• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v3.0.1

Information

If you've ever wanted to transfer progress between multiplayer maps, you probably needed to type in a long code.

That is no longer needed with this system. This will allow you to read save data from your WC3 folder and sync it to all other players in the map.

The demo map features:
  1. Load without typing anything
  2. Save Hero
    • Level/XP
    • Items
    • Abilities
    • Hero Name

3. 5 Save Slots
* Everything is customizable and you can make the system save & load anything you want.

* This system is intended for GUI users.

Installation

To import the system, all you have to do is copy the trigger folders over to your map and save it.

Screenshots

untitled5-png.241496

untitled3-png.241494

untitled4-png.241495

113935-913340d9135dcfb50a7ac3b3dff3e424.png

Credits

Pipedream (optimal save system)
Previews
Contents

Codeless Save & Load v1.3.9 (Map)

Codeless Save & Load v3.0.1 (Map)

Reviews
Awaiting further review
Level 4
The reason I don't respond to you is that all the answers to your questions are obvious and have already been answered or explained in the thread.

Take five seconds to read the instructions and look at the triggers and it should be clear that you can add values to the save code. You can use any save system you want.

Matter of fact, Nestharus already answered you earlier (same question): Codeless Save and Load (Multiplayer) - v1.3.4 I know I have too.

If you can't figure it out than maybe you should try a new system. It literally takes 2 lines of copy and paste to add values to the save code (and load).

It should also be glaringly obvious which parts save stats:

• Actions
    • -------- ------------------- --------
    • -------- Save Attributes --------
    • Set SaveCount = (SaveCount + 1)
    • Set SaveValue[SaveCount] = (Strength of SaveTempUnit (Exclude bonuses))
    • Set SaveMaxValue[SaveCount] = 999
    • Set SaveValue[SaveCount] = (Agility of SaveTempUnit (Exclude bonuses))
    • Set SaveValue[SaveCount] = (Intelligence of SaveTempUnit (Exclude bonuses))

Sorry my english is bad, but I do not understand how I do to save another non-hero unit with the inventory ...

Cyk

Cyk

Level 1
Hello trigger, as I could somehow do that I can only load 1 time per game.!

edit: i need save 5heroes (dummy or back) per player how i do that?

thx

Last edited:
Level 2
Ok, everything works awesomely. exept when i save a hero with items in inventory and load it again, it gets random abilities and just one of the items.... It works flawless and doesnt fuck up abilities if i save without items.... I put all heroes into the array aswell as all abilities and the items that im trying to save. What am i doing wrong since everything seems just fine :/ Id be most grateful for ANY help regarding this.

Local Files is enabled... Yet the system doesn't let me save to or load from files?
Did this system break with the latest update or is something not right with my setup?

Patch 1.28.0 broke it, but I think I can get it working on 1.28.2 when I have time.

EDIT: It's still broken until Blizzard fixes Preloader.

Last edited:
Hello Trigger Happy. I really like your codeless system. It is very helpful. However since the 1.28 it doesn't properly work. The save and load seem to work but I cannot register a data on my map black forest, while on the 1.27 version I had no issues. Did I do something wrong?

Here is the map where I did the use of the trigger. I would thanks you a lot
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/4ca46021159bcfa1b8cc7a9e3624028112346/

Level 4
Hello Trigger Happy. I really like your codeless system. It is very helpful. However since the 1.28 it doesn't properly work. The save and load seem to work but I cannot register a data on my map black forest, while on the 1.27 version I had no issues. Did I do something wrong?

Here is the map where I did the use of the trigger. I would thanks you a lot
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/pastebin/4ca46021159bcfa1b8cc7a9e3624028112346/

From what I can see in that map, You have not modified what can be saved in the slightest... In the folder "SaveLoad - GUI" You have a trigger named "Save Init"

Open this file and setup the things you want to be saved. Which units (Your playable hero/character), Which items, Abilities if you'd like that as well.

Updated, 1.3.8.

The system works faster and better than ever on the newest patch. You can see some speed comparisons on this post.
  • Fixed an issue where "AllowLocalFiles.bat" would not be generated on patch 1.28.0+
  • Fixed an issue with local files detection on pre 1.28.0.
  • Fixed a couple struct instance leaks.
  • Updated Sync to v1.2.5.
  • Updated SyncInteger to v1.2.0.
  • Updated PlayerUtils to 1.2.8.

Level 2
Try redownloading the map. The code in that screenshot is corrupted/modified. Also, which JNGP are you using? I would suggest WEX anyway.
ok, i redownload map, and in options Jass New Generation Pack disable cJass Adic Parser and have no error in you map. But now i copy your triggers to my map and have this problem
1-jpg.278193

I am use UMS 5.0. editor

Can i give to you my map, and you check this problem. I want use your system, but warcraft not want this.

And sorry for my little english.

Level 7
When I try to save the map with this system; it stops on validating scripts and crashes. There's no progress, and I can't save the map with this system. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it? I've tried compiling on SharpCraft and regular world edit.

