• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

Level 2
How did you make that WC2 turtle? I mean, how did you get the model so low in the water (without being amphibious)? I presume it's not amphibious since it can't move on land.

Last edited:
Level 2
Wc2

Spent some time today trying out a couple versions of your Tides of Darkness map and I have to say very nice work Kam!

I have just recently become interested in modding, specifically the campaigns from the first 2 games retold in the immersive WC3 style.

I see that you cannot give away most of the models in your maps, but I am very interested to play the original maps for which these were made, or possibly pursue permissions on them. Just to name a few:

-Warcraft 2 style Horde blacksmith
-Altar of Storms
-Temple of the Damned
-Dragon Roost - I feel so bad for Keri chained up like that :(

These are excellent models true to the WC2 style. Where can I find the original maps that use these?

How did you make that WC2 turtle? I mean, how did you get the model so low in the water (without being amphibious)? I presume it's not amphibious since it can't move on land.

It is amphibious, you just enter "float" into the required animations in the unit properties and then it only uses animations with that word in them.

The AI will be pretty fast once I get the template from Av3n; it will use everything except naval units and develop rapidly. If you leave it alone you'll be facing a substantial amount of tier 3 units in about 15-20 minutes.

While I await the AI, this is the FFA map I've made, it's also much less naval focused.

Attachments

• untitled3242.JPG
    untitled3242.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 93
My hope is that people will continue to play after I stop updating content, I certainly will play for awhile. As far as new projects no, I simply don't have time anymore. I'm fast approaching the end of college and I have no idea what I'm doing with my life.

But keep the map suggestions coming, I'll be here for awhile yet.

Here's a basic list of what I've done so far:

Atar of Teron spelled wrong
Remove upper naval units
Replace shrubs
Redo tower pathing
Add more doodads
Remove Elven Quay/Troll Berth
Fix hero names
Nerf naval units HP
Remove center creeps, rock off
Change Dragon back to red
Replace orc destroyer skin
Change boat vioces to default
change player colors
Replace weapon upgrade icons
Harden AI
Make Mage and Death Knight unarmored
Lower mana regen rate for Paladin/Magi
Remove hero abilities and increase base HP
Fix armor upgrade tooltips
Decrease pathing size of naval buildings
Waeken Altar of Teron HP
Make Healing instant and heal for 300 HP
Decrease Land Consumption to 30% heal

Last edited:
Level 2
hi, this is my first post since you created the map, i've been playing your map alot lately, i must say that this is a well done map, keep the updates and effort going, im going to be watching :D

Level 20
Well on other team was human player and normal AI.Human was making ships and small army and AI was making very big army but with to much Grifins(how do you spell it?).
It was hard to win without my ally.And that reminds me when he left his units were slowly assimilated by me so I couldn't use his resources or population.Why was that?

Level 20
Did you put that?Well it is bad actually.It is much better having two armies than having more units to your side and still have same population limit.That way there is still some balance.
And it doesn't work for ship and shipyards.That was only blue thing left.

Level 20
When player leaves other allies get the full control over his base and can use not only units but also resources and can upgrade and most important to have their population .That is why rescuing them is not needed and even worse.But comp idea is better.

Level 6
Im sorry for my delayed reply, I have been quite busy recently.

But, I think its a lot more balanced now but there are still a few things to fix.

1.) Dragons are overpowered, remove their flame ability.
2.) Computers cannot be on the same team, thats annoying if you want to do 2 humans vs 2 CPU.

Level 24
Well, you already gave most to me, if you remember, all except the Temple of the Damned, more precisely. If you could send that one too it'd be awesome.

Perhaps you could PM me a list of the authors of the models you gave to me so I could ask them for permission to use them also.

Last edited: