• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warlords of Draenor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The 5th expansion of WoW is revealed to be Warlords of Draenor or WoD! It was officially announced on Friday 8th November at BlizzCon 2013.

Logo:
WarlordsofDraenorLogo_Shadow.png

World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor: What's Next?:

The story I that has been revealed so far is basiclly that Garrosh has been put in prison to answer for his crimes but before his trials can take place he's teleported out of danger by a time travelling friend Kairoz. Garrosh is disgusted by the current Horde and he wants to make the Horde into his image of the perfect Horde so he is taken back in time to stop the orcs from becoming corrupted so he is taken back to the time just before the orc chieftains accepts the blood of Mannoroth and he in turn creates the Iron Horde with goblin engineering from the present as we know it to create a unstoppable force, but he still is planning on opening the Dark Portal. The expansion is mainly going to take place in old Draenor and both factions have their own capital the Alliance have Karabor which is in Shadowmoon Valley and the holy draenei temple many today knows as the Black Temple, the Horde on the other side has Bladespire Citadel as their capital and are helping the Frostwolf Clan in their struggles. There is also the city of Talador which is the capital of the Arakkoa before they were corrupted. At this point in time there really are no dominant power although the strongest empire at the time is the Ogre Empire which at this point is at the height of their power just before they're taken down in the timeline as we know it today. There is also the large island of Feralon which today is know as Netherstorm this is a zone that will not be active during launch but is going to play a large role later on. There's also going to be a lot of interraction Between Thrall and Durotan and his other family members and even some we don't know today as hinted by Chris Metzen.

There are is a large veriaty of orc clanns first of all we ofcourse have the Frostwolf Clan as the Horde is going to see a lot. We also have the Shattered hand clan which is led by Kargath who brought his people to freedom by braking free from their Ogre slavers. After this many orcs of the Shatter Hand Clan decided to cut of their own hand to replace it with a metal blade. The Bleeding Hollow Clan is a shamanistic clan and their members carve out one of their eyes to see ffutures of their own deaths. The Blackrock Clan is also a large clan at this point of time, it's lead by Blackhand and is considered to be the backbone of the Iron Horde, Blackhand at this point is a very honest and honoreble orc and the Blackrock Clan is mostly built up of smiths. The Shadowmoon Clan is another Clan that at this point is lead by Ner'Zhul and this a very shamanistic tribe that also happens to live in the same lands as the Draeneis so much tension can be expected there. The Warsong Clan is another probably one of the most well known clans that is lead by Grommash Hellscream that lives in Nagrand at this point and it's hinted by Chris that this clan is not going to be heroes in this expansion.

We will see a few returning and also new creatures in this expansion such as the Gronn who at this point mostly are servants of the Iron Horde. We got the Ogres which are told to be a lot bigger and stronger than the ogres we know today whom at this point also has the largest empire on Draenor. The Saberon is a new feline sapien race that can be found all over Draenor, why they went extinct is unknown. We got the dragonfly which mostly will serve as mounts and the Chimera which nothing is known about other than its appearence.

We will also see new Zones, those are, Gorgrond that is a region filled by steam vents and is the native home of the Blackrock Clan. Talador which is today more known as the zone of Terokkar Forest and much as the name suggest it's a forest where the funeral sight of the Draenei can be found. Next patch will feature an event where we realise that something is wrong so we are sent on a suicide mission into the Dark Portal where the Horde finds the zone Frostfire Ridge which is a snowy fields covered with giant rocks and volcanic activities and you as a Horde character go there to stop the Frostwold Clan from joining the Iron Horde and your mission is to recapture Frostfire Fortress. The Alliance on the other hand goes to Shadowmoon Valley and try to help the Draenei protect and save Karabor which once again is the holy temple now known as the Black Temple and they ofcourse receive alot of problem from the Shadowmoon Clan which is lead by Ner'Zhul. Shadowmoon Valey is in this period not the descolate hell hole that we know today but rather a forest where there's always night.

There will also be new character models and so far we've seen the new Dwarf, Orc and Gnome models. We get to see them with much more advanced emotes and we get to see teeth and tounges and hair that sways appropriatly with the actions.

