• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What race/class would you like to see in the next expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
With BlizzCon just around the corner I thought this would be a good topic, so which race and/or class would you like to see in the upcoming WoW expansion?

I personally would like to see the Gorlocs join the Horde and the Wolvar join the Alliance they are already rivals so they're the perfect match. Blizzard could make a questline in Scholazar Basin where Vol'Jin has travelled to recruit races to rebuild the Horde and Jaina Proudmore has travelled to recruit races to secretly help her root out the Horde. Vol'Jin tries to apeal to the Wolvar first since he thinks they're more likely to join the Horde, however when he arrives the Wolvar are extremly hostile towards the Horde since Garrosh let so many proto-drakes die (Wolvars reveare proto-drakes.) So instead they join Jaina's cause since they want revenge, Jaina has at this point already recruited the Gorlocs of the Oracle tribe but eventully the Oracle finds out about her intention to spread warfare so the leader of Oracles, High-Oracle Soo-Say abandons the Alliance refusing to fight for such cause. Jaina being furious with the decision of Soo-Say imprisons him and any other Gorloc she can find so you as the Gorloc player get help by Vol'Jin to free as many Gorlocs as you can and High-Oracle Soo-Say.

Level 24
If the next expansion is the Dark Below, I expect Jinyu the will leave Pandaria for the Alliance and Hozen for Horde but replace with Gorlocs if they cannot swim. If Rise of the Legion, Arakkoa since they live in Outland for Alliance and Ogres for Horde.

The Jinyu, the Hozen and the ogres deffinetly are good candidates since they all ready have joined one of the factions but I doubt the Arakkoa will join the alliance since we do not even know if the Burning Legion will attack Dreanor.

I would not like to see a new class. Blizz did decently well with monks, but I'm always nervous about the thought of another class. I still have nightmares from when DK's were released:
attachment.php

The sad thing about that is: no, it is not a private server. And at the time, DK's had 100% mounts whereas all other classes had 60% mounts (in the 50-60's bracket). Blizzard was probably cackling maniacally when they made dk's.

I'd much rather get a new race (or I'd be fine with nothing at all, just new content). Jinyu and hozen seem pretty viable, but I personally would not be too excited about them. Jinyu are cool and all, but I never really took well to the races that weren't in Warcraft I to III (e.g. Worgen, albeit I love Gilneas).

I'd enjoy hozen for the lulz-factor. Probably not much beyond that. :p

Ogres would literally be awesome, although I wonder how they would incorporate females (if they do at all?). According to wowwiki, they have been mentioned but were never seen, aside from the hallow's end mask. It would be pretty cool, I just hope that they retain the overall ogre's masculinity.

Kvaldir would be cool. They don't really take sides, but they do have reason to hate the naga (if next expansion is the Dark Below). Plus they're cool. And they're awesome. And cool...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.49.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 11.49.29 PM.png
    581 KB · Views: 232
Level 14
I really believe we are going with high-elves for the alliance.

Before the release of MoP Blizz stated that Alleria and Turalyon will play MAJOR parts in the following expansion. Of course, this might've changed, but I doubt it, as every tiny bit of the story, especially Wrathion, leads us to the Twisting Nether.

Also, Dalaran is now sided with the Alliance, and is acting as a capital for the high-elves, so I do believe we'll be experiencing a new starting zone focused around Dalaran.

Of course, that is not to say that Dalaran would not remain neutral and present in Northrend. Don't forget that Northrend is somewhat "stuck" in WotLK, so I see no problem with Dalaran changing location (now that we've dealt with Malygos), or just an instanced, phasing starting zone back in time before the Scourge laid waste on Dalaran (much like Gilneas or DK starting zone).

With that said, I have no idea what will the new Horde race be. If my prediction is right, then I believe Ogres are the most plausible choice for Horde.

Level 24
I really believe we are going with high-elves for the alliance.

Before the release of MoP Blizz stated that Alleria and Turalyon will play MAJOR parts in the following expansion. Of course, this might've changed, but I doubt it, as every tiny bit of the story, especially Wrathion, leads us to the Twisting Nether.

Also, Dalaran is now sided with the Alliance, and is acting as a capital for the high-elves, so I do believe we'll be experiencing a new starting zone focused around Dalaran.

Your theory is that Alleria would simply join the Alliance without a second thought which I see as highly unlikely, it was because of the memory of Alleria that Sylvanas was starting to become her old self again so they will probebly work on a story between Alleria and Sylvanas. Second of all I also doubt she would come back and just go on a blood elf killing rampage since she yet do not know what events has transpired.

Level 24
I've never said that she'll go on a BE killing rampage. I actually think that BE's will reunite with high-elves, at least lore-wise.

I doubt Blizzard will do both races playeble since the only ones who are actually going to care are the lore fans and why would they make a race that only would appeal to lore fans when they can make one that appeals to everyone like murlocs or nagas?

Races sure why not I don't really care which though just as long as their decent.

They really need to reduce the classes though I feel like they've completely ruined the uniqueness of each race by coming up with ridiculous excuses to make people that want an orc paladin possible, not yet but believe you me they're going to try it. So I say return to the good old lore days when the races were actually unique and had a particular feel to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.