• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fury of Hellfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
On June 23rd we'll finally for the first time in months we'll actually get some new content to World of WarCraft.

The patch will air in 5 days and I was wondering what all of you expect from it and when it comes out what you all think of it? Also if you've read up on the patch is there anything you're happy/unhappy with?

Personally I hope they make Hellfire more like Timeless Isle as that is my favorite in-game zone so far. The zone does so far look more beautiful and diverse than any other zone I've seen so far in Warlords of Draenor. I've also heard a rumor that flying mounts will be available if you've completed a row of achievements which in my opinion sound fun that they're making mounts into an actual accomplishment again. There has in my opinion been a bit of disappointment as far as the lore goes and I hope here they'll fix it. (But this expansion can't be worse than the Cataclysm. :D)

Level 9
Hell yeah Grommash join us and lets make Gul'Dan meet justice for the second time! And kick the Legions ass for a 5-th time? How many times has the legion been pwned by Azeroths forces already? And the part Grommash said none of the vile creatures can stop us. Well obviously. If we can defeat Deathwing we can defeat anything. Since lorewise i think Deathwing has been the most strongest enemy in WoW so far. And what do you mean it cant be as bad as Cata? BC was the biggest piece of crap. I mean Cata gameplay was bad, but its not as bad as BC gameplay and Cata has the best music and trailers/cinematics so far.

Level 3
Amaizing trailer. I expect gameplay to be simular like Isle of Tunder which is amaizing btw. However lore is.........not that good.

Level 24
I've been away these past 2 weeks now during the midsummer holiday so I haven't been able to try out 6.2 yet. But don't worry I'm back to purge the Hive of ignorance. ;D

I do have something useful to share with you though, it is the Alliance end cinematic of 6.2 so if you don't want to be spoiled don't watch it.

In my opinion the cinematic had a few plot holes though it's not remotely as bad as the 4.3 end cinematic.

Level 3
In my opinion the cinematic had a few plot holes though it's not remotely as bad as the 4.3 end cinematic.

Few? Honestly story is the worst thing that could happen to WoW lore. At least BC who until this expansion I considered has the worst lore had good feathers, but in Draenor I can't name one thing I actually find not ruining story. I won't write what I don't like because it would turn into novel, but I will point out that Archemonde defeat and his retcon (read: butchering) is the lamest thing ever and I really wonder how no one killed Grom yet. And why do people hate so much that cataclysm cinematic. It's not good, but it's not that bad. They obviously tried to make something like Night Elven lose of mortality and powers which didn't worked as planed.

Level 24
Few? Honestly story is the worst thing that could happen to WoW lore. At least BC who until this expansion I considered has the worst lore had good feathers, but in Draenor I can't name one thing I actually find not ruining story. I won't write what I don't like because it would turn into novel, but I will point out that Archemonde defeat and his retcon (read: butchering) is the lamest thing ever and I really wonder how no one killed Grom yet. And why do people hate so much that cataclysm cinematic. It's not good, but it's not that bad. They obviously tried to make something like Night Elven lose of mortality and powers which didn't worked as planed.

Yeah Grommash and Durotan are just best buddies now even despite the fact that it was Grommash who led the Iron invasion on the Frostwolves and Azeroth. I'd also think that Grommash would be more than a little pissed at us for releasing Gul'Dan in the first place.

The reason why people hate the Cata end cinematic is because it makes absolutely no sense. "Our ancient power is expanded." This would mean the the only purpose of the aspects were to prevent the Cataclysm. The Cataclysm none the less was created by one of their own so had not the aspects existed they would have had no reason to exist... For titans with the power to see the future this is a gigantic screw up.

Level 9
Yeah Grommash and Durotan are just best buddies now even despite the fact that it was Grommash who led the Iron invasion on the Frostwolves and Azeroth. I'd also think that Grommash would be more than a little pissed at us for releasing Gul'Dan in the first place.

