• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
would anyone like to have the Stonemaul Clan Ogres as a playable race for Horde?
I would love to play a Ogre Mage and got everything ready for it.
like bags, glyphs, where the spells are going etc...
You cant just stop talking about Ogres as playable race dont you? There are alot of things we want, but we wont get it. I dont want Black Dragonflight to die, i want necromancer as playable class, i want Jaina to die, i want to work for the Old Gods, i want more orcs with lore (people want Thrall dead thats why, if they kill off Thrall they basically kill off Orc storyline like they did with dragon storyline after Deathwings death since Thrall is the only orc basically left with any lore, Eitrigg is such a secondary character and Varok hasnt done shit after WotLK)

Level 21
I dont want Black Dragonflight to die, i want necromancer as playable class, i want Jaina to die, i want to work for the Old Gods, i want more orcs with lore
Is it strange that we want exactly the same stuff ? xD

Level 9
one thing they could do is add ogres to the horde and naga to the alliance. i hope that they add back the ranged weapon slot and enables classes other than the hunter to use ranged weapons again.
Naga to the Alliance? Oh god no. Its as bad as Scourge with Bolvar leading them allying with Horde and Alliance. Nagas werent mean for destruction just like the demons and not for joining the Alliance or Horde.

Level 25
Naga to the Alliance? Oh god no. Its as bad as Scourge with Bolvar leading them allying with Horde and Alliance. Nagas werent mean for destruction just like the demons and not for joining the Alliance or Horde.

It would make more sense with the Cataclysm. Some naga might be part of the Kal'dorei resistance but they are caught up and cursed. And now they are being hunted by Azshara's followers, then they found the Night Elves, and they got angry but the Highborne are willing to accept them and work for a cure, then they could get a humanoid form which is Highborne.

Level 9
It would make more sense with the Cataclysm. Some naga might be part of the Kal'dorei resistance but they are caught up and cursed. And now they are being hunted by Azshara's followers, then they found the Night Elves, and they got angry but the Highborne are willing to accept them and work for a cure, then they could get a humanoid form which is Highborne.
Well still it wouldnt work. Horde is the one that should have beastly races not Alliance. I know that Worgen are beastly too, but still they can morph into humans so they arent as bad as nagas would be. For Alliance there really arent any new races to add maybe only High Elves, but nothing else really goes with Alliance theme.

Level 25
Well still it wouldnt work. Horde is the one that should have beastly races not Alliance. I know that Worgen are beastly too, but still they can morph into humans so they arent as bad as nagas would be. For Alliance there really arent any new races to add maybe only High Elves, but nothing else really goes with Alliance theme.

Nagas are not that beastly in terms of civilizations, I mean they're even more civilized than humans once.

Level 24
My highest hope is that they add N'Zoth as the final boss of the Emerald Nightmare raid and that they make him to ressemble Yogg-Saron and C'Thun. Yogg-Saron was made to remind people of the C'Thun fight and he by far my favorite boss of all time and I hope that if they add N'Zoth that they make him as amazing as they made Yogg-Saron. That might actually make me start raiding seriously again.

Level 21
My highest hope is that they add N'Zoth as the final boss of the Emerald Nightmare raid and that they make him to ressemble Yogg-Saron and C'Thun. Yogg-Saron was made to remind people of the C'Thun fight and he by far my favorite boss of all time and I hope that if they add N'Zoth that they make him as amazing as they made Yogg-Saron. That might actually make me start raiding seriously again.

I think it would be better if Xavius was the end boss.
Really want to see Queen Azshara, and N'Zoth as end bosses for the different expansion after Legion.

Level 24
I think it would be better if Xavius was the end boss.
Really want to see Queen Azshara, and N'Zoth as end bosses for the different expansion after Legion.

We are going to put an end to the Emerald Nightmare as stated by Blizzard I don't see how we could end it without striking out its heart at the Rift of Aln.

Level 25

If the raid boss isn't N'zy, it would be even more interesting, so let's just wait.

Illidan comes back but no Kael? At least they could bring him back seeing how he will apparently get nerfed in HotS pretty bad.

Kael is dead, like completely dead. Plus he failed Kil'jaeden so hard he might have been punished so hard already.

Level 21
Hopefully I will have a Ogre Mage sometime soon, and be able to get the spec I want as well which is Arcane.

I wonder on how we might get different weapons based on what spec we picked.
Hopefully they do that.

