• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What the hell did Blizzard do to the original concepts of the Orcish Horde?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I mean what the hell! Have you seen the new models? I have to say I was impressed at first with the new Grom Hellscream, but when I saw Blackhand and the others? Damnnnnn I was shocked xD Blackhand looked like an Iron Man with an Ogre's head! And while the Hellscream thing was awesome, he looked nothing like his old self. Well somewhat, he looked like his Warcraft 2 counterpart.
Comparison:
HeroGromHellscreamWC2.gif

WarCraft_Raneman021c.jpg

199714-albums7544-picture87879.png

See what I mean? I guess plastic surgery is around in the Warcraft universe. They never keep a permanent look. A perfect example of this is what they did to Thrall.
Comparison:
box610.jpg

Thrall-wow.jpg

Thrall_at_Gallywix_Docks.jpg

ThrallStraightBack.jpg

ThrallShotCaller.jpg

Please comment what you think below xD

Level 17
yes grom has the same look throughout all the content, because he is a major character that everyone knows. characters like blackhand have really not existed in the game so that gives bliz some creative freedom although not a lot. i think that blizzard should stay away from creativity and stick to its old content tho, maybe just visual wise

Level 12
Nahh not only that. His voice is nowhere similar to what they described the high-pitched bone-chilling voice he once had. His voice fits more with Blackhand rather than Hellscream. They should give him a voice similar to Garrosh's or close enough to resemble his voice in Warcraft 3. Like Thrall for example, even though they changed voice actors with different interpretations of his voice, his voice still has the same vibe he had since the release of Warcraft 3.

And lorewise, they were at the wrong location when Grom refused to drink the demonic blood. They were supposed to be at the Temple of Karabor's courtyard and the it was supposed to be a pool, not some bucket in the middle of the Tanaan Jungle but I guess they're not wrong about it since it's an alternate timeline after all.

Level 25
And lorewise, they were at the wrong location when Grom refused to drink the demonic blood. They were supposed to be at the Temple of Karabor's courtyard and the it was supposed to be a pool, not some bucket in the middle of the Tanaan Jungle but I guess they're not wrong about it since it's an alternate timeline after all.

The orcs originally drank the blood of Mannoroth atop the mountain known as the Throne of Kil'jaeden, which was located in, what would then have been, Tanaan Jungle. I'm guessing this is where the cinematic takes place too.

Also, I'm pretty sure "Monkey Thrall" never made it to the live servers (and if he did, his model was updated very quickly). Nonetheless, that particular look of his shouldn't be considered canon.

Level 12
The orcs originally drank the blood of Mannoroth atop the mountain known as the Throne of Kil'jaeden, which was located in, what would then have been, Tanaan Jungle. I'm guessing this is where the cinematic takes place too.

Well I guess Blizzard did it yet again! xD screwed up some lore. It states on the WoWwiki site that they drank it on the Throne of Kil'jaeden but in the Rise of the Horde novel, it's stated there that it was done on the Temple of Karabor's courtyard pool.

Level 25
Kairoz said:
I've spent my life studying the timeways. If you try to count and compare blades of grass, you'll drive yourself mad, he had said. My plans require a few… favorable conditions, and we'll find them here. This is the perfect timeway for us. Not a perfect mirror image, but perfect nonetheless.

I knew it! Kairoz said that the WoD Draenor is not a perfect copy of the original, so if there are lore changes, it may be because of him. And Temple of Karabor's courtyard pool may not be a suitable place for them in this timeline.

Bunny, Blame them both.

Level 12
Oh right, I forgot about that. Just like when Thrall was trapped inside different timeways where Taretha and Blackmoore were alive. And I also completely ignored that the Infinite Dragonflight was messing around with the timeways but the weird thing is, how can they make portals to a past Draenor when they were based and created on Azeroth? o_O

And how did they merge the Draenor portal and the modern Azeroth portal together? Don't they need mages and warlocks and some kind of Bronze/Infinite Dragon on the other side to be able to do that? It doesn't seem possible for the Dragonmaw to do it since the Alliance and the Horde are guarding the Dark Portal.

Level 25
Oh right, I forgot about that. Just like when Thrall was trapped inside different timeways where Taretha and Blackmoore were alive. And I also completely ignored that the Infinite Dragonflight was messing around with the timeways but the weird thing is, how can they make portals to a past Draenor when they were based and created on Azeroth? o_O

And how did they merge the Draenor portal and the modern Azeroth portal together? Don't they need mages and warlocks and some kind of Bronze/Infinite Dragon on the other side to be able to do that? It doesn't seem possible for the Dragonmaw to do it since the Alliance and the Horde are guarding the Dark Portal.

Kairoz used the Vision of Time to teleport himself and Garrosh to Draenor in War Crimes, and in doing so shattered the Vision. In the short story Hellscream we learn that Kairoz brought a shard of the Vision with them to Draenor, and since it's connected to the remaining shards on Azeroth, it serves as the link between the two worlds/dimensions. Also, the Iron Horde captures Gul'dan and they use his magic to fuel the portal.
How they got to Draenor to begin with, I'm not sure, but the Vision of Time was a pretty powerful artifact.

Oh, and yeah, the Dark Portal will lead to Draenor.

Status
Not open for further replies.