• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Barrens Oasis

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: blancfaye7
Stormshock Presents

Barrens Oasis

Created by Stormshock

Map Description:

Some time ago, this part of the Barrens was discovered on the world map. Scouts have reported a mineral rich area with peaceful creatures. But beware, they might not welcome your presence.

Features:
  • 4 Green Creep Camps
  • 8 Orange Creep Camps
  • 3 Red Creep Camps
  • 6 Gold Mines
  • 2 Way Gates
  • 2 Goblin Merchant
  • 1 Tavern
  • 1 Fountain of Health
Screenshots:

Image of the full map.

zHGbAQb.jpg

Image of the oases, which lies in the center of the map.

iew782x.jpg

Versions:

Upload date: June 17, 2016
Added:

• Added a power up item to the western Bandit camp.
  • Added a lot of trees in the middle of the map.
Changed:
  • Changed the item drop from the Storm Wyrm to a Level 6 (was 7) item.
  • Changed the item drop from the western Bandits to a Level 2 (was 1) and Level 4 (was 2) item.
  • Changed the item drop from the eastern Bandits to a Level 4 (was 3) item.
  • Changed the amount of gold from the middle 2 Gold Mines to 15000 (was 12500).
  • Changed the doodads at the border with trees (were stones).
  • Changed the name of the map to "Barrens Oasis" (was "Barrens Isle").
Removed:
  • Removed the Murloc camp just outside the North-East spawn point.
  • Removed the Lizard camp near the North-East spawn point.
  • Removed the Quilboar camp just outside the South-West spawn point.
  • Removed the Red Quilboar camp and Fountain of Mana just outside the North-East spawn point.
  • Removed the Bronze Dragon camp and Bronze Dragon Roost just outside the South-West spawn point.
  • Removed the Centaur camp near the South-West spawn point.
  • Removed the Lizard camp near the North-West Gold Mine.
  • Removed the Quilboar camp near the South-East Gold Mine.
  • Removed tho Harpy camps near the Middle Gold Mines.
  • Removed the middle trees near the start bases of both players.

Upload date: May 29, 2016
  • Uploaded the map.

Credits:

• Blizzard for making the "Warcraft III World Editor" program.
  • www.hiveworkshop.com for maintaining the website.

Author's note:

This is the first melee map that I have made. I hope you enjoy the map. If you have a comment, you can leave your message on this site.

Keywords:
Melee, Map, Barrens, Oasis, 1v1
Contents

Barrens Oasis (Map)

Reviews
Next Review: [2016-06-16] Rufus Moderation Note Notes: Basic melee requirements: The creep camps are balanced. The items the creep camps drop are balanced. -I like that you have specified mana/health potions and that there are artifacts...
Paillan
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM...

M

Next Review: [2016-06-16]
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Notes:
Basic melee requirements:

The creep camps are balanced.
The items the creep camps drop are balanced.
-I like that you have specified mana/health potions and that there are artifacts available at a hard creep camp.
No player has a positioning advantage.
Blue player have closer to a mana fountain. It is in a cramped area aswell, so the blue player can easily protect it, denying mana regen for the other player. The red one has the dragon roost close to it. Additionally, the camps in the middle aren't very symmetric, and gives slight advantages to the red player.
The gold expansions gold amount are balanced.
-12500 for an expansion is not very common, but acceptable.
Large open areas that allows battles to take place.

It isn't really an island, as the map name states. It is more of an oasis or something.

The terrain was generally pretty flat, and not very interesting to look at.
You could experiment further with the hiher/lower tool, aswell as place more doodads. The tile variation was decent.

You left the areas in the boudraries completely empty.
This is not very good, as it looks a bit strange.
I suggest you fill it with water, steep cliffs, or trees.

The map neds some work.
Status set to awaiting update.

Level 26
Next Review: [2016-06-16]
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Notes:
Basic melee requirements:

The creep camps are balanced.
The items the creep camps drop are balanced.
-I like that you have specified mana/health potions and that there are artifacts available at a hard creep camp.
No player has a positioning advantage.
Blue player have closer to a mana fountain. It is in a cramped area aswell, so the blue player can easily protect it, denying mana regen for the other player. The red one has the dragon roost close to it. Additionally, the camps in the middle aren't very symmetric, and gives slight advantages to the red player.
The gold expansions gold amount are balanced.
-12500 for an expansion is not very common, but acceptable.
Large open areas that allows battles to take place.

It isn't really an island, as the map name states. It is more of an oasis or something.

The terrain was generally pretty flat, and not very interesting to look at.
You could experiment further with the hiher/lower tool, aswell as place more doodads. The tile variation was decent.

You left the areas in the boudraries completely empty.
This is not very good, as it looks a bit strange.
I suggest you fill it with water, steep cliffs, or trees.

The map neds some work.
Status set to awaiting update.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

This is a decent start, but I have a few tips for you:

Each player should have access to the same type and amount of creep camps, which is not the case here. Try to avoid placing the creeps in the middle of the road. You should keep them on the sides, so the player doesn't run into them unintentionally.

The item drops are generally good, except for the Storm Wyrm at the top right corner, whose drop is overpowered. The bandits in mid-west and mid-east need higher level drops.

I recommend you to make the areas around the neutral buildings bigger. There's very little maneuvering near those camps. The player bases also need a lot more space. Removing the trees in the middle of the base camps should do the trick.

The thing you should also work on is the layout of the map. By the looks of it, you'd tried to do everything by hand. Use copy/paste mechanics in the Editor to mirror part of the map.

Level 19
5 - 4 - 2017 Moderation

No changes were made in more than 3 months which means that no changes are inteded to be made. Acording to rules, this implies that your map will now be classified as substandard. If you wish to revert this decision you can PM a map reviewer once you have updated the map.

Set to Substandard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!