Level 9
I think that after the Legion there might be 2 Old God expansions since this is how expansions have been right now:
Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King- Burning Legion expansions
Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria- Old God expansions
Warlords of Draenor and Legion- Burning Legion expansions
So the next 2 might be about Old Gods.

Level 24
I think that after the Legion there might be 2 Old God expansions since this is how expansions have been right now:
Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King- Burning Legion expansions
Cataclysm and Mists of Pandaria- Old God expansions
Warlords of Draenor and Legion- Burning Legion expansions
So the next 2 might be about Old Gods.

Wait, wait, wait we never actually battled the Burning Legion in WotLK (unless you count 1 time traveling dungoen.) We did however battle Yogg-Saron and found out he was behind a lot of the Lich King's actions so that by all standards is an Old Gods expansion.

Level 25
Wait, wait, wait we never actually battled the Burning Legion in WotLK (unless you count 1 time traveling dungoen.) We did however battle Yogg-Saron and found out he was behind a lot of the Lich King's actions so that by all standards is an Old Gods expansion.

Undead were originally part of the Legion but yeah, it's more of an Old God themed one.

Well Undead Scourge is/was part of the Burning Legion thats why. There was more Scourge than Yogg'Saron so for me it still counts as an Burning Legion expanion.

*was.

At that point in time, the scourge were completely under the Lich King's control. Ner'zhul 'played along' with the burning legion in RoC (resurrecting Archimonde), that weakened the races and allowed Arthas to merge with Ner'zhul for his second coming.

Level 9
i hope that they bring back the talent tree.
Eh i liked both, but i would prefer the new one. The old one was like reduce 1% mana cost like thats useless as hell. While the new talent tree has some really nice passives that actually do something not like the old ones where you get something like 1%-3%. What i think is really cool is that they separate PvP and PvE talents which is really nice and they should have made that earlier.

Level 2
Alleria and Turalyon are back!
For Sir Lothar!
But the Alliance is going to land on an island, which means a big naval operation especially when the Legion is there, where's the Kul Tiras Marines to storm the beachheads?

Level 24
Yes they sure are back and before long the internet will be filled with fanart of messed up incestious three-ways between the sisters. (If that doesn't exist already.)

But to be serious I hope we see some interaction between both Alleria and Vereesa and Alleria and Sylvanas. How can you expect Sylvanas to be good when no-one that she cares about believes in her? The one possibility she has to return to her old self is for Alleria to say "I don't care what you look like, you're still my sister and I still love you." I see a lot of people giving Sylvanas shit but she was tortured, forced to watch her people nearly wiped out and been forced to serve as a slave to the human that wronged her. No one is unchanged after that and therefor Sylvanas needs help but everyone around her has denied her that right. She has been put in a situation where she has had a demon as her closest ally and ofcourse that's going to make you crueler. The one chance she has is her sister(s) because her love for them has persisted throughout this whole ordeal. The whole reason why Vereesa's betrayal hurt her so bad is because she loved her sister something fiercly and Sylvanas's only chance of redemption is Alleria. Whether their reunion would happen during Legion or after it they owe it to Sylvanas because she's a character who has been done injustice upon injustice and of all the characters she deserves forgivness and love because she has never had it.

Whether their reunion would happen during Legion or after it they owe it to Sylvanas because she's a character who has been done injustice upon injustice and of all the characters she deserves forgivness and love because she has never had it.

Eh, the people who have been done injustice after injustice are the Humans of Lordaeron and the High Elves. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of Sylvanas :p

Level 24
Eh, the people who have been done injustice after injustice are the Humans of Lordaeron and the High Elves. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of Sylvanas :p

Yes and the humans of Lordaeron were killed and made into the forsaken and Sylvanas is the biggest highelf character.

Yes and the humans of Lordaeron were killed and made into the forsaken and Sylvanas is the biggest highelf character.

Forsaken =/= Humans of Lordaeron. Don't mean to be racist here but Undead have no claims to anything, especially ex-Scourge and those killed and raised against their will and mind controlled.

Sylvanas =/= High Elf.

Sylvanas = The New Lich Queen.

She even says it herself:

Our favourite Warchief (Sarcasm intended) "And what difference is there between you and the Lich King now?"

Sylvanas "Why, isn't it obvious Warchief? I serve the Horde."