Blizzard also announced that they would feature the ability to build a base on Draenor known as Garissons, these Garrisons will work as the housing system of WoW, or atleast that's what Blizzard says. Other players will be allowed to be invited in to your houses and you can even trade recources with each others. You will be allowed to collect followers and send them on missions for you and they will have offline progress so if you logg out they will keep doing your dirty work, you will be allowed to build your Garrison at many zones depending on where you'd like to have it and it will be intergrated to the world so it wount be any loading screens and it wount be in any distant zone far far awey. So what can you get from the housing system? What anyone would want, epic loot. And to actually get there you need to gear up your companions by sending them out on objectives like quests or scenarious, you will also need to level up all of your companions from 90 to 100. You will also be allowed to acces limited proffesion advantages from proffesion you have not learned you can for example build a mine in your garrison and send one of your companions to mine for resources. Building will also offer unique benefits that may affect you only inside the garrison or in the outside world, one example that was given on outside was being allowed to ressurect a friend x times a day. Every individual building will have three tiers and you will be allowed to rank them up and once you reach rank three with them you will be allowed to choose a unique way that this building will affect you and your garrison. You will also have a lot of interactions with your compansions it was discussed wheter or not they would work as reputations but nothing is set in stone. You will also be given trophies and Monuments that can be obtained through eiter Achievements or killing rare mobs throughout Draenor. You can also decide where you want to place a building in your garrison so your garrison is as modified to your liking as possible. There will also be separate appearences between the Horde and Alliance garrisons so yours will never look the same as that of the opposing faction. You can also change the name of your companions so if you'd like your companion could be called Sir Scratch and Sniff, the companions will also all have different abilities and traits to match up the situation you'd need them in. By unlocking sertain building you can also unlock special missions such as rescue missions.

One of the buildings that were brought up as an example was the inn that would supply you with cooking aid and would allow you to pick out companions to your liking, maybe healers, tanks or dps's.

Inventory updates is also something Blizzard will be betting big in the next expansion for starters they will give account wide acces to heirlooms so you don't need to worry which character has what, once you've bought a heirloom everyone can acces it, possibly this will also be included for tabards. Blizzard also fealt that creating larger bages did not really help anyone when it came to sorting the bags so they will do that for you by sorting by allowing you to simply tell the game that you want gear in bag a, consumebles in bag b and newly obtained items in bag c. And guess what, quest items will no longer take up bag space. You will also be able to select favorite mounts pets and other account wide items so you will be given the opertunity to summon a random favorite mount. You will also be able to craft with materials you have in the banks and stack sizes for most crafting materials will also be increased.

Blizzard will also introduce a new system called the Adventure Guide that will help players and give suggestion of what to do wthat is speciallised to their roll, class and proffesion(s).

For PvE we have 7 new dungeons 4 which are used for leveling and 3 which is for max leveled characters, Blizzard will also be reintroducing the old concept of heroic dungeons making them alot harder than those of MoP and WotLK. With all this about Draenor and the orcs Blizzard also though it would be perfect to introduce remade Blackrock Spire, other dungeons will be included such as Bloodmaul Slag Mines, Blackrock Foundry, Auchidoun, Arakkoa Spires, Shadowmoon Burial Grounds and Iron Barracks. There will also be two raids, Highmaul which wil be an Ogre raid with 6 bosses and Blackrock Foundry which is an orc raid with 10 bosses. The next expansion will also include new world bosses, adaptation of Flexible into RF, Normal, Heroic and the new super hard difficulty Mythic.

For PvP we have a new world PvP zone, Ashran which will be located in the sea to the east of the Dark Portal which wont serve as a resemblance to Wintergrasp but rather old AV, battles that seemed to have almost no end, they will also use cross realm servers to bring balance to the Horde - Alliance unbalence in population. You will also in this BG be able to build and upgrade a vechile that you might spend two days building to bring chaos upon your enemies. There will also be UI improvements so you now can see for example the capture timer on bases in Arathi Basin. Also one thing that will be introduced is BG score something that has been requested for a long time so that players can see their score compared to others, in this score everything is supposed to be calculated into the final score. BG rewards is also something that will be included so you have the chance of winning honour, gear or something else at the end of the BG if you're lucky and weekly quests will also be included so you may upgrade pvp gear do you have the desire too. Then we also have the Trial of the Gladiator which is a new kind of arena ladder where you are immediatly rewarded all the gear you could want and are pited against other players where only skill matters.

