• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Mini-Contests ~ How would I be: My Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59795.png

160036-albums4747-picture59818.png

160036-albums4747-picture59817.png

Imagine that you are a civilian of a distant world (fictional/futuristic/fantasy). What helmet would you wear?

160036-albums4747-picture59735.png

25 reputation for the winner & every contestant shall receive 5 reputation each!

160036-albums4747-picture59734.png

None yet!

160036-albums4747-picture59736.png

• Judges may not participate.
  • No submission may violate any of the site rules.
  • Art theft is absolutely not allowed and will be dealt with appropriately.
  • You may not utilise techniques such as photomanipulation, paintover or tracing in this contest.
  • The submission must follow the specified theme.
  • Your submission must be posted before the deadline. There should be at least one image file in either .PNG, or .JPG format.
  • You must show at least one WIP of your final design before the deadline. It is strongly encouraged to do thumbnails as well.
  • Background is allowed as long as it does not detract from the concept, and the concept does not depend on the background.
  • Your submission may not be commenced on before the official launch of the contest, and you may not use previous work partially or entirely.
  • Teamwork is not allowed, but providing feedback to other contestants is strongly encouraged.

160036-albums4747-picture59727.png

The Concept Art Mini-Contest "How would I be: My helmet" shall begin on 31st of July and conclude on 18th of August.

Last edited:
Level 4
The Dragon Helmet!
(NOTE: Please do not mind the cartoonish look in the Helmet!)

A helmet that is made up of a dragon's head converted into helmet by special materials. It was once said, whoeaver wears this helmet will be under the curse of the dragon! It will make the wearer acts like a mindless human that knows nothing but to kill his/her allies, with dragon powers and in the end will kill the wearer!

116764d1345086215-concept-art-mini-contests-how-would-i-my-helmet-dragon-monster-helmet-3.png

Attachments

• Dragon Monster Helmet!.png
    Dragon Monster Helmet!.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Dragon Monster Helmet 2.png
    Dragon Monster Helmet 2.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Dragon Monster Helmet 3.png
    Dragon Monster Helmet 3.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:
Level 11
Giant's Skull Helmet (WIP)

Ok, so here's my work's base WIPs. It's not just a skull, it's supposed to be a giant's skull, taken from its owner and remade into a comfy helmet.

Some of the skull parts may be held together with a rope of some sort, or maybe a piece of metal, though I can't say it for sure, since my final concept is still a bit unclear. (It also adds a little mystery, not to spoil everything)
On the lower back of the helmet I'll place some leather, so that the neck won't be completely nude. (This can also be changed in the future)

As well as this, I hope to provide some lore for that work, so that it will explain the concept and why I'd like to wear such a helmet :)
P.S. I'm not going to make an update every day, but I'll do one every time, the concept had some major changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.