Level 9
Forsaken =/= Humans of Lordaeron. Don't mean to be racist here but Undead have no claims to anything, especially ex-Scourge and those killed and raised against their will and mind controlled.

Sylvanas =/= High Elf.

Sylvanas = The New Lich Queen.

She even says it herself:

Our favourite Warchief (Sarcasm intended) "And what difference is there between you and the Lich King now?"

Sylvanas "Why, isn't it obvious Warchief? I serve the Horde."
Undead have no claim to anything? Im pretty sure the Undead comes from Northrend so its basically theirs. Also i dont think Sylvanas will become the Lich Queen. She needs to marry Bolvar first and as said alot of times already Sylvanas cant be turned evil since it would piss off alot of Forsaken fans and there is nobody to replace her. Btw same i could say about Alliance and Horde. The Old Gods were on Azeroth long before anyone else so Azeroth should belong to them not to the races of Horde and Alliance.

Level 24
Seems like footman16 can't see more than one side of the coin. :D I just don't see in what universe you think that the forsaken is going to be wiped out in Legion? And when you say mind controlled do you mean like Lillian Voss, every playable forsaken character or the bosses in SFK? Because none of them were mind controlled and to my knowledge the word mindcontroll was never used. But if you want more indications that they're not all mindless husk lets look at the speech you quoted. "Without them my people will ide out." Sylvanas says her people and is mindless husks people I would say no. Also we have War Crimes and Alleria's necklace that proves that Sylvanas still remains in there and that she's not mindless. Also look at who she targets, humans always humans, why? Because in her eyes humans are evil, she was killed by a human prince and the next human she met was Garithos who wasn't much of an upgrade. And look at her now, she has to deal with Jaina who sees all blood elves as guilty until proven innocent. I don't believe Sylvanas to be a villain but an anti-hero who does what she deems necesary to save her people and I might be wrong there. The difference between us is that I say "I believe" while you say "I know". I for one don't see all opinions and theories I spew out as facts but you seem to do. There is no proof that Sylvanas is evil but there is proof that at least parts of Sylvanas's old self was still there in War Crimes.

Level 2
Also look at who she targets, humans always humans, why? Because in her eyes humans are evil, she was killed by a human prince and the next human she met was Garithos who wasn't much of an upgrade

Arthas was a Death-knight at that time, he wasn't doing what his 'true' self would do, it is like saying "Oi, Falric, you attempted to kill us, death to all humans (even though Falric is in death in service of the Scourge)!"

Garithos was an idiot, but there was a simple mindset. "Hey, I hate undead, particularly that Dreadlord guy in my city, but I also hate you, hang on, an enemy of my enemy is my friend! Lets clense this bastard together, I help you and then get out of my city, deal?" It was a win-win (well, almost) agreement and Sylvanas at the end just said "Yeh, kill him as well for having a squeaky voice, and I like his city." Keep in mind that Sylvanas now uses the city as a haven for her people, she wasn't really just bent on killing humans, but rather forging a path for her people, no matter the cost.

Last edited:
Undead have no claim to anything? Im pretty sure the Undead comes from Northrend so its basically theirs. Also i dont think Sylvanas will become the Lich Queen. She needs to marry Bolvar first and as said alot of times already Sylvanas cant be turned evil since it would piss off alot of Forsaken fans and there is nobody to replace her. Btw same i could say about Alliance and Horde. The Old Gods were on Azeroth long before anyone else so Azeroth should belong to them not to the races of Horde and Alliance.

Nah, Northrend belongs to the Vrykul, the Iron Dwarves, the Nerubians etc.

Razosh said:
Seems like footman16 can't see more than one side of the coin. :D I just don't see in what universe you think that the forsaken is going to be wiped out in Legion?

I never said they were going to be wiped out and you're probably right that I can't see the other side of the coin. Now I have no problem with the Forsaken, what I do have a problem with is pretty much everything they do and everything they've done.

Razosh said:
And when you say mind controlled do you mean like Lillian Voss, every playable forsaken character or the bosses in SFK? Because none of them were mind controlled and to my knowledge the word mindcontroll was never used. But if you want more indications that they're not all mindless husk lets look at the speech you quoted. "Without them my people will ide out." Sylvanas says her people and is mindless husks people I would say no. Also we have War Crimes and Alleria's necklace that proves that Sylvanas still remains in there and that she's not mindless.

