• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best ORPG Map

Favorite ORPG...?

• True Chaos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defi4nc3's

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • The Black Road

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Final Fantasy ORPG

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Forlorn RPG

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I've been into ORPG maps recently (I don't really know why...) and just thought it would be fun to get a poll of everyone's favorite ORPG out of all of the popular/good maps.
Personally, I like TBR because of its perfectly calibrated and superior crafting/itemdrop system, decent storyline, scripted boss fights and different system for learning spells.

Level 8
Why everyone is always talking about ORPG's? Why not basic RPG's? I think RPG's are much better because they have beginning and ending. ORPG's are just endless shit.

cuz people don't make basic rpgs anymore. most orpgs are crap except tkok which balances both story and gameplay with a custom interface.

Level 37
SantaBla said:
cuz people don't make basic rpgs anymore. most orpgs are crap except tkok which balances both story and gameplay with a custom interface.
I see your point. But I still think RPG's are better than ORPG's. Of course there is big difference if we are talking about online or single player. However, I have even created one multiplayer RPG(The Zre Diamond). That is not open of course. I think it's quite good for being short and RPG.

Reactions: ILH
Level 8
i think its uploaded on thw somewhere, try map development or maps section. That ORPG was full of win.

I tried it single player. I really liked the idea that you're evil in the game and you have to slaugher the "infidels".

I also loved the fact that they included cutscenes in-game. Something that most ORPGs don't bother with and on top of that, it's very newb friendly with the tutorials.

It's not as good as TKOK yet but it's definitely a very good start.

Here's my top 3 ORPGS yet.

1. The Kingdom of Kaliron Eastern Kingdom
2. Dark Invasion
3. Legacies: Tides of Serpent (I'm a bit disappointed with that one, but that game had a lot of potential to be a very solid map, unfortunately , no one's updating it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.