so well.

12. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating
    the structures in the field seem a little spread out too much.. seems awkward.. and you should add some trees

EDIT: oooo... thats not a field.. its a forest!

13. Gilles

Gilles
    Ahh, I noticed one thing that bothers me. The trees are all the same I think. Create some variation. It would look better IMO.

14. lord_Turin

lord_Turin
    hills, some tiny people, and more variation on trees and it be very nice.

15. ~Void~

~Void~
    Where did you get that sky model? O.O

16. Gilles

Gilles