• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dualism BETA

DualismLogo-1.png

More about Dualism:

http://www.facebook.com/ProjectDualism
http://www.projectdualism.com/
http://www.youtube.com/Sverk3rCraft
www.projectdualism.com (<3 Hylke)

Also check out Flashgabe, the guy who made our trailer
www.youtube.com/user/FLASHGABExMEDIAx

2lm135h.png
is a first person horror game currently in development. This might sound familiar to you as there are quite a few of them out there, but believe me, this one will be like none you've seen before. The storyline of Dualism is unique and creepy, straight from the twisted minds of the current developer.

Developers:
30ng8xe.png
Sverkerman with over 7 years of Warcraft 3 World Editor experience.

This project has so far costed me over $550 and taken me over 1100 hours to create.

In order to play Dualism you need to have following settings:
Model Detail High
Animation Quality High
Texture Quality High
Particles High
Lights High
Spell Detail High

icons_9130_btn.jpg

162bgh.png

DualismLogo2.jpg

DualismRock1jpg.png
DualismRock2jpg.png
DualismRock3jpg.png

1183wwz.jpg

2w701zr.png

2qxuj2p.jpg

s1860n.jpg

m923rq.jpg

33my51x.jpg

15ccc49.jpg

igdo3t.jpg

The year is 1882.
You are playing as Stephen Smith, A English crime investigator. You have been sent to Germany to solve a massive genocide which took place in Dormund. Dormund has ever since been completely untouched by human activity. The only relevant item you've managed to get your hands on so far is a document of the latest crime archived by the Dormund court.

nz2eki.png

icons_4065_btn.jpg

2nbhahw.png
20forhh.png
otnhq0.jpg
2008s94.png
30t18us.png
15ed9uh.png
bevwio.png
2945owj.png
juzots.jpg
mc4x9w.jpg

29y1q3a.png

Sample1 -
dp8mmh.png

Sample2 -
33pfybm.png

Sample3 -
2mzcoax.png

Sample4 -
vhyu0j.png

Sample5 -
1zodc2e.png

Sample6 -
15bx1f.png

Sample7 -
wjjbl.png

Sample8 -
33ubxae.png

Sample9 -
i6l4b9.png

awp9vm.png

s1svuv.png

15hiv6b.png

34o8p4p.png

icons_13301_btn.jpg

icons_10297_btn.jpg

Are you not wearing our supporter signature yet?

dq4pcp.png

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/directors-cut-horror-project-dualism-212702/#post2109770][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/dq4pcp.png[/IMG][/url]

---Major Help---
Born2Modificate
Grey Walker
Hashjie
Catch_ya
Goris
Dan
Bethesda Softworks

---Models---
Mc !
NewbieMapper
Pyramidhe@d
-BerZeKeR-
Klayton
SkriK
Tranquil
iristle
General Frank
Kitabatake
Misha
darkdeathknight
Sephiroth_VII
Klayton
geries
hortaxman
darkdoom
Xazuki
Pyritie
D.O.G.
Yayoi
sPy

---Skins---
horusrogue
Stanakin Skywalker
Saikann
simkitty181

---Icons---
CRAZYRUSSIAN
bigapple90
PeeKay
-Stygian-
Narandza
NFWar
stefanstan95
BeTaGod-
The World Is Flat
The_Silent
Ergius

---Beta Testing---
xorkatoss
sonofjay
Bugz
maddeem
Jazztastic
Chaosy
PROXY
Drunken_Jackal
Total_Warrior
VTZ
MoCo
ndhwar

Keywords:
Horror, RPG, Survival, Dualism, Sverkerman
Contents

Dualism BETA (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/09 14:42:11 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Credits have been added and this has received its previous 5/5 rating. Staff Contact - Rules Date: 00:07:46 15-Aug-12 Map...

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@-Kobas-
Thank you for the well thought through map review dear -Kobas-!
+rep

@takezandgoez
Very nice review. I do listen to my followers it's just that some people are not here to give me reviews but to troll and put me down, something which I dislike ;P

@Vista sucks
I'll check if I can get some kind of software that can make you keybind WASD to the arrow keys.

I payed for all the 2D artwork, hosting of our homepage and some of the voiceacting. I don't see a problem with spending money on WC3 because it is something which I care about and I would really concider making maps my hobby. There are loads of people who spend up to thousands of dollars on their hobbies so if I spend $500 over the course of 7 months I don't see a problem with it ;)

Thanks everyone for your opinions on my project! I will soon present to you a full list of things which I intend to change and improve before moving on to finishing Dualism!

I've also started a new project which I will provide a link to very shortly so if you are a fan of what I am creating it might be worth checking out!