New Features includes:
-New continent of Draenor (7 zones, 1 PvP zone)
-Build and upgrade your Garrison
-A level 90 character upgrade—play immediately!
-New player character models
-6 new Dungeons and 2 new Raids
-Heroic versions of 2 classic Dungeons
-New Challenge modes
-New Battlegrounds and World Bosses
-New Normal and Heroic Scenarios
-Level cap raised to 100
-New class talents and permanent ability bonuses
-Refined quest system with hundreds of new quests
-More!

New Zones:
-Frostfire Ridge
-Gorgrond
-Tanaan Jungle
-Shadowmoon Valley
-Spires of Arak
-Nagrand
-Talador
-Zangar Sea
New Capital Cities
-Karabor City
-Bladefire Citadel

Announcment Trailer:

Story:
Following the events of Siege of Orgrimmar, Garrosh Hellscream was imprisoned to be tried in Pandaria. Before the trial can conclude, aided by an ally who can manipulate the timelines, Garrosh escapes to Draenor of the past, and prevents the orcs from ever drinking the blood of Mannoroth, creating an untainted Iron Horde under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream.

I'm excited(even I don't play WoW). The Warlords(Kargath, Blackhand, Kilrogg, Ner’zhu, Gul’dan, Grommash and Durotan) are cool, I might make models for them. I hate Garrosh Escaped! You can discuss all about Warlords of Draenor Here.

Credits to Razosh and EloTheMan

Last edited:
Level 11
You forgot the announcment trailer

I'm actually interested in going back to WoW now, considering that Blizzard went out and said that they would stop releasing expansions after level 100 is reached so they can focus on their other MMO-project(s).
:goblin_good_job:

Level 25
Well that's specific, :D I can name pleanty of features you've missed, did you just copy paste this from the site made by Blizzard? This mostly seem like verry less detailed post than the one I put up Official BlizzCon 2013 discussion thread.

Anyhow I don't want to sound too negative I don't think it's bad that you put up this thread.

Thanks for that friend. I'll make it more detailed and you can tell me the things I should add. This is about WoD not the BlizzCon. Anyways Razosh, have you ever experienced attending BlizzCon?

Level 24
Since I live in Sweden it's rather difficult to be there in person I was attending through virtual ticket back in 2011 and also now in 2013, and all the information of what you will see from the next expansion can be found here! ;)

Level 14
@ElotheMan - I'm pretty sure they just said they have more expansions planned.

Looks like an interesting expansion.

Level 11
@Edhel-dur

They said it back when Cata was announced
We do not plan to make expansions after the level cap has reached 100 in the game, to make room for all the planned expansions we are now going to add 5 levels per expansion and then move on to other projects.

But after seeing that it can still be milked on money I'm not surprised that they changed their mind...

If they lowered their monthly fee by 2/3 they would most likely get the same amount of players back playing again.

Level 24
@Edhel-dur

They said it back when Cata was announced

But after seeing that it can still be milked on money I'm not surprised that they changed their mind...
Ofcourse they changed their mind, they make money on it because people want to play more and explore the story, to throw something away when millions want to follow the story would be a great injustice to the fans.

If they lowered their monthly fee by 2/3 they would most likely get the same amount of players back playing again.

They have actually discussed making the game FTP, hopefully this will be implemented soon, the fear I have is that they will wait too long and that when they make the game FTP that to few people are interested in the game.

Level 11
They have actually discussed making the game FTP, hopefully this will be implemented soon, the fear I have is that they will wait too long and that when they make the game FTP that to few people are interested in the game.

They will probably make it FTP when the subscribers drop below 100k or after the last expansion and patch has been released.

I'd be satisfied with a once per game PTP model like Guild Wars and Battlefield uses, keeps their funds up for quality content while still being decently affordable.

