• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Carnival

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
Description
Take pleasure in taste of blood of your enemies, shoot, cut, blow up everything that moves. Here and now in the Death Carnival as one of gladiators you will battle not for life, but to death, a bet and the highest prize is your life.
Map represents the Deathmatch-arena executed in the best traditions of Quake and Unreal Tournament with a fast hardcore gameplay, demanding good reaction and skill. It is similar to the game Blood Masters.

Weapons
  • Pistol - a simple weapon, causes small damage, comparing to other weapons, this gun will fit only to crack nuts.
  • Shotgun - the powerful weapon of near fight, if shot in an emphasis, it capable to do a huge hole in a body of the lucky guy who got on the way.
  • Pulse gun -fine weapon possessing an average damage and good rate of fire, the gun easily burns out holes in any armor.
  • Machine gun - huge, powerful, with a high rate of fire weapon, capable to make the real sieve from any of a material.
  • Rocket launcher - the best choice for those who wants to turn the worst enemy into a heap of shit.
  • Sniper Rifle - the weapon of sniper type, at a shot the head of the opponent scatters as a water-melon.

Screenshots

218597-ecfdc7300a9f4276b8ff0e8bbb1a4f96.jpg

218598-829479ae2f4c2f0fc75ca508b3428594.jpg

218599-a231cb5de85c20a6a5e359b3a107d3ce.jpg

218600-257284de872de632d4854da1b89c617f.jpg

Cheat codes and console commands
Cheat codes (don`t work in multiplayer):
  • bg_god - immortality
  • bg_giveall - take all ammunition

Game modes:
  • bg_gore - disable/enable Intense Gore (by default the mode is enabled). If the mode is enabled players can be easily torn to pieces. In the multiplayer this command can use only one player with the lowest number.

Developer commands (don`t work in the multiplayer):
  • bg_ai - turn bots AI on/off
  • bg_path - show/hide bot routes
  • bg_brush - show/hide brushes

Credits
In the map were used some models of IronMaiden, DampirTB and Longbowman.

From authors
To tell the truth this is an alpha version. We have dropped this project a while ago, but we decided to release this alpha version so the work didn't vanish in vain. We planed to create 3 such maps, but only this map has a decent look, second map don't even has a decorations and the work on the third map didn't started at all. Nevertheless this map is quite playable even if not all things realized in it.

This map is protected.

Keywords:
death, carnival, blood, tournament, arena, denj, tornak
Previews
Contents

Death Carnival (Map)

Reviews
23:47, 28th Apr 2013 Orcnet: stunning map! but you have to make up a quest menu showing how to play, changelogs, updates, and credits, overall good map

M

23:47, 28th Apr 2013
Orcnet: stunning map! but you have to make up a quest menu showing how to play, changelogs, updates, and credits, overall good map

Level 9
Improve the description, use Map Description Generator.

I perfectly understand the description. He doesn't need to improve it. And it doesn't look like a huge wall of text that nobody wants to read. On-topic: This map is pretty awesome. The gore, was also awesome. Just 5/5. Edit: More Stuff: Nice add on the cheats and AI commands. Will really be useful. Anyways, just like I said, 5/5.

Last edited:
I perfectly understand the description. He doesn't need to improve it. And it doesn't look like a huge wall of text that nobody wants to read. 5/5.

Well, I know its complete, but Rules are Rules, We don't want VK/Orcnet to reject it just because it lost the BB Codes.

Level 7
Dat-C3, so the map could fall only into good hands, so we could decide in whose hands.
Nice add on the cheats and AI commands.
Actually those commands were made for us (developers) so we could easily test the map, not fo players ). Thanks for comment.

Last edited:
Level 28
Well, I know its complete, but Rules are Rules, We don't want VK/Orcnet to reject it just because it lost the BB Codes.

Wow, talk about BS. Last time I check the description is fine. Why force the author to use too many bb codes and color if you can make a decent description without them?

Anyway the map looks awesome and I really had a lot of fun while playing it so i'm dropping a short review.

First of all the terrain design is just magnificent, it does look empty but it blends with the fast pace gameplay perfectly and the fact that you can jump on cliffs just gave me a orgasm.

About the gameplay its fun even though the ai is a little bit dumb but well its just a add-on. It will be a lot better though if you can add commands like roll, a grenade/first aid kit maybe? or give players a will to reload by themselves. Also the soldier runs too fast you should slow it down a little bit. Also i'm pretty sure that sound effects while shooting will give this map a lot of fun factor.

Also instead of showing your kills and death on the resource tab, you should make a multiboard for it. Also if you don't want to add a custom loading screen then at least put a description and your map name on the default loading screen. Oh oh also add a lobby description.

Well its alpha so this have a low chance to get approve. Its playable and fun though. 3/5 for now since its still a little bit unpolished.

EDIT:

Forgot about this but its a little bit important. Add a quest log with credits, map info or anything like instructions, plans etc.

Map Review (Daffa the Mage)

Is the team issue pointed by UndeadImmortal fixed? if so, we will have a test for the whole map today.

Well, I don't care anymore about the description (I just don't wanna VK to reject it)

EDIT :

Me and UndeadImmortal have tested it and decide to give some review :

[X]The text "PlayerName has accepted islam" is a bit offensive for some people, you can change it "PlayerName has killed himself"
[X]Add A Quest Log about how to play and Credits
[X]Give Characters name tag
[X]Give each weapon a name and some suggestion so we can use them properly
[X]Give a Target for player to finish the game

Epic Things that We Enjoy :
~AI Is challenging
~Great Graphic
~Amazing Terrain
~Its like a fresh game (sometime when we play, I think we play Counter-Strike, map resembles much of it)

I give this map 5/5 for its great ability, but please check my Suggestions

Sincerely,

Daffa the Mage

Little Hive Mage

Note : I reserves right to give any comment, wether they are positive or negative (but I don't reserve rights to use Inappropriate Words) so those who can't take advices should not contact me

Last edited:
Level 7
This looks so much like TcX it's not even funny.
I believe this has systems stolen from TcX without credit to Toadcop.

Do you think before posting? Tcx is a pity copy of Quake 3 and nothing more, and those "systems" as you calling them is just a basis of such genre. All games of this genre like Unreal Tournament, Quake, Counter Strike, Bloodmasters and other has such "systems". You click and the guy shoots. You shoot at someone and he falls dead. What other "systems" can be in online shooter? Or you don't even know what the online shooter is? It's a game genre, and this genre existed long time before tcx.
By the way tcx don't has walls and you can't click on bridges like in our map.

Last edited: