• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Critical Error Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
w7olh.jpg

i keep getting this critcal error message in my map, i THINK its cause of my strategic point/income system, but im not sure... that error doesnt appear right away, but like after 5-10 minutes or so. can anyone help?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Buy a better PC / install more RAM, your PC obviously has too little to run the map properly.

Also your map probably is leaking a lot upping its RAM usage beyond resonable values. I advise removing all object leaks which should drastically lower the RAM needed and so prevent crashes.

EHH

EHH

Level 3
I hate the ones that say "upgrade your ram/cpu"

that's so bullshit.

I've had fatal errors several times. One instance was because of the custom UI.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
EHH, read the fatal error.

Most trigger or data crashes are invalid types or out of range emeory, this was clearly a lack of memory error.

These occur if you run out of RAM in a leaky map or if something in the engine uses up all your system memory (or if it hits the 32 bit cap) like some loop which creates objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.