Ohh well, Elder Scrolls online will come out soon and hopefully it will be better than the other big attempts to succeed WoW, I'm still interested in going back but I really dont feel like its worth my money and time at the moment.

Level 14
@EloTheMan - they stated that they have expansions "lined up".

To be honest I genuinely like the gameplay changes which are coming. Also the story/lore looks cool. I really like the idea of going back in past more. And I really felt like Draenei were some major filler race in terms of story since BC. You hardly know anything about Velen. There are no other pro-eminent Draenei characters in the game as well. And they also promised to space shuttles which is one of the things which I hated.

Level 24
@EloTheMan - they stated that they have expansions "lined up".

To be honest I genuinely like the gameplay changes which are coming. Also the story/lore looks cool. I really like the idea of going back in past more. And I really felt like Draenei were some major filler race in terms of story since BC. You hardly know anything about Velen. There are no other pro-eminent Draenei characters in the game as well. And they also promised to space shuttles which is one of the things which I hated.
Agreed that we all want to see more of Velen however what I'm most interested about is not him but rather the Naaru. In the original timeline when the orcs invaded the Naaru told Velen to take his people on his space ship and get the hell away from Draenor however in this timeline Velen is in the vanguard of the draenei forces fighting to hold controll of his sacred temple this means that either the Naaru has been kidnapped by the orcs or suffer some other fate and Velen is trying to free them or the more likelly theory is that they have sensed that something is f***ed up with the timeline and instead of telling Velen to leave tell him to hold his ground.

Level 14
Agreed that we all want to see more of Velen however what I'm most interested about is not him but rather the Naaru. In the original timeline when the orcs invaded the Naaru told Velen to take his people on his space ship and get the hell away from Draenor however in this timeline Velen is in the vanguard of the draenei forces fighting to hold controll of his sacred temple this means that either the Naaru has been kidnapped by the orcs or suffer some other fate and Velen is trying to free them or the more likelly theory is that they have sensed that something is f***ed up with the timeline and instead of telling Velen to leave tell him to hold his ground.

The Naaru came later. I don't remember exactly but the general story is that Khadgar reached into the far beyond and found the Naaru when he was in Outland, after the events of Wc2.

I know the Draenei had ties with the Naaru before Wc2, but the Naaru had no presence on Outland until Burning Crusade.

Level 11
I don't understand. In this expansion, we 'go to the past' to stop the Iron Horde (I think is that the name) to dominate Draenor and build the dark portal and invade Azeroth. BUT if this happend, the orcs will not invade our world, the Arathor Kingdon (today: kingdon of Stromwind) will NEVER fall (just like happend in the First War), will be not a Lich King (Nerzhul will die in Draenor), Orgrimmar will not exist (obviosly), the Tauren will be killed by the Centaur (play Warcraft lll: Reing of Chaos to now why), the trolls will also die in the Eastern Kingdons, the kingdons of Qhel'talas, Dalaran and Lordaeron stil will be ruled by humans (and a High Elf) and a lot of others things...
So, the Iron Horde MUST invade Azeroth.

*sorry about my english*

Level 25
I don't understand. In this expansion, we 'go to the past' to stop the Iron Horde (I think is that the name) to dominate Draenor and build the dark portal and invade Azeroth. BUT if this happend, the orcs will not invade our world, the Arathor Kingdon (today: kingdon of Stromwind) will NEVER fall (just like happend in the First War), will be not a Lich King (Nerzhul will die in Draenor), Orgrimmar will not exist (obviosly), the Tauren will be killed by the Centaur (play Warcraft lll: Reing of Chaos to now why), the trolls will also die in the Eastern Kingdons, the kingdons of Qhel'talas, Dalaran and Lordaeron stil will be ruled by humans (and a High Elf) and a lot of others things...
So, the Iron Horde MUST invade Azeroth.

*sorry about my english*

It's an alternate reality. The present will not be affected.

Level 24
It's an alternate reality. The present will not be affected.

