• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The New Lich King?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How is the life in World of Warcraft under the control of the New Lich? After the old one the new Lich became Bolvar Fordragon and he made an oath that no more people shall be face terror. There are many predictable opinions that forsake the Rise of the New Lich King or the "Return of the Bolvar". Anybody who follows the story know something about the reign of the Bolvar?
After the Wrath of the Lich king ,WOW have not issued any of the campaign related to the New Lich King ....so what do you folks think? will the oath of Bolvar remain consistent?

Of course it will. He's a man of his word. And he's a good friend of Tirion, so I don't think he would threaten Azeroth. And I hope the video Razosh provided answered you topic.

Arthas was pretty determined to protect Lordaeron and in the end he didn't do a terribly good job. I would expect that Bolvar is having one hell of an internal battle and has already lost much of his morality. However, I imagine his will is strong enough to keep him from doing anything too troublesome. Whatever problems he may cause will probably be isolated to Northrend. I also doubt that Bolvar's story is one that will be explored any further in-game. Perhaps his actions could be alluded to in quest text, dialogue from other characters, or in novels/short stories, but not directly through Bolvar himself.

Level 24
Also we don't know what part Yogg-Saron played in the inner battle lets not forget that the Old Gods are as stated by Blizzard the core of all evil. And without his physical presence we don't know if he can actually affect this scenario.

Level 11
On a side note, what's up with the Helm of Domination anyway? "Arthas: Rise of the Lich King" would have us believe that Ner'zhul is gone, and yet the Helm of Domination still seems to influence the person wearing it.
Ner'zhul's spirit is gone from the Helmet and I believe that it serves for the same purpose that it serves any other King. To crown him a King of the Restless Undead, give them that power over them to control them, and make him stronger to make him different then the others. Why the helmet is like this is beyond me, but it was probably Kil'jaeden's idea just in case if Ner'zhil wanted to betray his demon master. Who knows.

In other note. I believe Bolvar Fordragon couldn't have the same mental capacity to control the restless undead as Arthas Menethil did. Reason is because when Arthas Menethil ruled over the Undead Scourge. He was already corrupted and his mind was 99 percent lost. Bolvar Fordragon's mind is an okay state. But if we gave it some time and waited. The echoes, the voices, and the other stuff the undead do will eventually get to him. I believe he'll go insane at some point. Because he choose the fate to be the Jailer of the Damned for his entire life and eventually one with weak will could brake easily. I believe he's weak. But then again. That's just my theory and opinion. So, yep...

Level 9
Wow wow wow. Don't bring the Old Gods here. They are trouble as hell.
Yes, I agree with you Pyraeus. He could, or probably gone corupted like Arthas did in some later time. But Bolvar has strong will. Strong will people won't fall apart easily.

Wow wow wow. Don't bring the Old Gods here. They are trouble as hell.
Of course we must take into account the Old God Yogg Saron. Remember the sarotonite in Northrend from which Icecrown Citadel was constructed? Well that's basically old god blood!
And also the faceless ones are from Yogg Saron. He even made a prophecy about the Lich King Arthas's fall. Who knows what dreadful thoughts could he input into Bolvar!
Edit: he's imprisoned not dead!
Since the dawn of life on Azeroth, the imprisoned and sleeping Old Gods have been whispering to the subconsciousness of mortal and eternal beings alike, subverting their thoughts and feelings, and sometimes driving them to great malice, complete insanity, or both.

Last edited:
Level 9
Okay,...... So Bolvar could gone corupted due to those nasty Old God dudes. So it this mean we are going to have a Jailer of the Dammed fight? Cool!
P.S: I hate Old Gods. I wish they were never exist.

P.S: I hate Old Gods. I wish they were never exist.
I hate them too! But let's put it this way, if they would have never existed, then the curse of the flesh wouldn't have afflicted the titanic creations and hence there would have been no humans, dwarves, gnomes and etc. Azeroth would be a different world now. And Metzen stated that he's not sure about a storyline for Blovar yet!

Level 2
And Metzen stated that he's not sure about a storyline for Blovar yet!

Do you refer to the guy in the video?
Yeah that was his answer when one from the public questioned whether the Bolvar will be sitting his butt for another five years. Though i noticed reaction from the whole audience to bring the "Lich King" back to power ,i am not quite sure.

What do you mean??
He meant that for now what remains of the Scourge is either controlled by the Cult or rogue. The rest under Bolvar's control will remain inactive and harmless. As Pyraeus stated only time could tell if Bolvar will break or not. Let's not forget what happened to Arthas after he saw Frostmorne. Also the old gods as I said numerous times and Razosh did as well could play an important role in this.

Level 7
I think that Bolvar will control the Scourge.After all he has already endured torture by the Lich King and resisted.In time he may be corrupted much like indoctrination of the Illusive Man and Saren by the Reapers in Mass Effect.

Level 2
He meant that for now what remains of the Scourge is either controlled by the Cult or rogue. The rest under Bolvar's control will remain inactive and harmless. As Pyraeus stated only time could tell if Bolvar will break or not. Let's not forget what happened to Arthas after he saw Frostmorne. Also the old gods as I said numerous times and Razosh did as well could play an important role in this.

