1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
  3. We've created a new forum: Overwatch! Discuss gameplay strategies, team composition, lootboxes and much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The dust has finally settled for Hive's first joint Hero Contest. Come check out the results and comment on what you think should be a Neutral Tavern Hero!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The awesome entries of Mini-Mapping Contest #13 - Ghastly Realm are finished! Vote for your favorite here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Last squad standing! The results for Modeling Contest - Squad are out. Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results for the 4-way challenge is up! Congratulate the winner and take pity on the losers here!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

Anduin Lothar

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Sir Anduin Lothar, the Lion of Azeroth.

Took a bit longer than expected, but here he is. This is probably my best work so far, especially texture and animation wise, and I'm quite pleased with the overall result.

The filesize is a tad bigger than usual, but this guy also has more animations than my other models and I already pushed the texture quality as low as I'm comfortable with.

Please remember to test ingame before criticizing, as some things look better ingame than in any of the viewers.

Non-optimized texture.

Give credits if you use and enjoy ;)

UPDATE: Fixed a small bug in Stand Channel animation.

UPDATE 2: Optimized the filesize a bit by linearizing animations. Please report any animations issues you run into.
Contents

Anduin Lothar (Model)

1. paladinjst

paladinjst
    That's Really Great ~ and you had improved ur skills a lot . especially the animations .
    5/5 stars .

2. -Grendel

-Grendel
    this is just stunning, from the mesh, animations, texture, everything is absolutely great. i'm thinking right now, if blizzard put more effort in making the models, UV, textures and animations, this'll how it will look

3. PrinceOfThaWest

PrinceOfThaWest
    I apologize in advance, but... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!? Is this for Warcraft III? God damn man, I have no words... You killed it. The smoothness of animations, the way they work, the quality of model itself, the level of details... Dude, words are useless here... *bows before Tauer*

4. HerrDave

HerrDave
    WELL this looks like an instant-approval model :goblin_good_job:

Well done Tauer, your works never cease to amaze!

5. MOS_19D4GB4PL

MOS_19D4GB4PL
    This... is something I did not expect. It indeed feels like it does not belong to WC3. But for sure it works well and is amazing. Great job!

6. 7oda

7oda
    Blizz should hire you If they are going to make warcraft4 lol.

7. MogulKahn

MogulKahn
    Is your "Model Collection" thread still active? Because I am not getting notification for it?

8. BlackRangerXIII

BlackRangerXIII
    YAY!
    Now I can have it!

9. Sclammerz

Sclammerz
    Impressive. Great work here, sir.

10. Heinvers

Heinvers

2D Art Moderator

Amazing piece of art Tauer. A job well done man : )

11. Edge45

Edge45
    This should be a Director's Cut considering how awesome it is :D

12. Tauer

Tauer
    Thank you guys for the support, it is truly appreciated! You are all awesome :)

13. BlackRangerXIII

BlackRangerXIII
    @Tauer: I hope that you don't mind but I've made a small tweak to this model and renamed Lothar's "Attack - 5" Animation to "Attack Slam"

14. Stefan.K

Stefan.K
    Really great job, as always. I like the most spell animations, shield bash is very well made. The walk animations indeed looks like paladin's one from in game, that's a plus for me. :)

I think "Attack - 4" is far better for spells.

15. BlackRangerXIII

BlackRangerXIII
  16. Sxar

Sxar
    Simply awesome! It's Lothar in all his glory! 5/5 Tauer models ftw!

17. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    Absolutely fantastic, man. Just totally excellent in every way. I vote DC (as if we plebs get to vote, lawl).

18. MOS_19D4GB4PL

MOS_19D4GB4PL
    This one, I vote either! One does not see such quality often, it should be rewarded.

19. Freddyk

Freddyk
    This model is nearly perfect, very good job!

I just think there is too much shading on the team-colored parts though (black is too strongly contrasted), in my opinion you should reduce the contrast of alpha channel in this area.