1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. After a long wait, the results for Terraining Contest #18 are finally out! Drop by and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Concept Art Contest #9 is up! Cast your vote for your favourite entry!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hero Contest #8 is up and running! This time it's a joint contest between artists and coders. Go here for team matchmaking.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our first StarCraft contest, The Galaxy Terraining Contest #1 - World Wonders has started. Enter to show off your Galaxy Editor skills and win a custom rank icon among other things.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Ever wanted to get your sets ready for fast texturing while still having fun? Now it is possible with our newest Mini-Texturing Contest.
    The Skeleton Units need your dire help!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The poll for Techtree Contest #11 is up! Cast your vote for your favorite entry.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Take part in a Futuristic musical experience with our very own Music Contest. The 5th edition has finally arrived after a long time.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Dismiss Notice

ai editor help

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by danacm, Dec 27, 2011.

1. danacm

danacm
    Hy!

I working on a map, and i create a working custom malee ai, but i there are a problem.

When the ai expand a new mine, build a town hall, the ai upgrade that second town hall, not the original one, and start to build all the second tier buildings to build the expansion, not to the main base.

Can somebody help me, why is this happening?

Thanks!

2. mckill2009

mckill2009
    coz blizzard GUI ai's works like that, if you want ai to do what you want then trigger it but,
    it's very hard to do...

3. Mr.Foxy

Mr.Foxy
    NOTE: AI Editor only work on Meele map's!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want make AI on Costum map, you should create it using Trigger.

4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good
    JASS AI scripts can be used in non-melee maps, just they sometimes have limitied aplicability.

5. Mr.Foxy

Mr.Foxy
    Yes, i know, but, AI Editor can't set on Non-Melee map.

6. MajorKaza

MajorKaza
    They can be. I made some that works good enought for some modes, but its hard to do it by AI editor made by Blizzard 'couse of limmited AIs at the same time. My PC have trouble late game when I am reaching 10 of them. AI to custom mas just can't be tested by WC3 Editor.

If you want to fix that bug check positions of all structures on the AI list. If order AI to build 2nd stage town hall before getting new goldmine it will make it at 1st town.

You can order AI to build only in the 1st town but there is risk that AI will lock all free space and then can't do any. If you still want to do it just change the destination to #main town (originaly there should be "anywhere")

Look how it should made (red text is translation):
    [​IMG]

English editor would be realy nice... :/

Attached Files:

• AI.gif
      AI.gif
      File size:
      193.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011