• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siege of Orgrimmar Raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
There's no WoW expansion after Mists of Pandaria because after the expansion Blizzzard will start working project titan. And why I say the Emerald Dream will not come is because the Emerald Dream is the world which shows how Azeroth would look if it never had been touched by mortals and to make something that big would require atleast one expansion.

Level 21
There's no WoW expansion after Mists of Pandaria because after the expansion Blizzzard will start working project titan. And why I say the Emerald Dream will not come is because the Emerald Dream is the world which shows how Azeroth would look if it never had been touched by mortals and to make something that big would require atleast one expansion.

Meh, there might be in the future.
Well I'm looking forward to Mists of Pandaria and leveling a Monk to level ninety and kicking Garrosh's ass with my Kung Fu.

Level 17
They may be working on Titan but Blizzard are known multi-taskers. D3, SC2 and Cataclysm were all produced at the same time.

As for the Emerald Dream, I doubt they will make an expansion showcasing the whole world but maybe a continent or a new land. The Emerald Dream means they have to reterrain the whole world, come up with another full world of content as well as a fuckton of new lore. Also, lore-wise it would seem a little odd considering the druids are the only living people there and from what I've read they don't build settlements or anything to respect the integrity of the dream. It just seems silly for them to preach this as a place of peace and then suddenly have orcs and trolls and worgen all running through it building bases and interrupting the 'natural' feel of it.

Level 21
According to what great lore Blizzard has given us now, it would not be surprising if we entered the Emerald Dream and killed every single living thing to get some nice epic loot.

It could be cool if we chose to side with the Emerald Dream or the Nightmare.

Level 24
The old gods are the reason behind all evil, it was they who turned Sargeras mad and Sargeras founded the Burning Legion and recruited Archrimonde and Kil'Jaiden into his ranks and the Burning Legion created the Lich King. Not to mention turning the two most powerfull black dragons Neltharion and Sintharia into mindless abominations that seeked only to destroy. And Sintharia in turn created the twilight dragons.

So I'd say siding with the old gods is a really bad idea and it would instantly make you hated with every other reputations that exists in the game. The fun part about WoW is that you can't choose betwen being good or evil since there is no race that is good and none that are evil and adding the old gods as a reputation would screw that up.

Level 12
The old gods are the reason behind all evil, it was they who turned Sargeras mad and Sargeras founded the Burning Legion and recruited Archrimonde and Kil'Jaiden into his ranks and the Burning Legion created the Lich King. Not to mention turning the two most powerfull black dragons Neltharion and Sintharia into mindless abominations that seeked only to destroy. And Sintharia in turn created the twilight dragons.

Yes, yes. We know all that already. Don't have to go through it again.

And I absolutely disagree on saying Mists of Pandaria is the last expansion. As Wolfe pointed out, it Blizzard are known multi-taskers. And leaving MoP as the last expansion would leave various lore plots hanging, unless it is finally finished off in Titan, which would be pretty troublesome.

And again, I disagree on Vol'jin to have all the say in who becomes the next Warchief. It is, as Wolfe pointed out again, all of the Horde's leaders decision, not just Vol'jin. And who says Vol'jin would kill Garrosh, it would probably be someone like Thrall, if he were forced to, or Saurfang. You seem to be pretty Vol'jin-for-president about this.

And I doubt we'll see the Emerald Dreams since we've suggested it since the begining of WoW and we've still failed to see anything. Also as you might know Mists of Pandaria will be the last expansion of the game.

I do not doubt that Blizzard would finally address the Emerald Dream. Think Xavius. His status is currently unknown since the book Stormrage. And think logically as well. Blizzard is adding new content to the lore, such as Wrathion and Med'an. That is pretty sure indicator of future expansions to come. And just because Blizzard hasn't released anything on the Emerald Dream, doesn't mean that it won't come. Blizzard, before Cataclysm, did not mention anything about the old god, N'Zoth or even Murozond, who will no doubt return. They also didn't mention anything about a new pandarean continent in-game during Cataclysm or WotLK.

