• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The 'Black Prince'

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Time is a Flat Circle'
144996d1430207355-black-prince-wraithion.jpg
So what do you guys expect from Wrathion from now on?
In the context of WoD of course, anything unexpected he could do according to your point of view?

More manipulation, going mad and becoming like Deathwing (it's possible knowing his hot dragon blood)?
I'm pretty sure that his agenda is not over yet.

~Discuss and enjoy~

Attachments

• wraithion.jpg
    wraithion.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Level 24
Time is a flat circle is a very odd choice of titles. Your theory is if I get it right that Wrathion is bound to repeat past actions whether that is going to be Deathwing or Sabellian. He isn't the same person as his father though we have seen him make a lot of choices that makes him look like the same person. I've said before that I personally believe that Wrathion will be the mastermind behind the final boss of WoD and I still stand by that statement.

As for what turned Wrathion mad I can only guess. Just as you said "Time is a flat circle" so I'd guess that the same thing happened to Wrathion that happened to his father. I'm guessing Wrathion got corrupted by the Old Gods through the same weakness that his father had. This could have happened either in the Eastern Kingdoms if the fifth Old God is located there wither in Ravenholdt, the Badlands or the Twilight Highlands. It could also possibly have happened through Y'Shaarj in Pandaria. The Old Gods however seem confident that they could obliterate Sargeras so why would they send their minion to protect Azeroth from the Burning Legion? With 3 of the Old Gods dead and a forth one possibly imprisoned we only know of one who's actually free. As Wrathion said the world would be covered by the Burning Legion first and then the Nagas would rise to fight. It is possible that N'Zoth does not want to gamble by confronting Sargeras alone when he is at a weakened state. I do believe that the Old Gods are more powerful than Sargeras but I also think that they're smart enough to know when they're outmatched.

Level 3
I would actually love to see Wrathion leading us and Draenai an Orcs from Drenor into unity against Drenor Legion. This can be 2nd stage to forming Army of Light (first stage was Shattered Sun). However I hope we will lose in the end because as we know "there is only one timeline"(I'm talking to YOU Knaak). Beside, since Titans are timeless (concludion made by Nozdromu gaining the power of time from Titan), I think Legion will start preparation for Azoroth.
As for Wrathion, I hope that lessons from Pandaria will come to him. I would love to see conflict with his Deathwing side. And please, don't make him go mad and try to destroy everything which will end in 10-30 raid dungeon. It's getting REALLY old and stupid. I would love to see him as a king who leads Dragons in Army of Light.
Main question is what was Kairoz doing since I think that he and Wrathion don't share same goals. Kairoz wants to conquer other worlds like Borg, while Wrathion wants to save Azoroth and cares only about it.

Level 24
I doubt Wrathion would become Deathwing since he is the only non-corrupt black dragon and probably the last black dragon.

We know only that he was uncorrupted prior to his birth. Even if he's not corrupted that doesn't mean that he isn't mad.

Level 24
Well i guess black dragonflight will go extinct then.

Not really, Sabellian has his little brood in Blade Edge Mountains. Besides I'm sure Wrathion is capable of performing self-love though I'm doubtful it will result in offspring. So whether or not Wrathion lives or dies his race is potentially doomed, atleast on Azeroth. The only hope for the Black Dragonflight is not Wrathion but rather on the black dragons on Outland.

Level 25
I don't see Wrathion becoming Deathwing 2.0. Deathwing was only corrupted because of the powers he was given as an Aspect; his deep connection to the earth (where the Old Gods were imprisoned). Wrathion does not hold these powers, and while he is still a black dragon, and all black dragons share a connection with the earth, I doubt it's enough for the Old Gods' influence to reach him. I find it more likely that Thrall would be corrupted than he.
Despite all he has done, I think Wrathion is, to all intents and purposes, still a 'good guy' (in the grander scheme of things), and I believe he does have Azeroth's best interests at heart. He may not be flawless, and he certainly isn't as brilliant as he considers himself (I mean, bringing another army to Azeroth to combat its current inhabitants, only so whichever remains would stand no chance to against a larger invasion, what was he thinking?!).

With that said, there is still, of course another alternative. Somehow Gul'dan learned plenty of things about Archmage Khadgar, and he knew that Garrosh was Grommash's son, and while I firmly believe Gul'dan to be resourceful enough to learn this through multiple means (torture being my best guess), it wouldn't be unlike Blizzard to have Wrathion be his source of information in a rushed effort to turn Wrathion into a bad guy..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It seems to be set in stone that he will do something 'bad'.

I doubt he will ever become something like Deathwing, but I suspect that he will cross the border and do something that forces us to take action to counter whatever he plans to do. Due his character I doubt he will be the main threat himself, someone else will likely be doing the dirty work.

Level 9
Not really, Sabellian has his little brood in Blade Edge Mountains. Besides I'm sure Wrathion is capable of performing self-love though I'm doubtful it will result in offspring. So whether or not Wrathion lives or dies his race is potentially doomed, atleast on Azeroth. The only hope for the Black Dragonflight is not Wrathion but rather on the black dragons on Outland.
Wait what? I thought lorewise all the black dragons were killed by Gruul.

Level 24
Wait what? I thought lorewise all the black dragons were killed by Gruul.

Not exactly Blizzard does state that Wrathion is the only black dragon that's alive on Azeroth but that others are still lurking. The only two we know of however are Sabellian and Nihil.

Status
Not open for further replies.