• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Card Game Project (Pics Inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am Darkfang and I started a project
to create a card game app for Facebook, Android and IOS

Click for the Project Follow Up Thread

I was wondering if there is any 2D artist interested, you will be free to create your own concepts, the only requirement is for you to be proficient with photo edition.

If you are interested come to my profile or PM me.

IMAGES

kingscardfbacklowlevel-png.249817
kingscardfbackhighlevel-png.249818

sacrificialchickencardcomplete-png.249828

veljxvtk5kodwg7dkyvg.jpg

Last edited:
So, your "art" will be photo editing and paintover.

Yes, you are being kinda judgmental...

A lot of the art done today is photoedition, I have a friend that is famous and has done a lot of book covers and magazine covers and they look amazing, and original, and all of it is photoedition, besides, I need to create 150-300 cards to make a viable game, therefore I need to create a lot of images, photoedition allows artists to create their own concept without having to spend too much time on each image, plus the result looks good.

Finally, I'm creating a game, not icons for the hive, your rules do not apply.

Really??

Again: Why is this in the Texturing & Surfacing forum?

Because I'm searching for artists whom are capable to do Textures and art? and because the 2D artists come to this side of the forum.
In the other hand Im exposing what I've created.

Do you really have a problem against photoedition?

So, this is a sort of request.
Please, read the rules(Texturing & Surfacing - Read Before Posting!):
"Show off your own work, get feedback from professional artists, discuss various techniques and have an all around good time...
...Don't request skins/icons in this forum. Any and all requests go in the Requests forum."

So, this is a sort of request.
Please, read the rules(Texturing & Surfacing - Read Before Posting!):
"Show off your own work, get feedback from professional artists, discuss various techniques and have an all around good time...
...Don't request skins/icons in this forum. Any and all requests go in the Requests forum."

I'm not requesting icons or skins, I'm exposing what I've created and I want artists to come and talk to me about it to see if they are interested, I'm not requesting resources for the hive.

Level 50
Well, I understand you need a lot of images to get card game started, but image tracing can hardly be tagged as digital art. You can always use references but this photo edition is really hardcore image production. And it doesn't require too much of skill either.

You got enough digital art skill to do it without image tracing and taking your time to produce it on your own might be necessary to have a good card game. This way, you can't really credit yourself for anything besides recolor.

Well, I understand you need a lot of images to get card game started, but image tracing can hardly be tagged as digital art. You can always use references but this photo edition is really hardcore image production. And it doesn't require too much of skill either.

You got enough digital art skill to do it without image tracing and taking your time to produce it on your own might be necessary to have a good card game. This way, you can't really credit yourself for anything besides recolor.

Not exactly because in this case I repainted the whole Chicken, even the feathers, nonetheless I need to have a base and it is better to use photoedition because if we are various artists and we try to do a full illustration the results would vary too much due to the fact that we don't have the same styles, with Photoedition we at least come close to each other in terms of style and it is easier to work. And btw, yes, it might not seem too respectable as "digital art", but hey there are people who are famous just by using photoedition and I have nothing against them.

Here is my friend:

Carlos Quevedo Deviant Art

As I've seen how he works almost all of what he does comes from imagestocks and he does a lot of layer work, it does take time, but the result is awesome.

What I think about it:

This is going to be an app for a game on facebook, which is something not segnificant. Put equal amouth of effort into art style instead of overdetailed colorful flashy exagurated game like it is GOTY or something. Few colors, simpler shading, yet artistic. Lineart should be focus and enough values to differ objects from each other.

What I think about it:

This is going to be an app for a game on facebook, which is something not segnificant. Put equal amouth of effort into art style instead of overdetailed colorful flashy exagurated game like it is GOTY or something. Few colors, simpler shading, yet artistic. Lineart should be focus and enough values to differ objects from each other.

it is gonna generate money, it is gonna be significant as I already have the idea of how we are going to generate money. It is not Line Art, we are using photoedition, if we use line art we wouldn't be able to merge styles.

it is also gonna be an app...

This is the Follow Up Thread which will contain the updated artistic content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.