I did not realize due to his grammar error but anyway....

As you stated the time will prove his reign but many players and fans have endorsed the Bolvar's return and i think that Blizzard may take majority of thoughts into concern.

Level 24
What's wrong with my grammar?

But right now there seems to be two large opinions among the lore lovers of what the next expansion should be. One group (me included) says it should be Queen Azshara and Ny'alotha and the others say it should be the invasion of the Burning Legion so I think Blizzard will deal with those two first before using Bolvar.

Level 7
Imo a all out war with Alliance and Horde is better than those two.And I don't think we will see Bolvar soon

Level 2
What's wrong with my grammar?

But right now there seems to be two large opinions among the lore lovers of what the next expansion should be. One group (me included) says it should be Queen Azshara and Ny'alotha and the others say it should be the invasion of the Burning Legion so I think Blizzard will deal with those two first before using Bolvar.

It would be boring to see another repetitive invasion of Legion. As well when it comes to bring Bolvar into a scene it would likely to become "hypocritical" to his promise given. Is just that from one expansion derives another and so on, but i more think that Blizzard got stuck with expansion plot into extent.

I apoligize for the off-topic but:
It would be boring to see another repetitive invasion of Legion.
You must know that Sargeras and the Legion are not a foe that give up easily on conquering some petty resisting world! It's just not in their "blood".
As for Bolvar I'll quote Pyraeus
In other note. I believe Bolvar Fordragon couldn't have the same mental capacity to control the restless undead as Arthas Menethil did. Reason is because when Arthas Menethil ruled over the Undead Scourge. He was already corrupted and his mind was 99 percent lost. Bolvar Fordragon's mind is an okay state. But if we gave it some time and waited. The echoes, the voices, and the other stuff the undead do will eventually get to him. I believe he'll go insane at some point. Because he choose the fate to be the Jailer of the Damned for his entire life and eventually one with weak will could brake easily.

Level 18
As far as I'm concerned, Lady Sylvanas is the new Lich King. The idea that the Forsaken were trying to survive and exist in a crummy situation is what made her sympathetic in some regard, but the fact that she wants to bring her curse onto more undeserving people makes her as unsympathetic as possible. If that weren't bad enough, all the other shady shit she's been doin' on the side pretty much confirms she's 100% evil. Blackmailing your own people to send you troops to die in the miserable, frozen north? Bad form, lady. Bad form.

Level 21
I'm surprised that I have to clarify this.

According to lore, the helm of domination doesn't simply "throw out" the previous owner when someone new wears it. It merges the spirits of whoever wears it in a way that makes the person unable to exist without it anymore or existing without it is a bad idea in some other way.

Originally the helm was corrupt because Ner'zhul had been tortured to insanity and further before giving him such power. Note that Ner'zhul was an immensely powerful shaman at first and necromancer later. Arthas was never that powerful alone.

When Ner'zhul and Arthas merged, then their personalities merged. Arthas was corrupted by Ner'zhul's greed for power, while Arthas made Ner'zhul stronger in some other way(?). It is implied that Arthas somehow made The Lich King whole.

Later when Bolvar Fordragon merged with the Lich King(!), then in a way this entity became more balanced than it ever was. I find it likely that Bolvar's personality finally made the Lich King "good" in a way.

In conclusion,
Ner'zhul brought ambition.
Arthas brought a good body. (best sword fighter in all lands)
Bolvar brought duty.
Also, their personalities merged in ways that are hard to describe.

Level 21
Why didn't Bolvar when merging just get the scourge to destroy itself? Hence, no more need of a Lich King.

That's a good point. It might be something about being the lich king.
For instance, when bolvar took over, then that doesn't mean that he's the one and only lich king. He just merged with previous ones.
Thus, the ambitions of others can still somewhat exist, as long as his part of the LK agrees.
This leads me to believe that the scourge still has something to do.

Well Arthas was kind of repentant after having his last chat with his old pops so I don't see why Arthas would've fought against Bolvar's will and as for Nerzhul, well he was kind of insane and they can be predictable, manipulated or just not really 'a part' of what's going on. I mean it's never really clarified. Based on the cinematics and dialogue it would appear Arthas was killed but then according to your sources he lives on through the helm.

Level 21
Well Arthas was kind of repentant after having his last chat with his old pops so I don't see why Arthas would've fought against Bolvar's will and as for Nerzhul, well he was kind of insane and they can be predictable, manipulated or just not really 'a part' of what's going on. I mean it's never really clarified. Based on the cinematics and dialogue it would appear Arthas was killed but then according to your sources he lives on through the helm.

It is indeed confusing. A lot depends on whether the helm can store spirits. It did in the case of Ner'zhul.
I'll note that bolvar's voice changed when he put on the helm. By the tone of it, it seems that the lich king (arthas + ner) side actually felt sorry for the first time.

Level 2
My guessing is that the Scourge is put on ice (literally), but there ought to be some reason behind all the shades still keep spying on us all even on Pandaria, no?

