• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't open a custom map on warcraft 3 TFT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
you'll see lately i wanted to open a custom map (which wasn't done by me) the name of the map is "naruto ultimate rpg 4.2c " and the problem is that i want to open this map, but when i go to "custom play" and select that map the box where it should appear the teams and all that it's empty and if i push the play button, the boxes scroll up like if the game was going to start but then they scroll back down, any help?
also, sorry if this is off topic is the first time i make a post...

Level 25
that's not protection - he doesn't want to open the map in World Editor, he wants to play it.
I'm not sure what the problem could be apart that it may be done for older version of WCIII which for some reason is not compatible with the current version - or vice versa, you may not have the latest wc3 version while the map uses it.

Level 1
I had this issue with DOTA when I tried it the first time, it was because I didnt have the latest patch to support it.

update wc3 to the latest patch if you dont have it allready.

1.26 is the latest.

i have the 1.26 patch, and i've already tried with 1.21,1.23a, 1.24b and 1.26 (by switching versions with the WVS) should i try every single patch from 1.21 to 1.26? or could it be a different error?

Level 1
SOLVED!!! than you all for your support, i decided to check the patch again and guess what, my patch was wrongly installed because my warcraft said i've got the "1.07" after i installed the "1,26", i installed it correctly, and it worked!

Level 1
also, i wanted to know why when i open a saved fail on a multiplayer game (which i played alone) why doesn't it load and says "the saved file is unavailable or corrupted", i know this is off-topic, so the question is, where should i post this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
WC3 saved games are buggy as they do not correctly save/restore the internal game state. Most maps will break when loaded anyway. This is why you should use the inbuilt save/load to file functionality maps offer (or -save for those old maps which do not have file IO save systems).

If the save was made with an old version of WC3 then it will logically not be load-able in a new version as the save format will likely have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.