The reason why people hate the Cata end cinematic is because it makes absolutely no sense. "Our ancient power is expanded." This would mean the the only purpose of the aspects were to prevent the Cataclysm. The Cataclysm none the less was created by one of their own so had not the aspects existed they would have had no reason to exist... For titans with the power to see the future this is a gigantic screw up.
its, because WoW is like GoT. They killed off 3 Iron Horde generals/secondary leaders in one freakin patch(Blackhand, Kargath and Ner'Zhul). I mean WoW is alot like GoT. Cool characters die, but asshole characters like Jaina and Varian live.

Level 24
i want to play wow wod with full version not starter edition,what should i do?? pay or buy wow dvd and how many money i need to buy them?,thanks before

You can either go and purchase the games plus time in your local GameStop. The other alternative is visit their website. Purchase World of WarCraft and it will tell you what you need to upgrade. Once you have bought all the expansions simply buy some time of the website.

Level 25
You can either go and purchase the games plus time in your local GameStop. The other alternative is visit their website. Purchase World of WarCraft and it will tell you what you need to upgrade. Once you have bought all the expansions simply buy some time of the website.

I think you get a month of game time when you buy the game.

Also, to get back to the topic. I think the entire purpose of this expansion was to somehow get Gul'dan back into the story. The end cinematic shows Gul'dan being thrown into a portal, presumably to the Twisting Nether, and as we recently learned, the Twisting Nether transcends all realities, meaning we now have a Gul'dan capable of traveling to our timeline (and all others for that matter). What this means for the future of WoW, I couldn't say, but I get the feeling Gul'dan is gonna play a role in upcoming expansions (more villains = more expansions = more $$$... gg Blizz)

Level 9
i want to play wow wod with full version not starter edition,what should i do?? pay or buy wow dvd and how many money i need to buy them?,thanks before
Pay for it or play a bugged private server. One thing if someone says something: Hosting a private server is illegal, but playing it isnt. Same thing is with piracy: Downloading pirated stuff isnt illegal, but uploading them is, because at the end its the uploaders/hosters fault not the ones who play/download it. I mean not everyone has enough money to play WoW. Eastern Europe salaries are VERY low.

Pay for it or play a bugged private server. One thing if someone says something: Hosting a private server is illegal, but playing it isnt. Same thing is with piracy: Downloading pirated stuff isnt illegal, but uploading them is, because at the end its the uploaders/hosters fault not the ones who play/download it. I mean not everyone has enough money to play WoW. Eastern Europe salaries are VERY low.

Downloading pirated stuff and playing on a private server are against most EULA's or ToS's. But it is easier to punish the provider than all the people who used it. But when it comes to big companies such as Blizzard/Adobe/w/e, they have enough of a paying following that they don't really need to stop all the illegal activity on the side. It would be bad for their reputation as well, and they won't make much money by suing individuals.

EDIT: As for the end cinematic, I thought it was decent. But I felt like they spent so much time making Grom appear to be evil throughout the expac that it felt awkward when he turned to our side. Perhaps he is easily swayed. But it is hard to forget (1) all the men he lost (2) all the men he killed. And I don't know why, but I don't feel anything significant when Yrel is speaking. Maybe it is her voice actress. Idk. I'm probably just being picky. :p

Level 9
To anyone angry that Grom is now on our side you do realize Grom never was the villain actually. It was Garrosh who brainwashed him. So at the end its Gul'Dan and Garrosh who were the true villains in WoD not Grom or any other Iron Horde leader.

Level 24
To anyone angry that Grom is now on our side you do realize Grom never was the villain actually. It was Garrosh who brainwashed him. So at the end its Gul'Dan and Garrosh who were the true villains in WoD not Grom or any other Iron Horde leader.

That is only if you have a VERY open interpretation of the word brain-washed. Sure Garrosh did not tell Grommash how he had died in our reality but other than that he was truthful.

Level 25

We, the Azerothians, killed his son. And even if Grom wasn't the architect of the Iron Horde, he was still the leader of it, and he gave the orders to exterminate the Draenei etc. There is no way all would be forgiven on either side.

Status
Not open for further replies.