Level 3
so i need to download WEX first? i already download and install it, but the WEX got error too
the error said unabled to locate version info for address pls help

Last edited:
so i need to download WEX first? i already download and install it, but the WEX got error too
the error said unabled to locate version info for address pls help

It uses vJASS which requires JassHelper. WEX is a custom editor that can run JassHelper when you save your map.

IF you're having issues with WEX post in the WEX thread. To me it looks like you're using an unsupported version of Warcraft III, or selecting the wrong executable.

Level 15
Is there a limit to the amount of data that can be stored?

Can you write any number of files to the user's local files?

How long does it take to sync and everyone to load their code?

Does this work on macOS?

i cant understand how to use this :/ (local file)

There's instructions on how to enable local files on the "Installation" section of the main post.

1. Is there a limit to the amount of data that can be stored?

2. Can you write any number of files to the user's local files?

3. How long does it take to sync and everyone to load their code?

4. Does this work on macOS?

1. No but if you are loading a lot of data (2,000+ integers) it may take some time.
  2. Unless Blizzard changed something recently, yes.
  3. You can see some speeds here. Basically for most maps on the newest patch it will be effectively instant.
  4. I haven't tested it but I don't see why not.

Level 4
Hello!
I added this system to my map and it worked perfect at the start. But at some point in the game the whole system suddenly stops working. It says that I have to check my name and that the code is invalid. But a few minutes ago everything worked perfectly. I tested this a few times and everytime it stops working after a few minutes in the game.
Need Help. Thanks :)

Hello!
I added this system to my map and it worked perfect at the start. But at some point in the game the whole system suddenly stops working. It says that I have to check my name and that the code is invalid. But a few minutes ago everything worked perfectly. I tested this a few times and everytime it stops working after a few minutes in the game.
Need Help. Thanks :)

Do you save and load a lot in-game? Like hundreds of times? There is a leak in pipedreams savecode system, but you would only notice it after many saves or loads. If you have a replay of this bug it would help.

Level 4
Do you save and load a lot in-game? Like hundreds of times? There is a leak in pipedreams savecode system, but you would only notice it after many saves or loads. If you have a replay of this bug it would help.

No I dont really save alot in my games. It also happened when I only saved one time at the beginning of the game and when I tried to save an hour after that, it didnt work anymore. Very mysterious^^

----Edit----
I figured out that that crash really depends on the played time. I saved my character at the start of the game (everything worked), left the game open for a while and after an hour or two I tried to save but it didnt work again.

Last edited:
Level 4
No I dont really save alot in my games. It also happened when I only saved one time at the beginning of the game and when I tried to save an hour after that, it didnt work anymore. Very mysterious^^

----Edit----
I figured out that that crash really depends on the played time. I saved my character at the start of the game (everything worked), left the game open for a while and after an hour or two I tried to save but it didnt work again.

Turn off auto-save on system

Updated, 2.0.0.
  • The system now works without having to enable "Allow Local Files" as of Patch 1.30.
  • Added "SaveUseGUI" variable which lets you toggle between the GUI and vJass versions.
  • The dialog system will now save/load using the GUI triggers if "SaveUseGUI" is set to true.
  • Hero proper names are now stored in the save code and use BlzSetHeroProperName when loading.
  • Added every valid ASCII character to the save code alphabet to reduce code size.
  • Added "SaveLoadMaxLength" variable to define the max length that can be synced.
  • Added SaveFile library to help manage save slots.
  • Reworked SaveHelper library to be more vJass friendly.
  • Updated Sync to v1.3.0.
  • Updated SyncInteger to v1.2.1.
  • Updated PlayerUtils to v1.2.9.
  • Replaced Nestharus' FileIO library with a better version (FileIO).
  • Removed UnitDex and GroupUtils libraries.
  • Removed AutoSave (temporarily).
This version will produce a code wipe if you try updating from v1.3.9. If you don't want the code wipe you need to make sure the alphabet and max values are the same between both versions.

Level 4
Updated, 2.0.0.
  • The system now works without having to enable "Allow Local Files" as of Patch 1.30.
  • Added "SaveUseGUI" variable which lets you toggle between the GUI and vJass versions.
  • The dialog system will now save/load using the GUI triggers if "SaveUseGUI" is set to true.
  • Hero proper names are now stored in the save code and use BlzSetHeroProperName when loading.
  • Added every valid ASCII character to the save code alphabet to reduce code size.
  • Added "SaveLoadMaxLength" variable to define the max length that can be synced.
  • Added SaveFile library to help manage save slots.
  • Reworked SaveHelper library to be more vJass friendly.
  • Updated Sync to v1.3.0.
  • Updated SyncInteger to v1.2.1.
  • Updated PlayerUtils to v1.2.9.
  • Replaced Nestharus' FileIO library with a better version (FileIO).
  • Removed UnitDex and GroupUtils libraries.
  • Removed AutoSave (temporarily).
This version will produce a code wipe if you try updating from v1.3.9. If you don't want the code wipe you need to make sure the alphabet and max values are the same between both versions.

How do I always choose a slot to save the hero and not save in an automatic slot?