• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I want to play WoW for free but how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
Well Wow has been trash since TBC. If they considered adding a proper vanilla server with improved features... sure I might consider actually caring about their WoW again.

Level 24
Well Wow has been trash since TBC. If they considered adding a proper vanilla server with improved features... sure I might consider actually caring about their WoW again.

Yes WoW was so much better in Vanilla when you had to play on a pvp server because all your friends were doing it and you went to quest in Ashenvale only to have some a-hole hunter gank all the players. And hey I mean he only killed all the players and all the quest mobs because the only thing protecting them were some level 42 guards that didn't stand a chance against the level 60 ally a-hole. And hey I mean he only did that for 6 hours at which point he switched place with a guild-mate so you could never actually do the quests there. And if died don't worry there were a total of 2 graveyards in all of Ashenvale and 1 in Stonetalon Mountains so if you died on the western coast you had to run across half of the zone and if died in the @$$ end of Stonetalon you had to run through 3/4 of the zone. WoW was so much better when it wasn't an MMO but a walking simulator... (Sarcasm may be included.)

And when you actually leveled the only effective way to do so was to farm mobs 5 levels lower than you and wait for them to respawn because dungeons took half an eternity as you got less xp per mob than you did for killing mobs in the wild and that was assuming the players in your group didn't all leave or went AFK because they didn't get a summon, which hey, I mean only happened the majority of the times. Quests also rewarded way to little experience for going out of your way to kill a specific type of mob so that was another really ineffective way to grind xp. WoW was much better when you didn't level through dungeons and questing because hey that would be a multiplayer experience and who would want that in a Masive MULTIPLAYER Online Role Playing Game? (Sarcasm may be included.)

And hey if you spent 3 weeks grinding your sorry ass to max level then congratulations you now got to enjoy the end game content. First we have raids like the molten core were you had to invite people only to find out they didn't have an atunement in the last second, so Hearthstone back to Orgrimmar and try to find people who had atunements, and after doing that three or four times congratulations you now had to skip three bosses because one of the tanks, even though he had amazing gear didn't have fire-resist gear. Glorious. (I really hate vanilla WoW guys, it sucks.) The game is much, MUCH better today than it ever was in Vanilla, the people you play with might not be as good and your attitude towards the game may be different but there's no escaping that Vanilla WoW sucked in comparison to all the post Cata expansions.

Level 5
As mentioned, you can only go about doing this by doing it illegally, through various private servers.

I know of some just by a simple google search result.
How do I know these are stable? Well, the first result that I got was off of a sub reddit, consisting of 7,730 readers. And they have a server list with other user inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.