• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dota open project not showing players!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all,

Trying to create a custom map following dota open project but it seems that is more difficult than i thought.

I even didn't start to do anything as the Dota open project map and many other dota templates are not showing players slots when you go to "single players" ->"custom map".

It is coming with compile errors in World Editor but is loading and saving ok in NEWJASS editor.
It did this with patch 1.26 and i thought is a bug with this patch and i have reinstalled warIII ( i have original version BN) with patches from 1.21 to 1.27 ... but wouldn't work !

Downloaded a cracked version of War3 and reinstalled all patches from 1.21 to 1.27 ... same ... no fix for dota maps.

I tried on another computer ... and is doing same thing...

Dose anybody have any other ideea?

Thanks

hmm ... really? nobody had this problem before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No players are shown if the JASS map script file has a syntax error. This can occur if it is from an old version of Warcraft III (as Dehua_Darbuya explained) and used now removed language features. It can also occur with maps made in JNGP when JASSHelper fails to compile the JASS script on map save due to an error, crash, file permission or anything else that stops a valid jass script being produced.

You might want to provide a link to the map for better analysis.

Level 2
OpenDotA Project / Home

this is the link ... none of the maps there are working. can you try it on your side and tell me if you have same issues?!

thanks!

i believe there is a syntax error ... as the map is not working ... but i have tried all patches between 1.21 to latest ... but not working ... i might belive now i have a issue with my WARIII as i can't believe they released this map without being working as there are comments saying "great job thx" :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
I opened the map in the Editor and it had huge list pop up on the game screen saying that various Object Editor data was invalid. I checked to see what was in the Object Editor, only to discover no modified or custom units, abilities or buffs with the exception of a few. I then tried to run the map but I never got in; it sent to the game's home screen. Went over to see the map in the Custom Games section and sure enough, it had no player selection options available. As you described.

If you want to create an AoS/MOBA, try this DotA Template instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.