To explain it more in depth Kairoz breaks Garrosh free and takes him back in time into an alternate reality two years before the orcs drink of Mannoroths blood with all the goblin engineering of the present to create the Iron Horde that somehow have enslaved the Gronn to serve in their army. He then uses this army to invade our present Azeroth, no doubt his own fate would suffer if he changed the past and I believe Kairoz know this even though Garrosh do not.

Level 11
To explain it more in depth Kairoz breaks Garrosh free and takes him back in time into an alternate reality two years before the orcs drink of Mannoroths blood with all the goblin engineering of the present to create the Iron Horde that somehow have enslaved the Gronn to serve in their army. He then uses this army to invade our present Azeroth, no doubt his own fate would suffer if he changed the past and I believe Kairoz know this even though Garrosh do not.

That explains it. Thank You! :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

*sorry about my english*

To explain it more in depth Kairoz breaks Garrosh free and takes him back in time into an alternate reality two years before the orcs drink of Mannoroths blood with all the goblin engineering of the present to create the Iron Horde that somehow have enslaved the Gronn to serve in their army. He then uses this army to invade our present Azeroth
Interesting! But what does Kairoz hope to achieve? DOes he want to become the time aspect, a god, what's in it for him?

Level 24
Interesting! But what does Kairoz hope to achieve? DOes he want to become the time aspect, a god, what's in it for him?

Only Blizzard knows for sure but there are a few theories, he might try to restore the powers of the bronz dragonflight, he might want to start the infinite dragonflight or maybe he has seen some alternetive future and believes that Garrosh is the one who can stop doom.

Level 9
(I didn't read all of the discussion) But I personally hate all the people who got mad about the new character models I personally think they are great! I play an undead warlock, and now the undead can have facial expression! And the gnomes xD omg i might just role one now :p

The argument of it will take away from the original warcraft feel is a weak and stupid argument :p

maxresdefault.jpg
search
search

Level 9
I think people are a little harsh, but the mechanics that the Pandaren race had was a huge improvement, and i feel like some people disagree just because of the hate of the race... which is another thing... How exactly did the Pandaren ruin wow? They were in Warcraft III as a joke, that was later implemented into the real game... I see no harm there.

Level 24
How exactly did the Pandaren ruin wow? They were in Warcraft III as a joke, that was later implemented into the real game... I see no harm there.

Some people simply are looking for reasons to hate WoW without knowing what they're debating.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I can live with pandas ingame aslong as the gameplay is still good. But since we are in panda land there are no villian that is motivating enough for me to start raiding again. I mean EVERYONE wanted to kill Arthas and EVERYONE wanted to kill illidan. But who the fuck wants to kill sha of fear or some odd bug race queen? No one of my 6 friends who play WoW with me atleast.

Level 9
Reasons I dont want pandas in WoW:
1. this is not my little pony so no cute pandas in WoW ty
2. does not fit into lore (sure there was 1 panda in wc3 but that does not mean 10000 pandas should appear ingame)
3. brings a non fitting enviroment to WoW (pandria is the worst continent ever made)

Let me bring some points to your attention :grin:

1. My little pony IS NOT pandas that is a lame comparison please try a more realistic idea if that is your argument... And a cute race? Riddle me this... Gnomes.

2. Every race is based off a culture... (Trolls = Jamaica) (Dreanei = India) (Worgen = London) ect. Why is China excluded from that? Because they got their own island!? Also, trust me... the Lore behind Pandaren has been open ended from Warcraft III, that ONE had to have come from somewhere?! or was he just a very fuzzy orc?

3. Granted some of the creatures were odd... but I feel like the entire continent itself was a beautiful place! I think that our old character models did not fit in and that is what took from the wow feel, good thing WoD is changing that eh?

Those are my counter-points although if I sounded mean it wasn't meant to be this is just MY opinion after all :ogre_hurrhurr:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
1. so what? look at the female panda. Say what you want it does not fit into a war game.

PandarenFemaleKid.jpeg

7ZGQA.png

2. I got nothing against china but it does not fit. Compare northrend to pandaria or outland with pandaria. 50% of pandaria is a dreamland with ponnies and lovely rabbits. (sounds rude but thats how I see it)

3. its beautiful indeed and that is the whole problem. TBC was the best expansion by popular vote, did you see and beautiful places there? Nagrand was the only one, everything else was corrupted and/or destroyed. In pandara we got jade forest, valley of the four vinds, kun lai summit, vale of eternal blossoms (pre 5.4), towlong steps

hopefully I didnt sound too rude in this post..