The guy at Andorhal, I believe Sylvanas had something planned for him to make him more "agreeable". And Galen Trollbane, there is no way he would be so utterly devoted the Banshee Queen like he is; it's like he's an entirely different person which can only suggest something changing him

I'm not saying Sylvanas is mindless, oh, she definitely knows what she's doing.

Razosh said:
Also look at who she targets, humans always humans, why? Because in her eyes humans are evil, she was killed by a human prince and the next human she met was Garithos who wasn't much of an upgrade. And look at her now, she has to deal with Jaina who sees all blood elves as guilty until proven innocent.

Arthas did say "I have given you ample opportunities to surrender and you have stubbornly refused." She was being difficult :p

Jokes aside though, Garithos could be excused for the same reason as the Elves let his entire family and lands die and burn but I don't excuse Garithos.

Razosh said:
I don't believe Sylvanas to be a villain but an anti-hero who does what she deems necesary to save her people and I might be wrong there. The difference between us is that I say "I believe" while you say "I know". I for one don't see all opinions and theories I spew out as facts but you seem to do. There is no proof that Sylvanas is evil but there is proof that at least parts of Sylvanas's old self was still there in War Crimes.

She doesn't deny the fact that there's no difference between her and the Lich King, it doesn't get more evil than that. She's killed many of the Humans of Lordaeron, she invaded Gilneas, she used biological warfare, she changes those who aren't completely obedient to her will.

Level 24
Alright this discussion is starting to go wildly off-topic my point was that Sylvanas can still be brought back to her old self if Alleria can look past her sisters new appearance. I would really like to see Sylvanas forgive the humans and have peace. (And Stormwind marine this isn't about what's is correct accourding to the lore but rather what it looked like to Sylvanas.)

Level 21
Since this is turning into off-topic lets go back on-topic. I wonder what will Alleria do after she founds out Vereesa is on the Alliance side and Sylvanas is on the horde side and undead.
That would certainly be interesting.
I'm sure she will join the Alliance though

Level 24
Joining the Alliance seems idiotic the entire reason for classhouses is that the Alliance and Horde are fighting against each other like two girls fighting over the last Justin Bieber CD. Why would she not join the Hunter class house if she's actually supposed to be active? Once she has actually been there she would know that the Horde is no longer mindless brutes and remain neutral.

Joining the Alliance seems idiotic the entire reason for classhouses is that the Alliance and Horde are fighting against each other like two girls fighting over the last Justin Bieber CD. Why would she not join the Hunter class house if she's actually supposed to be active? Once she has actually been there she would know that the Horde is no longer mindless brutes and remain neutral.

But Alleria's a hero of the Alliance; making her neutral would be a bit cheap in my opinion also what about Turalyon, I can't see him being neutral.

Level 21
there is no real talent tree anymore. there is a talent choice every 15 levels and they are lame. i do not bother with the talent system these days but i did use the talent trees. what they should do is bring back the talent tree with a focus on new skills and the upgrading of those.

Level 24
But Alleria's a hero of the Alliance; making her neutral would be a bit cheap in my opinion also what about Turalyon, I can't see him being neutral.

If they want to make her essential to the story she has to be neutral though and why is it so wrong for her to be neutral if she has to be in order to stop the legion? Should she really help Varian when he is busy having a pissing contest with Vol'Jin while the world burns around them. Seems like that would do both Alleria and Turalyon injustice just to force them into the Alliance. Besides is it that unlikely that Turalyon would side with neutral Tirion Fordring rather than a king he has never met?

If they want to make her essential to the story she has to be neutral though and why is it so wrong for her to be neutral if she has to be in order to stop the legion? Should she really help Varian when he is busy having a pissing contest with Vol'Jin while the world burns around them. Seems like that would do both Alleria and Turalyon injustice just to force them into the Alliance. Besides is it that unlikely that Turalyon would side with neutral Tirion Fordring rather than a king he has never met?

Why though, surely she can be "essential" to the story and also Alliance?

Level 24
Why though, surely she can be "essential" to the story and also Alliance?

But how could she when that would mean that Horde players wouldn't get any of the story? Do you remember Molten Core? If you played Alliance you heard "save us from Ragnaros he'll destroy us all." If you played Horde you heard "get purple shit."

Second as stated by Blizzard the story isn't about AvH but Azeroth vs Legion, give me one good reson why Alleria's 1,5 decade long hunt of the Legion would end because she wants to fight the Horde and give Sargeras the opening he needs. Why would you rather see a compromised Alleria in the Alliance rather than a great neutral one?