But let's think far this time. Have any of you had any look at the Sha here?

Thoughts? I'm thinking N'Zoth minions.

And what about Varian? Will the Horde get to kill him?

Level 24
I don't think they are going to add a new expansion to WoW a new raid (after siege of Orgrimmar) might be possible and I don't know if you've missed this but it has been anounced by Blizzard that MoP will be the last expansion of the game.

And you're absolutly wrong we've know of Pandaria since WarCraft III.

And I really hope we get to kill Varian because Varian and Garrosh is not really that diffrent if you look at them.

Level 18
I'd like to hear this proof aswell.
But Varian being like Garrosh? No, Varian has good reasons hate the orcs, have you ever bothered to read what happened after he was washed up to the shores of Durotar?

Also, he's a father. You also should be aware that after Deathbringer was defeated in the Icecrown Citadel, Varian did not mindlessly attack Saurfang when he wanted to go to his son. Varian wants to protect his people, not like Garrosh who only wishes to conquer.

Level 24
I can't for the life of me find where it said it so I was probebly wrong.

Yes I know what happened after he washed up on Durotar but even though he has good reasons for hating the Horde it does not make hating the horde the right thing. Thrall didn't let his experiences stop him he still allied with Jaina Proudmore and stop the burning legion.

Level 24
Well I really hope they'll make the emerald dreams and I hope that if they make the emerald dreams it is going to be better then cata.

Level 1
i play horde and i think it's good to kill garrosh and it would be quite funny if it ended up as vol'jin runs in a last minute and like he said pierces an arrow through his heart :)

Level 24
I agree since I myself is a really big sin'dorei fan I've also learned to like the trolls because of their family bond but I still unlike many think that Vol'Jin will lead the Horde because of the litle fact called to the winner goes the spoil.

Level 14
I think Blizzard messed up that they revealed where the last raid will be. I anything, keeping everything a mystery would have made MoP more cooler. It could have given the community a chance to get even more involved by trying to figure things out? Is the last boss a Shaa, an Old God, a Panda... or Garrosh.

I think the idea is good, but I really hate how the Horde are getting all the attention lately. I mean Horde culture is just so much better than the dull Alliance culture.

Also the destruction of Theramore... that's gonna suck... what next? Horde raiding Darnassus and burning it to the ground?

Maybe Thrall will return as Warchief, but than again who knows.

Level 24
I think Blizzard messed up that they revealed where the last raid will be. I anything, keeping everything a mystery would have made MoP more cooler. It could have given the community a chance to get even more involved by trying to figure things out? Is the last boss a Shaa, an Old God, a Panda... or Garrosh.

I think the idea is good, but I really hate how the Horde are getting all the attention lately. I mean Horde culture is just so much better than the dull Alliance culture.

Also the destruction of Theramore... that's gonna suck... what next? Horde raiding Darnassus and burning it to the ground?

Maybe Thrall will return as Warchief, but than again who knows.

Even though I agree with you that it was kind of a letdown to know the final raid before the game even came out I still as you say think that the idea is awesome. And yes the Horde gets allot more attention in MoP but that's how it alweys has been and alweys will be in Vanilla the Alliance were the only ones who had fun quest lore, in TBC the Horde had Garrosh the son of Gromash and so on and so on.

As for the destruction of Theramor I have to agree that it's sad but honestly if the Horde could have just zerg rushed Darnassus don't you think they'd done that by now? The only reason Theramor has stayed safe is because that most orcs still see Jaina Proudmore as an ally since she stood by their side and rescued Gromash Hellscream and defended Nordrassil from being destroyed and by those actions killed a man who held equally big responsebility for the enslavement of the orcs as Kil'Jaiden did.

