1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The member Kam is making HIVE coasters. Take a look. For every coaster you buy, Hive gets $1.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Buy it, use it, break it, fix it, trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it. Join (Optionally) Paired Techtree Contest #11 - Techno Magic now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The ninth Concept Art Contest has launched. Enter now!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice

[April Fool's 2012] Math

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Magtheridon96, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Bribe

Bribe

Code Moderator

WC3 modding > SC2 modding. SC2 playing > WC3 playing. Modding > Playing. So WC3 overall > SC2 overall.

2. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96
    And this is extraordinarily impressive for a 10 year old game.
    At the very least, there are 650,000 players out there, and that's being extremely harsh.
    I saw 500,000 people on Garena just a few days ago (About 490,000 playing Wc3)

3. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    And 99 % of them played Dota :p

Oh and Bribe that's totally unfair to say that wc3 modding > sc2 modding, it's much much better in many ways.
    It's just different, sure for coders that's boring actually.
    For instance i'm the first to cry about the lacks of scripting features, like local blocks, and galaxy is even worse than jass in many points (excepted the number of natives available)

Anyway, i will buy sc2 and give it a try in few days.

4. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96
    I'm going to steal sc2 and try it out in a month :p

5. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    I've already played the campaign with a "limited" version, you know the one where you can't log to battle.net :thumbs_up:
    It's sad, but i'm getting bored of wc3 modding, even vJass with all these new fugly speedfreak standards kill the fun for me.
    Note, that i still won't let you win the legendary fight easily :ogre_hurrhurr:

Time to close this thread btw, no ?
    I personnaly don't care but coz of me and the others that's pretty much a flood topic, even if it was one since the begin :p

6. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96
    Yeah, I guess it's time to close this along with FastEfficientSpeedy :p

And about the speedfreak standards, well those are just some of our personal standards, not requirements :D

7. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    I know but many newbies follow them blindly, it's what it truly makes me sad.

8. Nestharus

Nestharus
    -Kobas- changed over to my systems and his map went from running at 20 FPS to running at 40 FPS.

maybe there is some merit to these standards

9. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    sometimes, not always.

10. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96
    And I implemented those systems for him :D
    Well, the only thing I'm not using for now is DamageModificationEffect :eek:
    I'll use it when it becomes faster D:

11. Bribe

Bribe

Code Moderator

I will get sc2 when I build my new computer either this year or next. But I don't plan to mod it for the same reason I don't want to build a program from scratch: the workspace is too open and not specific enough. I work better if I have to follow limited structure, like building legos instead of carving art out of wood.

12. Troll-Brain

Troll-Brain
    I don't get where "the workspace is too open and not specific enough", in SC2.

13. jim7777

jim7777
    Having a talk with Galaxy Editor seems fun
    Unfortunately, Blizzard made the Galaxy Editor fill in their missing jobs in Wc3's Editor like a native for local multiboards, custom UI and such..
    Plus, I already tried modding Sc2 since I have a free sc2 from beta (cool isn't?)

What I don't like is you still need to log-in your freaking BNet account just to open that Galaxy Editor.. Oh damn.. even though you may search google to avoid that annoying log in screen
    But in case of terrain, shading is awesome o.o

In triggers, well its just somewhat like JNGP wherein you may add things like LUA or something plus a more gui function.. still, to fill in the missing parts Blizzard missed in wc3 editor.

Well if you want your mod to be compatible with old PCs which have at least 512mb ram, 64mb internal video card, Pentium IV 2.44GHz CPU, Windows XP, use wc3

14. Adiktuz

Adiktuz
    Really? I can open my Galaxy editor without logging in...

I think he means that the SC2 editor is too huge unlike wc3's pretty compressed WE...

15. jim7777

jim7777
    Mine tends to login
    kinda sad isn't?

16. Adiktuz

Adiktuz
    yeah that's sad... though I haven't got much in the GE yet... so far I've only been able to make spells via following the super great tutorial here... XD...