• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Construct with pieces Terraining Map

Do you want to add trees in this pack?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
CWP Terraining Map

attachment.php

attachment.php

This is not like UTM , but some of resources are from UTM. I imported alot of models in the map and i also renamed them
each just like what they do in UTM. I also removed the pathing of each resource/models. In this map , you can create everything in your
imagination with this small pieces of models.

In this pack , Some blizzard models are disabled but still , you can re enable it by changing/setting the "Editor-Tiesets" to "All"
manuallly.

Details

Structures
Min Scale : 0.01
Max Scale : 100.00

Props
Min Scale : 1
Max Scale : 5

Doodad Rotations : Free (-1)
Doodad Tilesets : All
Terraintile Default : Plain Gray
Extra Tiles : 7 Transparent tiles (Just replace some tiles, You dont need to import anymore)
Cliff Textures : Default (Dirt / Grass) *Nevermind*
Terrain Type : Ashenvale (Default / Gray tile) Cityscape (Transparent tiles) *In case you need to import a tile*

Terrain Level : 0
Boundaries " 480 x 480

Pathing Blockers : Disabled
Trees/Destructible : Disabled
Bridges/Ramps : Disabled

Requires
JNGP 2.0 / JNGP 1.5
>(Extension of JNGP) Grimoire *Enable ''No Limits'' Extension*
>(Extension of JNGP) Umswe *I set the pathability to "Unwalkable""Unflyable"&"Unbuildable", you can change it using UMSWE*
MiscData.txt *Move this file to UI folder in your Warcraft III directory*

Why i made this? My aim is to let Newbie Terrainers upgrade themselves to intermediate because more of the great terrainers disappear every year. This pack is just like kind of tutorial

Since the UTM4 is delayed (Or whatever happened to it) Lets try something new.

This pack have only have few resources/features. This is not a pack for playable map.

attachment.php

Bricks "Reskinned"
attachment.php

Trishtram Cathedral (DIII)

attachment.php

Desert (DIII)

attachment.php

Logs

attachment.php

Nerubians

attachment.php

Ruins

attachment.php

Houses

attachment.php

Framework

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

_uGre of XGM.RU where he shared the "Pack to create a home" "Pack to create a castle" Packs and many more
Dr of XGM.RU where he shared the "Nerubyish Pack"
xXm0rpH3usXx of THW for the bricks , logs , pavements , frameworks and underground pack of models
P4Ela of XGM.RU for some models of the pack
ScorpioT1000 of XGM.RU for some models of the pack
Yayoi of THW for some models of the pack
olofmoleman of THW for some models of the pack
Fingolfin of THW for some models of the pack
Pinachet of THW for some models of the pack
Sunchips of THW for some models of the pack
Sellenisko of THW for some models of the pack

attachment.php

Beta : First Release of the Map
v1.0 : Added Fortress/Demon Pieces , expanded boundaries , changed min and max scaling

Attachments

• screeny3.png
    screeny3.png
    462 KB · Views: 830
  • refugeinruins.png
    refugeinruins.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 837
  • ruinestheancient.png
    ruinestheancient.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 881
  • Bricks.png
    Bricks.png
    380.2 KB · Views: 954
  • Ruins.png
    Ruins.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 821
  • TrishtramCathedral.png
    TrishtramCathedral.png
    277.8 KB · Views: 842
  • Desert.png
    Desert.png
    294.7 KB · Views: 880
  • Framework.png
    Framework.png
    553.3 KB · Views: 804
  • Log.png
    Log.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 843
  • Nerub.png
    Nerub.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 812
  • Houses.png
    Houses.png
    363.6 KB · Views: 806
  • adv.png
    adv.png
    823 bytes · Views: 311
  • dlbeta.png
    dlbeta.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 699
  • dlbetav1.0.png
    dlbetav1.0.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 691
  • Construct With Pieces Terraining Map v.1.0.w3x
    4.6 MB · Views: 541
  • Construct With Pieces Terraining Map BETA.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 403
  • logs.png
    logs.png
    429 bytes · Views: 794
  • Artworks.png
    Artworks.png
    775 bytes · Views: 329
  • contains.png
    contains.png
    783 bytes · Views: 786
  • credits.png
    credits.png
    547 bytes · Views: 759
  • cwptm.png
    cwptm.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 751
  • descsw.png
    descsw.png
    775 bytes · Views: 803
Last edited:
I remove the screenies because i will replace them in better screenshots , expect it after 1 hour .

BTW , who like contest? The contest with no prizes and no limits.
The best work will lead the chart. Ill add chart on my thread for it. But youre only allowed to use THE CONSTRUCTION WITH PIECES Terraining map.

You can import tiles but youre not allowed to import new models.

BTW , you can post your entry anytime , no deadlines.

Level 35
Right, I'll just wait for the new screenshots then.

Also, real terrainers use "0.01" and "100.0" to scale everything to anything.
I'd advice you to change that, but seeing as you've got "thousands of models,"
I can see what a bitch that'd be.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Most pictures aren't loading here.
I think the scale "100" = 1 was too small , i made it '2' coz some models were really small , most of them are environment models (rocks , bricks ,etc)
He actually meant set the max scale to 100.0, not 1.00. Usually I set minimum scaling to 0.01, maximum to 100.0 and Defalut scale value to 1.00. Then when you place objects you can scale them up or down as far as you need in any direction.