And we've been over this again and again Thrall is not coming back he have stated clearly that he wants nothing with the throne to do anymore and we've seen in the 4.2 questchain that Thrall desires nothing else then to put all war and fueds behind him and start a familly, now he has that but you think he will throw all that awey? Besides Thrall know that there are capeble leaders in the Horde even among the orcs we have great warriors and leaders like Saurfang the brother of Broxigar who has a stronger family line then Garrosh and who would also probebly suit as a beter leader. It dosen't mater how much you try to close your eyes and cover your ears the truth will still catch up to you someday.

Level 14
I'm not saying it's bad that to raid Oggrimmar. I say it's bad that they unveiled it so early. It's like knowing the ending of a book before you start it. MoP had this going for it and they ruined it.

Yeah but Theramore made things more interesting on the map really. Now the map just looks dull. I mean the map looked more dynamic with Theramore there. Now it's just boring Top vs Bottom on both continents.

I don't care about what Thrall desires. No one cares about what Thrall desires. He has no responsibility now except to his wife, and to his people. Let's not forget that Thrall placed Garrosh as Warchief. So I think it's up to Thrall to end it, once and for all. I really do not think that Thrall would just sit idle by. The Orcs freed Thrall from Blackmore one way or the other. They gave him an identity. Thrall did a lot for the Horde as well. He can be Warchief, a husband and a father at the same time. Maybe a new character will appear who will become Warchief. Although, for anything else to be the Warchief of the Horde than an Orc.... hard to believe that (Vote for Obama, lulz).

Level 24
I did not say that Thrall would sit idly by I said he would not return to his position of being WarChief. And no you can't babysit the orcs and your family at the same time not while you got a war going on against 7 diffrent races.

Level 14
I did not say that Thrall would sit idly by I said he would not return to his position of being WarChief. And no you can't babysit the orcs and your family at the same time not while you got a war going on against 7 diffrent races.

Terenas did it! And look how great Arthas.... turned out.... to be....

Okay nvm, you win. :pir:

Level 24
Exactlly to be a mortal, a good father and a good leader at the same time is impossible unless you're a Cairne and nobody is as epic as Cairne.

A tribute to awesomeness!
200px-Cairne_Bloodhoof_TCG.jpg

Level 24
Ofcourse it is...

Even though we've kids like Arthas and Garrosh who turned out badly we still have Jaina who turned out great... untill she went mad...

Level 24
Hahaheeheuhaeheahaohohoahaeheohahehehihaoheha.

It's the fact that it's coming from you that makes it both funny and infuriating at the same time.

If you had actully taken the time to read the whole post it wasent about Thrall being unable to be a father and a leader at the same time but rather that he dosen't want to come back to the Horde since in his eyes he can't give his family the attention they need and deserve if he is running the Horde.

And what to you mean from me I were the one who believed that Mists of Pandaria were going to come out when everyone else shouted NEIN NEIN NEIN.

Level 12
If you had actully taken the time to read the whole post it wasent about Thrall being unable to be a father and a leader at the same time but rather that he dosen't want to come back to the Horde since in his eyes he can't give his family the attention they need and deserve if he is running the Horde.

If you had actually taken the damn time to try and understand what I was saying, then you would've have gotten it clearly that I'm talking to your fetish on Vol'jin, despite all the arguments Wolfe and I gave that he is no position to be the Horde. So let me say it again:

Vol'jin will never become Warchief. Period.

It seems to me that you sound like you're trying to close you ears and cover your mouth, but as you said the truth will come that your favorite troll will never lead the Horde.

And what to you mean from me I were the one who believed that Mists of Pandaria were going to come out when everyone else shouted NEIN NEIN NEIN.

Who the hell said that? We all agreed that MoP is coming out. We were just arguing on who will be the next Warchief.

Level 24
I have said in my posts that I think that Vol'Jin will be WarChief since the most basic concept of humanity is to the winner goes the spoil I've also said that I can understand if Saurfang or someone else high placed among the orcs would be WarChief. And what you say that a person of one race can't lead a group of people from another race is actully very untrue, for example a human can lead a pack of dogs and a dog can be in charge of a group of humans.

