1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

Best user-made campaign for Warcraft III?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Town Hall' started by Rui, Jan 22, 2012.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz
    Dude, you give credit to Blizzard for their work on the models. You only get credit for the ideas implemented in the campaign or map or whatever. And doing so you actually advertize Blizzard Entertainment's games, you spread and flourish the community.

2. Deolrin

Deolrin
    That is basically me experience as well, though I didn't get too far in the campaign. I was at the first or second chapter, and just sort of got bored. :(

3. Arcisal

Arcisal
    Well, think of it this way. Did Blizzard grant you the permission to use their models? And another thing, the mere size of the model files alone is already too big, despite the quality. There are plenty of good models out there that are of much smaller size.

And just to get on topic, I think the Nameless One is pretty good.

4. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8
    If we're on that note, is there permission give to use WC3 models? Probably a ridiculous point (And not exactly taking the side of people who use WoW models, I don't like them all that much), but still food for thought :p

I'd also like to add two campaigns to my list, Dark Times and The_Spoon's 2P campaigns (If it counts for anything?)

5. clockwork2

clockwork2
    I'd have to say that these campaigns are pretty good:
    Ascension Campaign(still is in progress, still pretty good!)
    Wanderers of Sorceria(A amazing anime like campaign)
    The Chosen Ones(a unique game with many a unique skill.)
    Day of the dragon
    The Last guardian.
    since i haven't played the 2p campaign or the dark times i wouldn't know about Whitewolf's recent votes

6. Arcisal

Arcisal
    If were on that note, why would Blizzard create the World Editor in the first place if they didn't allow users to use their models?

And also, I do like the 2P Campaign as well.

7. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8
    Well, technically Blizzard didn't exactly create it directly, but just the same, I just love to make ridiculous points.

Another few to add. Turnro's campaigns, Shards of Resistance (Although it's horribly glitched nowadays) and The Black Company.

8. phoenixfire

phoenixfire
    Where can I find this Wanderers of Sorceria campaign? It's not on the Hive when I search Maps.

9. clockwork2

clockwork2
    it isn't, i forgot the site name, but Whitewolf knows it. ask her(or him, i dunno).
    IMO it's a AMAZING map.

10. AntoMarc

AntoMarc
    Just type wanderers of sorceria on google, gosh.

11. Arcisal

Arcisal
    You can find it here.

12. TaShadan

TaShadan
    I like the Dwarven campaign the best
    The 2p Campaign is nice too

13. LucasMapurunga

LucasMapurunga
    I started playing customs maps with campaigns, and I grab almost every one that is uploaded in THW.

I'd nominate for the title Hoof of Honor, Black Company, TTBE, Lord of The Clans, Day of The Dragon...

But for me, the best of them and which I played the most is The Chosen Ones, without a doubt ! :thumbs_up:

14. clockwork2

clockwork2
    Wait Black Company? never heard of it.

15. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8
  16. sonofjay

sonofjay
  17. clockwork2

clockwork2
  18. phoenixfire

phoenixfire
    The Black Company campaign did a really good job of sticking to the book, even including direct quotes from it. It's definately one worth playing.

I must also add Wanderers of Sorceria to my list of favorites.

19. clockwork2

clockwork2
    It's a pretty awesome campaign WoS(Wanderers of Sorceria).

20. AntoMarc

AntoMarc
    I have a question.. could someone tell me some good campaigns that follow warcraft lore/story exactly? Imported models is a + . I've tried mostly 95% of the campaigns out there and I don't exactly remember which ones were good.