• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contests ~ How would I be: My Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59795.png

160036-albums4747-picture59900.png

160036-albums4747-picture60882.png

A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. Create the weapon that you imagine yourself holding in a fantasy/futuristic setting!

160036-albums4747-picture59735.png

25 reputation for the winner & every contestant shall receive 5 reputation each!

160036-albums4747-picture59734.png

None yet!

160036-albums4747-picture59736.png

• Judges may not participate.
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • Art theft is absolutely not allowed and will be dealt with appropriately.
  • You may not utilise techniques such as photomanipulation, paintover or tracing in this contest.
  • The submission must follow the specified theme.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. There should be at least one image file in either .PNG, or .JPG format.
  • You must show at least one WIP of your final design before the deadline. It is strongly encouraged to do thumbnails as well.
  • Background is allowed as long as it does not detract from the concept, and the concept does not depend on the background.
  • Your submission may not be commenced on before the official launch of the contest, and you may not use previous work partially or entirely.
  • Teamwork is not allowed, but providing feedback to other contestants is strongly encouraged.

160036-albums4747-picture59727.png

The Concept Art Mini-Contest "How would I be: My weapon" shall begin on 14th of April and conclude on 1st of May.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Are we allowed to draw more than one weapon (e.g. a set of daggers) or is it only one?

Are we allowed to draw more than one weapon (e.g. a set of daggers) or is it only one?

I can't give you a solid answer to that. It really depends on the concept of the weapon. If the weapon's concept involves multiple daggers attached to the main weapon, then sure. However, if they are separated, then they are considered multiple submissions. There should be a corpus for the weapon. Use your ideas on it. :)

Level 6
" Create the weapon that you imagine yourself holding in a fantasy/futuristic setting!"

It just says weapon so even ur brain could be it i guess, just need to come up with the weapon best suited to your personality i think ;)
Unless "holding" is to be interpreted very literally, then you'd need smth you can hold with ur hands and use to inflict damage upon another, afterall it's a weapon not a shield :)

Level 15
" Create the weapon that you imagine yourself holding in a fantasy/futuristic setting!"

It just says weapon so even ur brain could be it i guess, just need to come up with the weapon best suited to your personality i think ;)
Unless "holding" is to be interpreted very literally, then you'd need smth you can hold with ur hands and use to inflict damage upon another, afterall it's a weapon not a shield :)
So, for example, my avatar is Optimus Prime, then I have to do a weapon that fits the avatar, or in general...

If so, then I have the solution:

G1_Prime_energon-axe.JPG
I prawn you!!!!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I've already got the concept for mine thought out. The Silver Fang Sword. Wolves <3

There are no limits at this contest; no one will accuse you if your concept-art weapon is not what you actually imagine yourself holding. It is just easier for people to think of themselves holding the weapon they are going to draw than be given the generic order of "draw a weapon". You can refer to the previous contest, that involved a helmet: How would I be: My Helmet.

BeTheWeapon.jpg

That's how I understood it, despite the "Create the weapon that you imagine yourself holding in a fantasy/futuristic setting!" thingy.
Turn into the weapon. Be poisonous smoke emitted by a corpse etc.
Going all "me iz zwo~rd" is a boring and generic as hell idea - hardly a proper concept.
Make the weapon of choice be a part of yourself, your personality.
You don't want to be some faceless nobody, and I am sure that none of you are.
Make that weapon represent who you are.

Take Bleache's As Nodt, for example: s/he does not hold a bow. His/her arrows induce fear. Not the physical wounds are deadly - the sudden shock of one's greates fears is.

I'd definitely augment the theme like that. It's so much more interesting that way.

Last edited:
Level 30
Here is my WiPs!

"A broken and old axe that people finds no use of because of its low quality. But some people still used it to defend themselves. Even a low quality axe, a warrior wielded and used this to kill more than 1000 demons. The warrior was successful in the end. Who could've believed that this axe can still kill more than 1000 demons? Now people believed this axe to be a different kind, a sacred axe!"

attachment.php

"I am trying to remove those black lines on the Axe to make it realistic. Does it need change how will I make this realistic?"

attachment.php

"I am trying now to make this smooth so it will look a little realistic, any ideas how?"

attachment.php

"I am now trying to make the Axe's handle to be realistic, any ideas on how to?"

Attachments

• My Weapon WiP#1 Axe.jpg
    My Weapon WiP#1 Axe.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,265
  • My Weapon WiP#2 Axe.jpg
    My Weapon WiP#2 Axe.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 952
  • My Weapon WiP#3 Axe.jpg
    My Weapon WiP#3 Axe.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,030
Last edited:
Level 18
Sign me IN !!! :)

Hey guys haven't been active in the past months, but this is because of uni... (Finally got in BA Graphics For Games (3d modeling and animations sh!ts :D) ) So sign me in :)
WIP: Check Attachment

P.S.: Real Size 2000 x 2000 :) (This is a cut out i don't want to spoil you with the full concept before it is finished :D )

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    938.6 KB · Views: 264
Spirited Away - Denied.

-Plz plz plz bleach sword for the win anyone?! :D
So when you stab someone, his/her clothes will become whiter than white?
Let me interpret that "bleach sword" of yours. You are either referring to a Zanpakutō or a generic katana.

Shiny metal by PeeKay, as usual.

Kind of disappointing though, people going straight for blunt and most common instruments of slaughter when reading "weapon".
No interpretation, just an adaption of cosmetics/design.

Level 15
Its a basic sword with higher reach:
Try to defend from it, and you might take a scratch on your face.
Try to avade from it and you might take seryes slice on your back.
Try to attack and you can't tell where the end of the defending blade will hit you.

Strategy simple sword, I like it.

Level 49
Let me interpret that "bleach sword" of yours. You are either referring to a Zanpakutō or a generic katana.

Kind of disappointing though, people going straight for blunt and most common instruments of slaughter when reading "weapon".

Mostly usual interpretation of a "weapon" is a sword and knife.

Well, i have an idea, today will reupload my entry :) i think you will love it much more than "cosmetics/design" interpretation of a Axe

Level 18

I thought that the idea was to create what our weapon would look like. In other words what weapon would you like to have if you were living in a different world :) Plus my thing is not going to be a sword :) It is going to be a spear but with long blade because you won't need to trow it :) Will upload soon new wips. (No time for work uni stuff crushing me :D )

Level 18
That's alright, but far from being creative, which a concept should be.
The theme itself doesn't offer too much insight on how far it can be stretched, so I will just take my chances. It's good training either way.

You have a point :) But i am studying graphics for games now and i do this things all day+ 3d models and animations. And yet only peekay has a final version of his concept i think.. The others just submit wips :) So there is plenty of time you know :)

Level 28
BD, by "new weapon" are you referring to something like that http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/viridian-claw.jpg ? A new weapon type? Yes it's pretty cool if one is able to make something NEW as a weapon type but, I don't see what the problem is with the basic types of weapons - they can be equally cool like the new weapon if they are made well.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Looks nice, reminds me of Queelag's blade a bit.

EDIT: WiP~
212788-albums5632-picture68256.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.