Level 23
If you still take suggestions, you could create a system which checks if Im too close to items and if I am point the camera a little bit more to ground. Some potions are hardly clickable because they are not floating high enough.
Either that or make the potions etc float a little bit higher

Sverkerman

Level 17
Here is the list for now!

Bugs:
Bug where you are "teleported" behind the pathing blockers of the road.
Monsters do not have locust.
Forgot to remove the names of all units.
Forgot to add Trigger - Turn off trigger at a event where a monster sound is played inside the forest.
You can still move while being dead.
Missing a pathing blocker at the "hay house"

Improvements:
  • Actions
    • Game - Enable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
    • Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
    • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
Hide all units outside of a 1000 range of the player.
Increase interracting range from 300 to 450.
Add text to the third unused door where you find the cogwheel when pressed to not confuse the player.
Set all units' selection size to -1 in object editor so the screen won't be filled with floating healthbars all the time.
Make the "Run" be activated by double tapping the forward arrowkey.
Put Save Spots more often.
Add credits to all wonderful helpers and resource creators for the map thread!
Add text to when you die.
Do not disable movement for the owl in the forest.
Add even more detail to the forest as -Kobas- suggested.
Add support collums in the cellar.
Contact Hylke about merging GUI main systems into Vjass.
Make some potions float abit higher.
Remove unused improted material.

I've encountered the bug where I go through the wall and then my hero has no collision, so I can go on and on. fly above everything and stuff. I didn't get to play much of the map, but it is not my style.

One thing more to mention, I think you shouldn't have bothered with wc3 engine for this one as it is simply shit for any kind of first person camera/gameplay. The "FPS game in wc3" idea was only partially good back when RtC came out, but now it is really terrible.

Also, a lot of sound acting is either distorted or completely feelingless. It was a nice effort to include this feature at all, but could've been a lot better.

Terrain and objects are clipping the camera terribly.
Overall, I would give a ten for the effort, and a three for what you actually get. There are many more enjoyable maps out there, so all the highest marks for this project will go for the effort, and not the actual game. I know it is a beta, but I know some aspects won't be improved much because of wc3's limits. I would be extremely happy if you'd prove me wrong by the time this has reached the stable 1.0.

Level 16
I payed for all the 2D artwork, hosting of our homepage and some of the voiceacting. I don't see a problem with spending money on WC3 because it is something which I care about and I would really concider making maps my hobby. There are loads of people who spend up to thousands of dollars on their hobbies so if I spend $500 over the course of 7 months I don't see a problem with it ;)

Makes sense. I usually spend over $2000 for a trip over in the USA to snowboard lol. And that only lasts for 2-4 weeks >_>

Also, a lot of sound acting is either distorted or completely feelingless. It was a nice effort to include this feature at all, but could've been a lot better.

Its hard to find young "professional" voice actors lol.

Level 4
Would like to try this one... When this map is not yet realease in here, many says this is interesting! And I think so too. Will say my comments about map after I download the map!

EDIT after playing the game: Damn! I didnt play the game for at least 10 minutes cuz it really chills me. Nice map so scary that makes it realistic! The 1st person camera is the one that makes the map so scary... Next time, ill try to last for 30 minutes or more... HERE's A REP for the cool map.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@HappyTauren
HappyTauren said:
I've encountered the bug where I go through the wall and then my hero has no collision, so I can go on and on. fly above everything and stuff
The bug you've encountered is happening when you die and enter a event which calls ReleaseCameraUnit.

HappyTauren said:
One thing more to mention, I think you shouldn't have bothered with wc3 engine for this one as it is simply shit for any kind of first person camera/gameplay.
You are right ;)
I'm trying to do the impossible with Warcraft 3.
I think I did a pretty good attempt tho.

HappyTauren said:
Yea, It is certainly not the best voiceacting out there but in my opinion it serves it purpose pretty well. Also, the less experienced game developers (people who actually just play Warcraft 3 maps) wont look at the voice acting as "fake" as most reviewers which I've gotten tells me they are. My aim with it is to be completely random and "force" the player to find a explenation to the events which accours inside the texts. The best way to satisfy a player is to make him think on his own, then show him that what he came up with was true. A good example of this inside Dualism is inside the cellar where you read about the Janitor. In his last document you get the feeling that he is going totally insane and is about to commit suicide. Almost instantly after this document finishes you are proven to be correct by the game playing the sound of a man falling into nothing but emptyness close to a huge hole.

I will do my best for 1.0! Thanks for your wise words, elder of the Hive.

@Vista sucks
Thanks for the rating buddy! ;D

Level 10
I am sorry, for me such games are always too scary so I stopped playing after 5 min but that is your evidence for a perfect made horror games it really scares me like a silent hill or Project Zero scared me ^^, very well done. And in my opinion the voice acting is awesome for an amateur and it really fits.

