• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

2 man Overseer kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'll post in this thread something about necro vs sorcerer because it seems to me sorcerer might be in a too big disadvantage to be worth it when necro is around.

Necro has his strong shield which can easily mean there is 1 less character to heal for a healer, so he can focus better on other teammates and possibly more to do dps as well. Sorc is fragile and has mirror shield and that teleport spell, but you still must play sorc with much more caution investing more time into dodging.

Necro has aoe dispel which is awesome while sorc is very unlikely to have that since aoe dispel talent is paired with water globes instant cast talent.

Necro has armor reducing spell also boosting damage of some teammates, sorc has -literes for a team. No clear winner here imo.

Necro has this amazing lvl 50 talent to restore crapload of mana for a whole team (and himself) in a huge radius allowing everyone to spam like a maniacs and never having mana issues (possibly), while sorc has mirror shield which is okay, but not that impressive help. Only question is, does anyone use that nec talent at all? Skeleton lvl 50 talents seem attractive, but upon my tests, those lvl 50 talents regarding higher dps of a skeletons are pretty irrelevant for dps output while this is godlike talent solving mana issues for a whole team.

Necro has splash, sorc will get splash I see, so won't compare this now.

Sorcerer has higher dps than a necro, however seeing just how much does necro offer for a team (effectively -1 to heal, mana restore talent, aoe dispel), I'm not sure does sorc, despite having higher dps when compared to necro alone, actually offers higher dps for a whole team together. Currently I see necro to be just a bit too good to pass (or to use sorc instead of him). As a random member of a team (tank, healer, whatever), I'd always prefer having nec in a team to having sorc. First one allows for a much more relaxed playing and gives much more benefit for a whole team while other is pretty much about being dps machine not offering much else for a team.

How do others feel about this comparison between these classes? Is sorc still somewhat juicy pick, or did necro take over completely with his advantages?

Level 2
He has roughly 20% more dps I believe, and that is assuming most ideal casting conditions where none of them has to ever move. Though realistic situations are not ideal and I don't know what is their comparison there. Would be cool if someone tested that. Somehow I think that you-have-to-move scenarios start to favor necro since perhaps he might be able to ignore some threats absorbing them with shield doing his dps work as usual while sorc will move not doing his dps, and necro also has his minions + curse to do damage when he is moving while sorc has elemental which perhaps might cover some loss of dps in that department, but only with lvl 50 talent. Overall, in realistic scenario I believe dps difference is easily below 20%, but test is the best for that. On a new bosses possibly.

If there will ever be any mana issues problem for a team from either too tanky boss or his mana drain abilities, I think necro might become THE character to have in a team also offering solid tank in himself to reduce mana consumption of his healer as well. I'm just trying to say that dps might not be that decisively relevant in the future if game ever takes that kind of a turn, especially since necro is very strong dps-er himself. Can he break 1k with buffs? Don't know, but pretty close I believe.

2 sorcs in a team, on the other hand, sound like a good amount of dps since they boost each other. :D

Perhaps I do underestimate importance of that extra dps since I'm used to necro relaxed playing style while doing strong dps too.

Last edited:

Ira

Ira

Level 4
my biggest problem with sorc always was that tanks couldnt hold aggro for shit. also i havent played in a while so that might have been changed

Level 2
That is a good thing actually, at least then -threat reduction stat means something. Or at a very least dps-er could control his damage output to allow tank to do his job (also good imo). It is a dps-er's job to do damage without aggroing everything on him and controlling the aggrometer. At least I feel like that.

Level 5
Well the few times I played, with 2 sorcs, we killed seer before the golem phrase, that is before Trinkets etc, now with banner , trinkets etc, nercos can do the same, kill seer in a group before golem phrase, Sorcs imo has 40% more extra dps, just go the semi hst and sp build with brisk hat, you will see 1k dps easily.

Level 2
I'd like to see someone do a real test to prove sorc has at least 20% more dps than nec in some real situation, let alone 40%. I challenge anyone to prove it with concrete numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.