But now I understand what you mean and if you think that I'm trying to close my ears I totally understand now when you explained beter.

And about MoP I was not talking about this post obviously but when I said that MoP would come before Blizzard actully anounced it and 90% of hive said no it can't happen.

Level 17
Difference between a pack of dogs and orcs is that orcs are sentient beings and dogs are animals.

The thing that made Garrosh good was that he brought the best out of the orcs. He's taken the conquest of Ashenvale very far, rebuilt and reinforced Orgrimmar and launched a full-scale war against both the Elements and the Alliance. The orcs are going to need someone of a similar nature to lead them. A troll, especially one as wise and esteemed as Vol'jin, could never do that because his priorities are to the restoration of his already endangered people.

Level 24
Well I'm not going to argue against christianity because that is only a battle were nobody gets anything out of anything.

However I can agree with you that if you want someone who can spread war and chaos Vol'Jin is not to be considered. However I think that the Horde will realise that they did wrong with choosing Garrosh so they would probebly want someone who could bring peace to Azeroth in witch case Saurfang should lead the orcs and Vol'Jin would make the biggest descision conserning the Horde or as I've stated is what I hope for most is that they make a council so that the leader of every race gets one vote.

Level 17
The Horde didn't choose Garrosh, Thrall did. The orcs, however, were very happy with his decision. They had a warrior and the son of a war hero to lead them, yay. But Garrosh is a patriot in the extreme, which led to the expulsion of the other races in Orgrimmar.

... what you stated was the original arrangement of the Horde, except the Forsaken and Blood Elves didn't really have much of a say. With MoP, the war between Alliance and Horde will intensify no doubt, so the Horde will most likely realize the importance of having forces in the east (as Garrosh did, hence why the Forsaken conquered Silverpine and took most of Hillsbrad).

Level 12
A pacifistic leader during a time of crisis is undeniably stupid to elect.

War is always looming over the horizon. You aren't going to get much out of always trying to talk out of things diplomatically, as evidenced by Thrall. Eventually, fight will break out and that's when the Horde will realize that they need a strong leader, one who is learned in combat and can make the right tactical decision.

The Horde did just that. Thrall (possibly) saw the way of his error (being too diplomatic in various cases) and elected Garrosh, which appeased both the orcs and his concerns. During the campaign against the Lich King, he was no doubt effective. But Garrosh is one end of the see-saw. He was too militaristic and distrusted the other races of the Horde.

What the Horde needs is a versatile leader. One who can be diplomatic when diplomats arrive and one who can be tactical when the enemy is at the gates. Right now, it seems too ambitious to find someone that fits that criteria.

Level 14
I can see a new character emerging as the list is getting very short.

That's definitely my bet. Or how about the son of Garona and Medivh, that Half-Orc? I forgot his name. He was rumored to have some impact in Cataclysm but it seems he didn't make an appearance after all.

Edit: I just realized something.

As the Siege of Oggrimmar is at the end of the expansion, that means that most likely a new character will be introduced, and we will watch him grow as we quest and raid through the end game.

Level 17
Med'an is also quarter-human, quarter-draenei and the Guardian of Tirisfal. He's too neutral to lead the Horde.

Level 25
Incorrect. Med'an is quarter orc, quarter draenei, and half human.

Blizz has stated that Thrall will not become the new Warchief.

As for Vol'jin being Warchief, it'd be cool, but I doubt it. The Horde was founded by orcs, and has always had an orcish leader.

Personally I would've loved to see Saurfang as the Warchief, but sadly I don't think it's going to happen. 1) He is old, and for orcs that often means weakness (measured in physical strength, of course, but that's really all that matters for some of the more fundamental orcs) 2) Similarly to Nazgrel, he is kinda stuck leading the Horde forces in another world/continent.

My guess is that Nazgrim, an orc who first appeared in WotLK, had a major role in Cata in the Vashj'ir starting zone, and will once again have a major role in MoP, will become the new Warchief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.