Level 3
HOLY F*** BRO THIS IS EPIC!!!one!1!
At first, I thought like,
meh, what the hell this is a warcraft 3 game, some old engine couldn't possibly handle effects that can scare me but this is damn epic bro, not just the sounds but the damn horizon is dark with birds flying out and crap, mixed with the sounds of wailing banshees and the epic voices.
I totally disagree with the peeps saying the voices aren't nice, well they aren't voices that i would put in let's say a TV show but in this game, with the mood and all its perfect. The slight oldish, low quality tone and the kind of rustic way it recorded really kills it.
Sometimes, I don't really finish the text coz i keep feeling like oh damn somethings gonna pop out and i can't just stand there reading the journals.
EPIC GAME 5/5

Level 2
i played trough the start of the map to the basement and i must say its very well done and i really like the sound effects(are they from amnesia?). Tough i do feel like its quite a pain picking items up from a chest with the camera angle(please tell if i missed a way to change it)

Level 20
Ok, does this map requires a high quality graphic engine, more ram, fast cpu?, coz at the moment I really cant play this...
I've waited for 1 minute but still loading halfway...or should I wait more?...I have a 4gRAM, B960, and capable of playing SC2 and Call of Duty...
i don't think so, my CPU is single core 2.40GHz and 3GB RAM and i can play it just fine at High Graphics even with this shit laptop.

That's kinda small I have 22 RAM lol. Could be an old pc? Or its just not clean lol
22MB RAM? because not even in your dreams you are getting a 22GB RAM;D

offtopic:
yes vista does suck:p

Nope, that spells quantity, this has a long way to go to be quality, though it will never reach its potential because of wc3's own bugs and limitations.
so true, Dualism would have been so much better if Sverk bought a game engine or got a free one instead of using WC3 but i guess he had to start from something, he might consider making Dualism a client game at some point.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@xorkatoss
I'm here to learn how to make proper games. I wish to become a Game Designer. Once I feel that I got enough knowledge to move on to another engine I will do so and spend all my savings on a Game Developing Company. As for right now I am experimenting with different game ideas and trying to figure out what my first actual game is going to be.

My current project is SvD which I am going to make a post about within a week or so. I'll post a link to it up here too for all of my followers to inspect ;)
Don't worry tho, I will have a lot of time to work on Dualism Beta to fix all of the bugs apart from SvD.
Dualism 1.0 will be created after SvD is done.

Level 5
@xorkatoss
I'm here to learn how to make proper games. I wish to become a Game Designer. Once I feel that I got enough knowledge to move on to another engine I will do so and spend all my savings on a Game Developing Company. As for right now I am experimenting with different game ideas and trying to figure out what my first actual game is going to be.

My current project is SvD which I am going to make a post about within a week or so. I'll post a link to it up here too for all of my followers to inspect ;)
Don't worry tho, I will have a lot of time to work on Dualism Beta to fix all of the bugs apart from SvD.
Dualism 1.0 will be created after SvD is done.

I would like to join your team :(

Level 6
This map will never gonna be a DIRECTOR'S CUT if SVERKERMAN never fix the CAMERA SYSTEM.

I cant really run as fast as i could cause i always bump from the objects.I hate that camera! But everything works fine,
I really scared when playing this so i never put the volume to high cause the sound is very scary.

4/5- FIX THE CAMERA PLEASE....SLOW

Level 20
thats just download another game, lol
can you really find a game that's good and only about 100mb? lol..
idk about you guys but i expect the Full Dualism to be atleast 300mb;D

This map will never gonna be a DIRECTOR'S CUT if SVERKERMAN never fix the CAMERA SYSTEM.

I cant really run as fast as i could cause i always bump from the objects.I hate that camera! But everything works fine,
I really scared when playing this so i never put the volume to high cause the sound is very scary.

4/5- FIX THE CAMERA PLEASE....SLOW
lol...you know it's not that bad when you get use to it, but using the camera and movement system that was used in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/sharpshooter-online-v1-20b-98378/ map could make an improvement:p

Amnesia? LOL
Amnesia
as
F*ck

lol jk, it does have some sounds from Amnesia though:p

Seems awesome downloading now
hope you like it:)

Sverkerman

Level 17
The map is no longer approved it seems as it lacks credits, also there are a lot of bugs and improvements which I need to deal with.

Expect a new improved version tomorrow and sorry about the delay, I've been busy with SvD and school.

How come you still use GUI after 7 years of experience?

I was actually going to ask this.

Also, as for graphic settings, they must be all set to high so that compressed textures do not look like shit, and so that light objects do not burn with half the intensity, causing you not to see anything. It is mostly that "lighting" and "textures" must be set to high.