1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new Hive! Be advised that we're still working on the site. There are still many rough edges, so please bear with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 14th Icon Contest is still in progress (and may be extended). You can still make it in time.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 25th Texturing Contest has started! Contestants are to create a skin representing a dark elf person/being or any construct related to it using the vanilla models or the custom ones found on the site.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Voting squad, line up! Cast your vote on the poll for Modeling Contest #29 - Squads!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for the theme of our StarCraft II Terraining Contest is up. Cast your note now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice

Awaiting patch 1.5 and MLG Championship — SC2 action!

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Rui, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Rui

Rui

For those of you who enjoy watching e-sports occasionally but have not kept updated, the MLG Winter Championship is here. Without further detours, here is the MLG live page, from which you can watch great StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty action given to you by many of the best players on the world!

Patch 1.5 is being prepared for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.

Read everything here.

EDIT: And yes I know I'm late and this isn't too complete, but Archian had posted the Diablo III news and I didn't want to trample over it. Also, I'm in a hurry right now. :goblin_jawdrop:

2. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael
    Yay patch 1.5! :D Although you're a bit late.
    (oh and y u no remove signature)

3. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    Just needs /ignore command and more - whisper chat command, maybe Busy mode does that but still.

4. Darklycan51

Darklycan51
    finally good stuff in sc2 patch

5. Deolrin

Deolrin
    Wooo! Art Tools! :D

6. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    So is the lack of art tools what prevented someone from making some equivalent of war3 model editor?

7. Rui

Rui
    I don't know everything that could be done with Magos, but wasn't it mostly animation transference and simple model edits? To accomplish the dream of many of making an universal WarCraft medieval mod, we're going to need more than just simple model edits.

DRG(Z) vs Marineking(T) coming up on MLG!

8. Darklycan51

Darklycan51
    yeah but remember that after they release art tools most programers will start making programs like the art tools but more complex since they already got the basics.

9. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    fixed.

With magos you could do special effects, apply the correct texture if the model doesn't recognize that there should be a texture with it, but cannot do the whole mapping.

What is mostly lacking is ANY tool of ANY language that can export a model to M3 and again making sure its texture/s are with it. If the 3ds max M3 export/import plugin that currently can do a lot of things - attachments, set the textures, set team color - if that were done on a separate tool that would've had a point. So far I use 3ds max only in case I ever decide to export smth to sc2 and that is rare, for anyone who doesn't do all entirely on 3ds max, such tool is needed. What is really the problem is you cannot use anything since you can't export to M3, exporting is the main issue of all, I personally do things related to it almost never.

10. Miss_Foxy

Miss_Foxy
    It really sounds great, hehe Blizzard's making awesome progress lately!

11. andreasaspenberg

andreasaspenberg
    i hope that the patch gets to the european servers soon.

12. Statharas

Statharas
    new art tools, and more.

[​IMG]

13. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    Season 7 has started and:

Match-making to experience changes in Season 7

This is awesome! Instead of having the fixed win-loss ratio which so far was, example:
    BEFORE:
    make e.g 15 wins more, start matching next leaguers; lose some games, sorry no next leaguers until you reach exactly 15 wins again or even more if you delay too much. Yes - lose because some lamer did some all in and you're back to <15 wins. 13 or 14 wins more won't help you, should be the same difference of wins losses.

NOW:
    you lose from some lamer and instead of having to win X amount even after losing you match the higher leaguer, beat him, beat some other HIGHERS, the game ignores that you lost some lame game, you will still get promoted faster than the fixed '15 wins more' example.

Fck QQ whiners 'I'll lose more - play more not to lose...' this is a LADDER! Hope it stays.

Btw HotS multiplayer changes
    http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/news/19196-heart-of-the-swarm-multiplayer-update

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  14. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good
    Some release date for the patch would be good. Many people are starting to grow impatient.

15. Darklycan51

Darklycan51
    XD i check battle net every fcking day! xD, omg but really... we need a release date , i hope to see a life of a peasant and warcraft melee maps , even a dota like map that is understandable unlike sotis and those maps, in sc2 after patch.

16. skrab

skrab
    Same here. :ogre_rage:

17. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre
    Please, do not quote this image any more, it's horrible :( Also I do not see how it will change anything. In dem few years people may start doing stuff more, when the enlightenment hits them to realize they can do a lot more stuff than in older games, until then nothing.