Level 9
Shades? Or Shas? Cause I have a hard time knowing them.
I guess Bolvar stills keep an eye on us if The Alliance decides "sweeping" back again on the Scourge. Or the Horde. OR BOTH.

Level 16
I do think if they were to ever continue this story line (in time they might, but not if wow ends) Bolivar is fighting a battle he will eventually loose. As someone said before he represents DUTY, Honor, hell he was the regent lord over Stormwind! Even he did not fall for the influences of Onyxia.

But over time, much as the old gods did to a certain dragon aspect, much as how a certain jailor become a servant of its prisoner, or even IN Diablo lore, they all fall to insanity. that is exacly what Blizzard does.

I would presume, Bolivar would seek out a partnership. Any guesses who he would suggest to ally with? Someone already controling undead, who in liklyhood would have the same aim for the same goals?

if that were to happen, We would be looking at a worse situation then even Arthas as Lich King would have.

Welcome to World of Warcraft II.

Level 24
I do think if they were to ever continue this story line (in time they might, but not if wow ends) Bolivar is fighting a battle he will eventually loose. As someone said before he represents DUTY, Honor, hell he was the regent lord over Stormwind! Even he did not fall for the influences of Onyxia.

But over time, much as the old gods did to a certain dragon aspect, much as how a certain jailor become a servant of its prisoner, or even IN Diablo lore, they all fall to insanity. that is exacly what Blizzard does.

I would presume, Bolivar would seek out a partnership. Any guesses who he would suggest to ally with? Someone already controling undead, who in liklyhood would have the same aim for the same goals?

if that were to happen, We would be looking at a worse situation then even Arthas as Lich King would have.

Welcome to World of Warcraft II.

Considering how well it went for Everquest II I don't think Blizzard is going to be doing a WoW2 anytime soon. And I honestly doubt Sylvanas will think to herself "You know something I miss, someone to share all this power with".

Level 16
Considering how well it went for Everquest II I don't think Blizzard is going to be doing a WoW2 anytime soon. And I honestly doubt Sylvanas will think to herself "You know something I miss, someone to share all this power with".
if you read my other posts in other forums, WoW2 will never happen.

and as for sharing... lol if you think people only ally up to share...
"keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer"
She would never intend to share power, nor would the New Lich King.
"There can be only one"
Sometime factions come together to eliminate a common foe, then they turn on one another.
"Some people just want to watch the world burn"

Level 24
An Alliance of convenience, and here I though that was why Sylvanas joined the Horde. :D Why would she go against the Horde, they don't want the land she claims is hers so why would she join forces with the Lich King before killing of the Alliance.? Besides the Horde killed the Lich King once they could do it again or atleast the Horde guild Paragon got World First so officially the Lich King was slain by the Horde.

Level 16
An Alliance of convenience, and here I though that was why Sylvanas joined the Horde. :D
Exactly
Why would she go against the Horde, they don't want the land she claims is hers
Garrosh claims all horde territory, including hers
so why would she join forces with the Lich King before killing of the Alliance.?
Why did Vamathis ally with the Dark Lady? Do you really think she could of Killed him as a dreadlord? (they just get send back to the twisting nether)
Besides the Horde killed the Lich King once they could do it again or atleast the Horde guild Paragon got World First so officially the Lich King was slain by the Horde.
Do you think if they were all did a faction change, they could not of done it?

Level 24
Garrosh claims all horde territory, including hers

Yes because Garrosh leads the Horde and not Vol'Jin...

Why did Vamathis ally with the Dark Lady? Do you really think she could of Killed him as a dreadlord? (they just get send back to the twisting nether)

There is a big difference between one dread lord and the scourge. If Sylvanas sided with the scourge I'm sure the Horde would say "We have an objection."

Do you think if they were all did a faction change, they could not of done it?

How is that question in any way shape or form relevant to the fact that the Horde killed the Lich King they can do it again? Everyone can kill the Lich King, I have soloed the Lich King.

Level 16
Yes because Garrosh leads the Horde and not Vol'Jin...
At the tiem of the first post, yes Garrosh was leader.
There is a big difference between one dread lord and the scourge. If Sylvanas sided with the scourge I'm sure the Horde would say "We have an objection."
Yes I would agree, but she is not LOYAL to the horde, as long as she benefits from them, she will remain apart of the horde. First chance she gets she would take the scourge! In fact she did "Employee" former scourge members.
How is that question in any way shape or form relevant to the fact that the Horde killed the Lich King they can do it again? Everyone can kill the Lich King, I have soloed the Lich King.
The horde are not sole party who defeated the Lich King. You mentioned A horde guild was world first. if they were alliance, they would of STILL been world first.

Among all of this, this is merely an opinion of mine. Rather you choose to agree/disagree its still just an opinion.

The question was asked, and I answered. Your decision to post an argument was fine too, but please don't make it into a huge debate based on what you think and what I think.

*This is my final post on this Topic.*

Level 24
If you don't debate how are we supposed to edjucate people less informed in the subject and help them form their own opinions? What if the founding fathers would have said "Hey guys lets not debate democracy lets just submit to monarchy." But I can agree that this specific debate has gone on long enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.