1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

Barrage And Phoenix Fire

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Epix_Loot, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Epix_Loot

Epix_Loot
    I just found out that giving a Bronze Dragon the Barrage ability doesn't make it cough forked lightning when it attacks. (It still hits just one target)
    And I also can't make the "Battleships thing"* happen by giving a unit the phoenix fire ability.
    How do these things work?
    And now that we're at it, how do I make bouncing projectiles?

*With the "Battleships thing" I mean, that projectiles auto-launch from a unit, just in case you didn't get it the first time i said it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. jooster

jooster
    barrage is an ability, not a attack type, try editing the barrage ability how you like and giving that to your unit.

3. aznricepuff

aznricepuff
    Good tutorial on barrage-based stuff:

World-Editor Tutorials Site

As for the phoenix fire thing...it should work. Are you basing your ability off the 'Apxf' ability? Make sure your targets allowed, AOE and everything are correct. (Side note here that may or may not apply: the phoenix fire ability ignores any dependencies, so it will actually always be active, even if you set a dependency that is not met in-game)

To make bouncing attacks (I'm assuming you mean like with Huntresses), go to Unit editor, change weapon type to Missile (Bounce), edit the Maximum Number of Targets field to the number of units you want to hit (this is total number including the primary target, so setting it to 1 would make it behave as if there were no bounce), and edit the Damage Loss Factor to w/e you want the loss in damage to be every bounce.

4. Epix_Loot

Epix_Loot
    Hey, Thanks!
    I'll check it out when i get home :).