• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The voice actors of WarCraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
So far I've paid respect to the lore, the raids, the books and the characters in countless threads but there are some people that I've never have given my respects to and they make up everything that's good about the game. That's right here we'll discuss the voice actors.

Who is truly the best voice actor out there please post videos containing their sound file either just as voice file or how they fit in action.

I myself want first to nominate my favorite raid when it comes to voice acting, Ulduar and here to show you is Ulduar in action.

I then also want to nominate the Lich King for the best voice in any of the games.

Warcraft 3 Uther Soundset - Best, most emotional and motivated soundset there is. Not the dialogue from the missions but his actual unit responses.

Really though, I don't know as most of the Voice Actors aren't really famous and if they are that's because they're either A) Chris Metzan or B) Chris Metzen.

Lich King's voice was pretty cool. And definitely +1 for Ulduar and +1 for Mannoroth (I had really forgotten about him, but he does sound great).

In general, I really loved the wc3 voices. It is a shame that some of them were changed quite dramatically. I liked Kel'thuzad's soft, cool, wise voice. And Illidan's voice was much less powerful before. The WoW version is okay, I just naturally am biased towards Wc3 since those were the originals.

I feel like Vashj's voice was done quite well:

I like Tirion's voice too. And who can forget the headless horseman!

I only thought of him just now. I really love his voice.

And let's not forget the obnoxious Selin Fireheart:

"I ... AM A GOD!"

In general, I really loved the wc3 voices. It is a shame that some of them were changed quite dramatically. I liked Kel'thuzad's soft, cool, wise voice. And Illidan's voice was much less powerful before. The WoW version is okay, I just naturally am biased towards Wc3 since those were the originals.

Yeah, I feel the same about Kel'Thuzad. I don't recall what his voice was like in vanilla, but I believe his voice actor went on to play the Lich King in Wrath, and Kel'Thuzad was given a new voice actor to sound more distinct. The new voice actor kinda butchered it. :\

And the Headless Horseman. Gah, the rhymes are just so good.

Level 24
Thumbs up for Purgeandfire I agree that his rhymes are really great. I also agree that I liked the wc3 voice actors better. The new voice actor for Sylvanas isn't bad but she sounds like Lois Griffin and not the Banshee Queen.

Level 24
That's why I'm here, to present the truth. Can you imagine if they would have used Anna Graves as the voice actor for Sylvanas. That would have been something for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.