• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CaptainHook.blp

Reactions: deepstrasz
"Tick-tock tick-tock, Hook's afraid of an old dead clock!"

Yarr!!
a skin that i made for my favorite herrdave model
and because i love pirate. :goblin_yeah:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/captain-james-hook-276655/?prev=mmr=6

yes, i already have permission from him. unfortunately, this skin could only fit to the first hook model that he uploaded, as he updated it constantly. so he allow me to provide the first model that i retextured via pastebin. (too bad it doesn't has the other cool animation)

i can't figure out how the wrap on the boots and the pants work. i tried to paint it over and over but it always looks weird :(
so i decided to leave it like the original one.

Download the model here! ->http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin_data/aowz75/_files/CaptainHook.mdx

Enjoy and give credit. or hook will poke you with his hook :3

Keywords:
Pirate, Captain hook, Herrdave, Barbossa, Peter Pan, Wendy, Cartoon.
Contents

Captain Hook (Texture)

Reviews
Heinvers
@Darkfang It's never too late to make one. Why not make one yourself? :] ~Texture approved~

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Before I approve this, there are things needed to be considered. Firstly, the texture needs contrasting highlights it looks very dull at the moment. The golden parts however needs more shading. Be advised that the sunlight or light source is above. Secondly, the hair is somewhat weird, it looks straw-like rather than the natural looking flow of hair. It also lacks shading and proper highlights. I don't quite see the pants - it doesn't have any shading and looks quite existent (because it is black fully). Maybe try to use other colors for that part particularly? Lastly, I don't like the beard it also looks unnatural and looks that it was just pasted on his face (on my perspective tho). When things considered (even not all of them), I may probably give another feedback. Good luck!

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Before I approve this, there are things needed to be considered. Firstly, the texture needs contrasting highlights it looks very dull at the moment. The golden parts however needs more shading. Be advised that the sunlight or light source is above. Secondly, the hair is somewhat weird, it looks straw-like rather than the natural looking flow of hair. It also lacks shading and proper highlights. I don't quite see the pants - it doesn't have any shading and looks quite existent (because it is black fully). Maybe try to use other colors for that part particularly? Lastly, I don't like the beard it also looks unnatural and looks that it was just pasted on his face (on my perspective tho). When things considered (even not all of them), I may probably give another feedback. Good luck!

hightlight hm.. still practicing my shading so, i see your point.

and the hair, i'm still pretty bad on making hair. but the straw look is probably because i'm using 1 px pencil tool lol. more than 1 px and it looks really jagged.

about the pants, the wrap on it is quite confusing to deal with. herrdave was also left it black without any shading on the original model. it applies on the boots aswell. i try to shade it but it doesn't looks really well. except if someone can offer a help for it, i may look into it.

k k. probably after my exams done. i update it after that.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

ah yes. forgot about this.

i think i just gonna leave it in the sub-standard/simple resources.
too busy to update it. and the pants and the boots wrap is not fun to work with :3

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Just beautiful! Loved it and now that I'm thinking so...I don't have a pirate hero in my project "War of Sanctity II" . I think I'll use this one. Good job! 5/5 from me.

Moderator comment:

This would be approvable, but there's that little impediment that restricts it from getting through.
The skin has a milky look. Color contrast plus shading and highlights are not strong enough to make the overall texture stand out in-game.
Could be fixed quite well with the levels option of your image editing program(e.g. PS).

As well as the lack of actual work absent from the pants wrap.
This in term gives it a rather lacking look and takes away from the good concept this was going for.

Set to Substandard/Too Simple section until updated.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

skin updated with new boots, pants, and hat.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

yarr!

the texture is not meant to be used for the model that herrdave provided, but to be used for the model that i provided in my pastebin which is in the skin description.
because at the time that i made this texture, herrdave was constantly updating his model 5 times, including the wrap and the animation. so i ask if herrdave allow me to upload the model that i retextured into my pastebin and post it into the skin description, and he allow me to do it.

i also more prefer the wrap on the model in my pastebin, and the overall look and the shape of the model. although it's missing the cool animation, but what i can say?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also, isn't that mean your skin would be need to be changed aswell? isn't you made a texture for the same model that i provided in my pastebin? because your texture isn't working well for the new hook model. but work with the model in my pastebin.