• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Crisis at the Sunwell 2.0

2zei239.jpg

------

66mf5z.jpg

Map originated created by Timolas and Horselord12,
that will be edited by me.

The past version, still by Timolas and Horselor12: Crisis at the Sunwell
Also, if you have some suggestion, feel free to comment.

rbgqc3.jpg

2ed2zy0.jpg

"A second Reign of Chaos threatens to engulf the reaches of Azeroth. The dark lord of the Burning Legion, Kil'jaeden, has sent his new thralls, the blood elves under Prince Kael'thas, to the isle of Quel'Danas. There, they prepare to transform the Sunwell into a gateway. A gateway that will unleash, quite literally, hell on earth. Should Kael succeed, Kil'jaeden will set foot on Azeroth, and the world will burn. Those heroes and villains who would rather see their world survive, have stepped forward to prevent the end of existence."

------

The gameplay is really simple, you pick up a hero, and the main quest is to defeat the great demon-lord Kil'jaeden. But he has his agents that will try to protect him at all cost and with every boss killed, they drop an item. The game needs a co-op without which it would be hard to complete the map.

The players will face bosses as Kael, Brutallus, Mu'ruu, Entropius and many others

Genre: Team RPG / Dungeon / RaidFeatures: Medium time gameplay that takes more or less 1-2 hours and challenging bossfights which require teamwork and strategy.
Each player may chose from 10 different heroes with unique strengths and weaknesses.

os7chw.jpg

14n0cgg.jpg

2hp60hw.jpg
mkubdz.jpg
6o3aee.jpg
2vuahie.jpg
aljj45.jpg

Keywords:
Sunwell, Forsaken, Kil'jaedan, Quel'danas, Demon
Contents

Crisis at the Sunwell 2.0 (Map)

Reviews
12:29, 7th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See moderator's review here:

M

12:29, 7th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Map approved with a rating of 3/5 (Acceptable). See moderator's review here:

Hell_Master;2496127 said:
Review emerges and I guess this is what Forsaken is waiting for.

So, I have played your map and as I promised, I will give a review of the map and decide it's fate probably. The map's an RPG type of map where team play or co-op play is needed to succeed but it's still possible in single player mode but will make the game much harder and longer.

I must say it's a good RPG that stays original to the original Warcraft and maintaining the feeling of it but judging on it's aspect RPG, sadly, this is just your everyday RPG but with a little twist of AoS like type of game. Everything looks so same from an RPG, no unique features, items which I expected to be custom are not and the item drops from creep enemies starts to get repetitive at times (most likely full of consumables item drops), stackable items wastes another space on the inventory (in an RPG map, it is much suggested if you'll simply make the item stacks as it is instead of wasting another inventory space which gives more better results), and etc.

Now what I find to be good in the RPG is that simply you've made a successful Warcraft RPG which is good to be honest. There are lots of enemies in the map which makes it quite enjoyable but just a tip, it would be highly suggested to remove the team color from the other units and creeps (team glows should only be for heroes) and some heroes to be honest also misses a team glow, a map where it'll make you explore the map for a reason that you need to unlock most doors and gates in the map and of course hunting for bosses mainly for items or level up, the terrain looks pretty good even for it's Warcraft-ish quality, I am admitting that. I liked how the terrain look. You placed most doodads wisely and not just in hopes of spamming it and etc.

Now, as for my suggestions for the map, it would be suggested for you to add more useful items mostly useful on RPGs. There are only some medium sets of custom items in the map and most are standard Warcraft items which to add also, gets repetitive dropping on creeps, the team glows on the units could be removed also for it is only meant for heroes (team glows on units might confuse the players on distinguishing heroes from units), some heroes on the other hands misses a team glow which I pretty much think should have one. A quick tip in lined with the team glow, if you are using a model with a hero glow both on a hero unit and creep unit, it would be pretty much suggested to use it only once either just a unit or hero depending if it has team glow which should be for hero and if without for unit, the map as well could have more custom interface and some greater description instead of the standard way of giving descriptions and tooltips to things and stuffs. It would be much appreciated if you are to formulate a description/tooltip template! and etc.

Overall, I enjoyed the map but judging as what I've said basing on it's level as an RPG map, it's just your everyday RPG and nothing unique sadly.

Rated 3/5 and Approved still.

Level 30
That was a sudden turn of evens there. Good to see the map as a start and knowing me, I am an RPG fanatic and I would really like to see this through but sadly, I am quite busy.

Expect a review either later or if not, soon. I do not want to leave this map hanging out that long in the Pending Sections.