Level 24
Because the Horde can get their own alternative.

Someone as impressive as Alleria, who hates the Legion equaly as much, who'd that be? Second you did not answer my question, why would Alleria give up her persuit of the legion to join the Aliance who are too busy foghting the Horde? Besides they're already making 12 different class stories and 36 spec mini-stories I don't know if 2 different faction stories are on their list.

Because the Alliance-Horde War ended; they're definitely not too busy fighting each other to just ignore the Legion invasion: that would be very... uncharacteristic of Varian and Vol'jin and just plain dumb.

You keep talking about how she hates the Legion but there's no reference about her towards the Legion, the people she does hate with a passion was the Horde and that died down. I can't see her forsaking the Alliance like that especially after she disobeyed orders to join them.

How do you see her being implemented into the game, I'd like to hear what you think will happen so I can fully understand how it would work.

Level 9
Because the Alliance-Horde War ended; they're definitely not too busy fighting each other to just ignore the Legion invasion: that would be very... uncharacteristic of Varian and Vol'jin and just plain dumb.

You keep talking about how she hates the Legion but there's no reference about her towards the Legion, the people she does hate with a passion was the Horde and that died down. I can't see her forsaking the Alliance like that especially after she disobeyed orders to join them.

How do you see her being implemented into the game, I'd like to hear what you think will happen so I can fully understand how it would work.
But they do ignore. Varian mostly. Remember when Deathwing attacked Stormwind? Varian was like: Gather all the men and build me a statue! While Garrosh atleast had a brain and he prepared Orgrimma, but hey Varian has always been dumb. He would have not cared if Yogg'Saron would have taken over the world.

Level 24

Yes it's over for now but if you look at the Legion announcement panel you'll see that they say that the classhouses are formed because the Alliance and the Horde are too busy bickering amongst each other. And props to Zaramorus for his argument but he also left some things out. Aside from Varian not giving two shits about either Deathwing and Yogg-Saron, the only thing he did in Cata was fight the Horde. In Pandaria all he wanted out of Pandaria was to turn it into a military base to fight the Horde what did he actually do to help the pandarens out? The Horde and the Alliance threw Jade Forest into chaos and both sides left the pandarens to deal with it.

First of all the orcs was in 1995 when WCII came out, that was 20 years ago, do you honestly think she remains the same after birthing a son and spending years fighting the Legion hasn't changed her priorities. First of all I can't guarantee that it's been 15 years might be more might be less as we haven't seen them in a while. What we do know is that it's at least been 9 years as she wasn't anywhere in either Azeroth or Outland during the time of TBC. And her appearing at this time is no coincidence at least I'd like to believe it would be foolish to think that. In addition if she wanted to fight the Horde more than anything else why haven't she done so? She could have joined the Alliance and fought the Horde since the portal re-opened in TBC. (Her priorities doesn't remain the same, or at least that's the only logical explanation.)

I believe that she'll see the fact that the Horde and the Alliance is too busy with one another to face the legion and therefor seek out the hunter class-house. But if you want the strongest indication, Arator Windrunner is seen in the paladin class-house. She has come back now which is probably not just a random act which means she's here to fight the Legion and not the Horde. If her greatest desire had been to fight the Horde she could have done so since TBC but she didn't only logical explanation is that she has another target.

Level 9
Also Alleria has to become netural. If she still hates the Horde that means she would need to kill her own sister Sylvanas too and since Vereesa stabbed Sylvanas in the back then i dont think anything would bring Sylvanas back now. I think Turalyon might become the advisor of Varian, but i think Alleria would become neutral.

Level 24
Also Alleria has to become netural. If she still hates the Horde that means she would need to kill her own sister Sylvanas too and since Vereesa stabbed Sylvanas in the back then i dont think anything would bring Sylvanas back now. I think Turalyon might become the advisor of Varian, but i think Alleria would become neutral.

Althogh I for one agree with your logic I don't like the words "has to". In my opinion your argument makes sense but I'd use the words "it would make a better story if". Because Alleria doesn't have to stay neutral but it would make way more sense if she did.

Level 2
Argent Dawn
Is Argent Dawn coming to the scene, because the last time I read about them, they ain't just an anti-Scourge protest group, they are an anti-evil organization, and considering the Burning Legion did create the Scourge and they are generally 'Kill everyone!', will they make an appearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.