Level 9
1. so what? look at the female panda. Say that you want it does not fit into a war game.

PandarenFemaleKid.jpeg

7ZGQA.png

2. I got nothing against china but it does not fit. Compare northrend to pandaria or outland with pandaria. 50% of pandaria is a dreamland with ponnies and lovely rabbits. (sounds rude but thats how I see it)

3. its beautiful indeed and that is the whole problem. TBC was the best expansion by popular vote, did you see and beautiful places there? Nagrand was the only one everything else was corrupted and/or destroyed. In pandara we got jade forest, valley of the four vinds, kun lai summit, vale of eternal blossoms (pre 5.4), towlong steps

1. Personally, Yes, I think that fits in just as well as
ku-xlarge.jpg

I also noticed you took a picture of a child... wut? They are not the playable model nor' are they relevant...
219049-albums7070-picture78793.png

Hope this makes my point... And the female panda face... OMG a race that isn't based on sexual appeal!? Whatever shall we do!?

2/3. So... because it wasn't a barren waste land, it wasn't good? Personally I liked the idea of WARcraft trying to focus on peace for once, they took the peaceful place and brought war to it, in turn, bringing a very beautiful place to ruin, I think it was great! It was a mini-cataclysm without some half-done dragon trying to do it, but the players! Also, not the only reason I like this expansion but, it kicked Garrosh out of power, that's good enough to make this expansion one of my favs
:p

EDIT: I should add on here xD Chaosy you're not being rude at all, hopefully i'm not either! I'm actually enjoying hearing the other side of this debate and I'm still a big fan :grin: don't take this the wrong way :wink:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
1. I guess the child image was wrongly placed. But as I said in one of my others posts I can live with the panda race, its the whole continent pandaria I dislike.

2. Yes if it isnt a battle field I dont think it should be in a game like WoW. By all means alliance and horde can work together against a common foe no problem. But I dont want to fight in a dreamland it ruins the whole feeling of actually fighting someone.
If they would put the lore here and transfer it to northrend it would be much better in my opinion. The lore in pandaria epic its clear the Blizzard spent time on it, its by far the most lore rich expantion. But as I said the enviroment ruins it.

@deathwing
Even tho deathwing was kinda lame Cataclysm was one of the best expantions if you ask me. The PvP was awesome and the first 3 raids were pretty epic. Sadly dragon soul ruined it.

@gnomes
and why do you think its the least played race? :p

Level 24
everything pre 5.4 was shit tbh. (fine ToT was ok)

I did basicly log in to test the new patches and then got dissapointed and went waiting for the next patch :p

I personally loved 5.1 since there was a lot of dailies with personal progression but when they added 5.2 where there where realm progression I got disappointed since my effort didn't mean sh!t.

Level 24
Ahem. Apart from this it would be nice to see more of Grom Hellscream before his corruption by Mannoroth. We will see how that turn out.

Blizzard did say that Garrosh and Thrall would meet their parents and that they may not be as they would've expected them to be. Chris Metzen even said "Were they honorable because they thought it was the right thing or because they had to?"

Level 21
seems that i will need to buy a new pc before that expansion is released. there could be more expansions later though. world of warcraft is free to play up to level 20 so perhaps that cap will be increased. one question however is what happens to the capitals. another question is if they will add more playable races.

Level 24
one question however is what happens to the capitals. another question is if they will add more playable races.

Nothing will happen to the capital cities in Warlords of Draenor that we know of and there will not be any new playable races in the upcoming expansion.

Level 24
I both like and dislike the change. I love the wow themed look and I do not entirely support the change of models. (even tho some races needed it)

edit: oh and I gound this on WoWs facebook page.
1560679_10152107586454034_2132767314_n.jpg

INSTANT BUY!

This model could use some improvements the human on the back is clearly holding out his hands as if he is holding reins yet there are no reins.

Status
Not open for further replies.