Level 8
Well the vision is not realy clear due to the massive use of effects. Maybe you can reduce the scaling and or the amount.
In my eyes good vision and nice looking eye candy don't contradict each other. If fx are well used they can improve to understand spells and their area of effect. But if they are overused the spells gets unclear, you loose vision and it just looks bad.

Level 23
How about adding actual information about the map instead of non-informative pictures?
All I know is that it's RPG and I have to kill a Boss (more generic pls).
Do I control one hero, or several, with additional units? (as seen on the screens)?
What makes the map special? This presentation doesn't make me wanna play this map.

Level 22
You're fast. I'm watching you Forsaken;) My eyes on you! Expect my review later:D

My draenei hero, looks f***ing good xD

Yay! Dollunar! I'll play it immediately! My favorite race is here too! I thought they will never appear at first. But, haven't played it yet :(

Thanks!

That was a sudden turn of evens there. Good to see the map as a start and knowing me, I am an RPG fanatic and I would really like to see this through but sadly, I am quite busy.

Expect a review either later or if not, soon. I do not want to leave this map hanging out that long in the Pending Sections.

Thanks hell_master, i can't wait to see your feedback xD

Well the vision is not realy clear due to the massive use of effects. Maybe you can reduce the scaling and or the amount.
In my eyes good vision and nice looking eye candy don't contradict each other. If fx are well used they can improve to understand spells and their area of effect. But if they are overused the spells gets unclear, you loose vision and it just looks bad.

Yea, i will work on this soon, thanks for the type xD

How about adding actual information about the map instead of non-informative pictures?
All I know is that it's RPG and I have to kill a Boss (more generic pls).
Do I control one hero, or several, with additional units? (as seen on the screens)?
What makes the map special? This presentation doesn't make me wanna play this map.

The screenshots are to show the gameplay itself, not information, cause it is in the gameplay description,and, if u would have read the thread, you woudn't ask me if it's a hero or several ones: "The gameplay is really simple, you pick up a hero. and for you that talk about what you just know is defeat the great demon-lord, read this "The players will face bosses as Kael, Brutallus, Mu'ruu, Entropius and many others!"
And what makes the gameplay special, it's a raid of world of warcraft, Sunwell Plateau. But what truly the gameplay special, is the players like.

Why you rate maps without playing them?!? You must always play first then rate! I cannot do anything if this map isn't attracting you! Next time try it and then rate!

Level 14
Why you rate maps without playing them?!? You must always play first then rate! I cannot do anything if this map isn't attracting you! Next time try it and then rate!

He didnt rate your map, he said your presentation isnt very convincing. And i have to agree with that, it pretty much says "you pick a hero and kill stuff" and you see screenshots crowded with special effects.
Honestly, there are so many maps on this website that you need to give the players a reason to even read your maps description. For a lot of people (including me) its the very first impression of the maps presentation that makes them either read it (and maybe play the map) or close the tab and read the next one.

You should add something like this (ofc only if its true):

Genre: Team RPG / Dungeoncrawler
Features: Very fast and challenging bossfights which require teamwork and strategy. Each player may chose from 8 different heroes with unique strengths and weaknesses.

Level 30
Review emerges and I guess this is what Forsaken is waiting for and so I give you a mini wall of text.

So, I have played your map and as I promised, I will give a review of the map and decide it's fate probably. The map's an RPG type of map where team play or co-op play is needed to succeed but it's still possible in single player mode but will make the game much harder and longer.

I must say it's a good RPG that stays original to the original Warcraft and maintaining the feeling of it but judging on it's aspect RPG, sadly, this is just your everyday RPG but with a little twist of AoS like type of game. Everything looks so same from an RPG, no unique features, items which I expected to be custom are not and the item drops from creep enemies starts to get repetitive at times (most likely full of consumables item drops), stackable items wastes another space on the inventory (in an RPG map, it is much suggested if you'll simply make the item stacks as it is instead of wasting another inventory space which gives more better results), and etc.

Now what I find to be good in the RPG is that simply you've made a successful Warcraft RPG which is good to be honest. There are lots of enemies in the map which makes it quite enjoyable but just a tip, it would be highly suggested to remove the team color from the other units and creeps (team glows should only be for heroes) and some heroes to be honest also misses a team glow, a map where it'll make you explore the map for a reason that you need to unlock most doors and gates in the map and of course hunting for bosses mainly for items or level up, the terrain looks pretty good even for it's Warcraft-ish quality, I am admitting that. I liked how the terrain look. You placed most doodads wisely and not just in hopes of spamming it and etc.

