• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Worker Icons turn to Elf Icon. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
[solved] Worker Icons turn to Elf Icon. Why? and how can we control it?

SOLVED

Hi everybody.

After updating my map, all the workers icons turned to high elf(or blood elf) worker icon. I do not know why. I simply import the triggers and object data of the new map in the old map and saved it, and then the problem is solved. However, this is the second time it happens. any idea?

useful info.: peasants in my map may turn to elf workers, under conditions (if you, the player, wanted to be an elf).
event blabla
conditon blabla
action : an upgrade like troll head hunter. It is based on seige engine upgrade (barrage).

Also, in my map, night elves can turn to naga. Now I wonder if it is possible to change the worker Icons to the elves only if the player has elven workers, and only to him/her ( girls play Warcraft?!!): and also to change wisp icon to mur'luck slave, only to Naga players. It would be better if I could change the whole Night elf race to Naga, just like the final chapter in night elves campaign in TFT. I tried to open that map, but I did not see anything special about that, and thus did not figure out how it was done, yet.

EDITED ALREADY, THANKS

Last edited:
Level 10
You can't assign an idle worker icon to specific units, only to the race the player enters the game as. The options are RACE_HUMAN RACE_ORC RACE_NIGHTELF RACE_UNDEAD RACE_DEMON. The player will see an idle worker icon specific to their player race, not the race of the unit that is idle.

Make a standard testmap, place 1 acolyte + 1 peasant + 1 peon + 1 wisp + 1 murgul slave. If you entered the map after picking Night Elf on the select screen, all 5 idle workers will show the wisp icon.

Level 16
Am I dreamin?!! I think I just saw
how many races do you have or so

never mind.

I get that. but can I change the race using triggers? And as I remember, in night elves final chapter, Illidan's Naga were night elves in player properties when I openned in WE, how could they have demon race sounds, icons, and after-game-screen.

Last edited:
Level 16
You cannot change a players race or UI properties with triggers.

Open that last level of the night elf campaign, then open Gameplay Interface. You'll see.
You are right. custom game interface was used. Sound and some text messages were changed and the idle worker icon was. But why in my map, I see idl worker icon is the peon's.

sorry, but I am sleeping now. bye

Level 10
Icon - Idle Worker - Peon

Is the Peon part coloured pink? If so, then the icon is fixed to a Peon icon no matter what.
If not, then it is actually just set to the "default". As the default, it takes the icon assigned to the race of the player.

Level 10
I don't understand. Which icons? The idle worker icon or something else? When you update what? When you save the map in the editor? They wouldn't change for no reason, they would change because you've either changed player race or changed a game interface setting.

Level 16
or because it is bug. Look , I update, changing triggers and object data. Then, I see workers icons change. Then, I copy object data of the newest, and triggers too, import them in the old map, and it is working back again. I NEAVER touched that interface thing before opening this thread.

Level 34
map designer, since you have multiple races and obviously cannot have icons of worker to be changed depending of ,,race transformation" I suggest you to use worker icon, simply that icon for repairing.
There is repair icon, when you click it to be auto cast, so your worker will come and repair automatically any damaged buildings or mechanical units.
Use that icon for global idle worker icon, so not matter which race are you, idle worker will be displayed as repair icon.

The options are RACE_HUMAN RACE_ORC RACE_NIGHTELF RACE_UNDEAD RACE_DEMON.

What is Race Demon?
who is it and how can it be accessed?

Status
Not open for further replies.