• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Booty Bay (EXAMPLE UPLOAD)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Authors Notes
Hi!
This is my first upload to the Hive.
I hope you like my map, and if you enjoy playing it, don't forget to give it a rating!

Story
Pirates once anchored their ships in these quiet coves.
Now the area is overrun with more brutal tenants.
Establish your own kingdom on these islands before your opponent does.

Map Specifics

208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players

208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps
4 6 4

208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings

208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines
Tactics
In this small and narrow map you need to gain control of crucial points in order to dominate the map.
A fountain of health may be important to hold the line against your enemy, and the goblin laboratory above it can grant you acess to the gold mine islands.

booty-bay-0-png.246274
booty-bay-1-png.246275

booty-bay-2-png.246276

booty-bay-3-png.246277

[2016-08-22]-Uploaded
-Fixed description
[2016-08-23]-Added a few more trees to both bases
-Added an extra creep camp in the middle

You may alter this map in any way you desire, just don't forget to give me credits if you do!
Contents

Booty Bay (Map)

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

What the........? This is actually a Blizzard melee map, why did you upload it here since it is already in every Warcraft III folder? :/ :/ :/ really weird. You even said "you may alter this map but don't forget to give credits" !!?!?!? What credits since it is not your map! Anyone may do what the **** he/she wants to.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

I cant be sure, but as i remember in this map Rufus make some uncommon battle system or smth like that.
Oh really? I'll see it, if there's even a "change" actually.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Don't be stupid.
You have to realize that this is more or less a template for how
to do descriptions...
Think a bit before you start hating.
I mean, read the description and look at the author's name,
that should tell you more than enough..
I am not hating, just wondering, because it is strange to upload a template map already existing in the warcraft 3 maps folder

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Don't be stupid.
Well, it's true that Ruf didn't mention anything about that plus look, it's in the Substandard for some reason. This should be somewhere else if it's supposed to be taken seriously as the example it's supposed to be. Besides not everyone knows Rufus is a Map Moderator. At first I thought it was some sort of test. Other mods used to to that. The map could use the template tag just in case.

Level 26
Oh, sorry to cause such a fuzz!
Yes, this is purely an attempt to make an easy and understandable map description.
I'm creating a tutorial, and left this here isimply as a template for a good description.
I used a map that everybody knows for clarity purposes.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Well, it's true that Ruf didn't mention anything about that plus look, it's in the Substandard for some reason. This should be somewhere else if it's supposed to be taken seriously as the example it's supposed to be. Besides not everyone knows Rufus is a Map Moderator. At first I thought it was some sort of test. Other mods used to to that. The map could use the template tag just in case.
God! Thanks! At least someone understands what I am trying to say.