Now, as for my suggestions for the map, it would be suggested for you to add more useful items mostly useful on RPGs. There are only some medium sets of custom items in the map and most are standard Warcraft items which to add also, gets repetitive dropping on creeps, the team glows on the units could be removed also for it is only meant for heroes (team glows on units might confuse the players on distinguishing heroes from units), some heroes on the other hands misses a team glow which I pretty much think should have one. A quick tip in lined with the team glow, if you are using a model with a hero glow both on a hero unit and creep unit, it would be pretty much suggested to use it only once either just a unit or hero depending if it has team glow which should be for hero and if without for unit, the map as well could have more custom interface and some greater description instead of the standard way of giving descriptions and tooltips to things and stuffs. It would be much appreciated if you are to formulate a description/tooltip template! and etc.

Overall, I enjoyed the map but judging as what I've said basing on it's level as an RPG map, it's just your everyday RPG and nothing unique sadly.

Rated 3/5 and Approved still.

Level 11
Wow, I tried the map and it's amazing it really needs team work because I played it with my cousin and it was very hard with 2 only, we couldn't defeat Kael he is so strong!
We finished half of the map I think, and it's really amazing.

Level 5
After reading description and review, I guess in simple words this game is not new but good. I prefer good. Gotta play it now.

Level 22
Wow, I tried the map and it's amazing it really needs team work because I played it with my cousin and it was very hard with 2 only, we couldn't defeat Kael he is so strong!
We finished half of the map I think, and it's really amazing.

Wow, thank you!
Yea, he is a kind hard to kill, i will decrease his attack :)

Yes I agree yousef it's quite enjoyable:) As I said he should have made a map from scratch but it's his choice. Anyway it was a good gameplay.

Thanks!

After reading description and review, I guess in simple words this game is not new but good. I prefer good. Gotta play it now.

Yea, the gameplay don't have nothing new/innovator, but the gameplay is nice :)

Level 5
Finished it. Gotta say it is quite hard to solo but enjoyable and doable.

Gameplay - [+++] (as a co-op map which it is. Still [++] as a solo map)
Story - [0]
Characters (+NPC) - [0]
Graphics - [+]
Discovery - [0]
Quests - [0]
Layout - [+++]
Items - [+]
Bugs - [+++]

To better understand the rating please look at the Rating Table

Full Review

Edit: The following suggestion is mainly reasonable for solo

Insert a "send reinforcements" button instead of triggering one reinforcements team when killing some dude. They usually just run to their death as I'm at the Manawell and they don't come again. Alternatively you could let them be sent periodically every few minutes.

Level 22
Finished it. Gotta say it is quite hard to solo but enjoyable and doable.

Gameplay - [+++] (as a co-op map which it is. Still [++] as a solo map)
Story - [0]
Characters (+NPC) - [0]
Graphics - [+]
Discovery - [0]
Quests - [0]
Layout - [+++]
Items - [+]
Bugs - [+++]

To better understand the rating please look at the Rating Table

Full Review

Edit: The following suggestion is mainly reasonable for solo

Insert a "send reinforcements" button instead of triggering one reinforcements team when killing some dude. They usually just run to their death as I'm at the Manawell and they don't come again. Alternatively you could let them be sent periodically every few minutes.

Thanks, i really liked your review!

What is Avatara

It should be avatar.

Also, map updated:

-New outdoor terrain
-New custom items
-Some spells fixed
-Units don't have more hero glow
-New hero add, Illidari Demon Hunter, and more demons add as well.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
3/5.
Two players are enough but they don't have that much fun after they reach level 20 (max) near half way.

-the archers near the towers in the south entrance can block the way leaving the hero vulnerable to enemy attacks from behind
-Wretched attack and bones and blood get out of them
-Forked Fire's description and/or title doesn't specify the hotkey
-Storm has the same hotkey as Forked Fire and is not even mentioned in its description
-some units can be killed with spells while they are behind doors
-Storm deals damage to the caster and allies... it also seems to be too powerful
-how do you get gold for tomes and stuff?
-Madrigosa gets out in the open when the undead, the allied forces and the demons clash right south of the base
-the Infernal Juggernauts where Brutillus is became allied and started attacking the enemy there; they are invulnerable and have the Dragonhawk's Cloud effect on them
-spells need better description: how much damage they deal etc.
-Mephistroth can be dragged near the invulnerable door and killed by ranged heroes
-reduce the cooldown of the Staff of Teleportation in the ship shop
-Vexallus can be killed behind the door by ranged heroes or with ranged spells
-Brutallius reappeared after a while near the portal that's near the base; I think this guy crashes the game when he reaches the player's allied base