Proptip: Don't use random scaling for this.
I haven't downloaded the map yet but I think you should include a readme file regarding their paths and textures.
For what? They're all included. And if you need to check it out, I guess for exporting, you can see all paths in your import manager.

>Tilt (make a doodad lie flat)
It's a terraining template, not a tutorial. :p

>Make a simple terrain by pieces (maybe add a sample in the map)
Have you ever played with legos?

since proper instructions on how to do those aren't that easy to find.
Yes they are in the first case. There are no proper ways to do constructions.

Level 16
I already know how to do those ^^

Stryderzero said, I quote:
Why i made this? My aim is to let Newbie Terrainers upgrade themselves to intermediate because more of the great terrainers are disappear every year. This pack is just like kind of tutorial

I suggested that since he would like to expose this Terraining Template AND part Tutorial mostly to those new to terraining, perhaps it would be better to add a short simple How To's in the map.

Besides, with what MasterTrainer said, I think it would be best to add a note with all the paths since, Stryderzero also mentioned that he added MOUNTAINS of imported data. This would make looking for a simple texture file(which you might not even know it's name) be like searching for a Fudge I give about your comment, oh sorry, I mean searching for a needle in a hay stack.

Most of the pictures not loading here are yet to be uploaded/replaced.

With that, I humbly both mine and MasterTrainer's cases.

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I suggested that since he would like to expose this Terraining Template AND part Tutorial mostly to those new to terraining, perhaps it would be better to add a short simple How To's in the map.
I don't see why they don't just read tutorials since they are all pretty much conveniently covered in the Guideline sticky anyways.

Besides, with what MasterTrainer said, I think it would be best to add a note with all the paths since, Stryderzero also mentioned that he added MOUNTAINS of imported data. This would make looking for a simple texture file(which you might not even know it's name) be like searching for a Fudge I give about your comment, oh sorry, I mean searching for a needle in a hay stack.
Export model file > open in Magos > open Texture Manager

Also how is a scrambled mass of textures and paths less messy in a .txt file than in the editor?

for a Fudge I give about your comment
yeah fuck horrible horrible little me right

Level 16
I was asking Fladdermasken, because for him it would be simple if terrainers would just export any model and view the textures it needs in Magos.

When looking for the textures and paths could have just been made simple to find through a text file with all the paths.

TO FLADDERMASKEN:
I Apologize for Firmly defending both mine and MasterTrainer's stand but we are here to suggest and support with Stryderzero's project. I believe that both of our suggestions are for the benefit of those who are to use this map. And Ultimately, it is Stryderzero's choice if he was to welcome both of our suggestions or not.

Last edited:
Level 35
I prefer Wc3 Model Viewer and MDX Pather for texture viewing and paths.
- But that's just me.

I kind of agree with flad on this one, no point in adding tutorials or "how to's" when firstly we've got that all covered in "A Guideline to Terraining and the Hive's Terraining Section,"
and secondly, any halfwit should know how to put construction parts together to make stuff, it's like fucking lego, to further Flad's point.

He actually meant set the max scale to 100.0, not 1.00. Usually I set minimum scaling to 0.01, maximum to 100.0 and Defalut scale value to 1.00. Then when you place objects you can scale them up or down as far as you need in any direction.

Oh okay.

Proptip: Don't use random scaling for this.
It depends on the user if he will disable random scaling , sorry but i also set random scaling to them with a min of 1 and max of 5. I guess this is not a problem.

Look for the details below
~~~

Details

Structures
Min Scale : 0.01
Max Scale : 100.00

Props
Min Scale : 1
Max Scale : 5

Doodad Rotations : Free (-1)
Doodad Tilesets : All
Terraintile Default : Plain Gray
Extra Tiles : 7 Transparent tiles (Just replace some tiles, You dont need to import anymore)
Cliff Textures : Default (Dirt / Grass) *Nevermind*
Terrain Type : Ashenvale (Default / Gray tile) Cityscape (Transparent tiles) *In case you need to import a tile*

Terrain Level : 0
Boundaries " 480 x 480

Pathing Blockers : Disabled
Trees/Destructible : Disabled
Bridges/Ramps : Disabled

Requires
JNGP 2.0 / JNGP 1.5
>(Extension of JNGP) Grimoire *Enable ''No Limits'' Extension*
>(Extension of JNGP) Umswe *I set the pathability to "Unwalkable""Unflyable"&"Unbuildable", you can change it using UMSWE*
MiscData.txt *Move this file to UI folder in your Warcraft III directory*

System Requirement
High Graphics / 1.5 GB+ Video Card *Reason: Doodads with high quality & scaling shows some problem in your screen*

~~~
I better include this to my map
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ap-volume-4-a-225248/index12.html#post2346843 @ MasterTrainer's Post (Post #176)
Anymore suggestion for the next version? You dont need to provide me a model.

~~~
Added Version 1.0 ,i imported new resources

Status
Not open for further replies.