• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why my WE is so stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need a function that fix my WE,when I want to place a unit,it always face a wrong direction,and I can't rotate it!I need to place many units of that type and search for a suitable and then place it in the place it should be.someone have some solution?

:vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

Level 7
Copy and paste the unit after double clicking it and typing in it's rotation?
There is no hotkey for rotate?I just found yesterday that if u press 0-9 when selecting a unit/hero they are changed to that player number. So i was wondering if there were any more useful hotkeys for units that will make placing/editing units easier

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Double click the unit in the terrain editor with unit pallet open and specify an exact facing angle in the angle field. You can then copy and paste it however many times you want.

There is no way to specify exact unit positions, this is a major flaw in World Editor.

In StarCraft II they fixed this problem allowing you to not only modify the facing angle of a unit but also the exact position the unit is placed at allowing well aligned neat deployment of units at the start of maps.

Level 18
^
there is some variable in the gameplay costants, or you can abuse the treants root

Ontopic: select a unit, then left-click a point holding ctrl at the same time, the selected unit/s will face towards that point

-sry bad eng

Level 7
Buildings cannot be rotated. Only units, and to rotate them double click or enter and change the rotation OR press control(CTRL) and move the mouse in some direction ;p

The trick for rotating buildings is temporarily setting them to be units.

Also, you can rotate a unit towards a point by selecting the unit and then ctrl+clicking ground.

Thanks for all your good advices. Are very useful to me.

Level 15
Woah easy :D
WE is always smart and always will be , he just misunderstood you. Just treat WE as a pet

Well for rotating you can set it either by triggers or by Object editor, or even Terrain editor which can rotate units by pressing hotkeys

First of all, make sure you click space so you can select units, and press any hotkey from 0 - 9 , and try without that 'Numpad On' light on, just turn it off so , 'Del , Fin , pg up , pg down' work , they have benefit too

If it's a building you should default facing in Object editor, it can be easily found

Third, GUI editor gives u this trigger, use it :
  • Unit - Make Unit face 'Your angle'
I wish this helps ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.