• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Units with different forms(Metamorphosis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I have this unit model that has multiple forms, simple to save memory space, it has a total of five forms, just like metamorphosis units, except with 5 instead of 2, and each of it's animations are labeled attack first - attack fifth and so on, so I figured it would be easy enough to simply go into object editor, modify required animation names and bones from 1-5, and have the units work properly. The units themselves have the proper standing animation, but when they attack, they switch from all different forms for their attack animation, and I can't seem any way to keep them restricted to their own forms, any ideas that won't involve triggers or me having to seperate them into 5 different mdx files?

Level 10
If you can separate the different form animations into their own separate animation tags, such as Alternate, Swim, Work, Gold, Lumber, Slam, Spell, etc. Then you can just
  • Animation - Add the Tag animation tag to Your Unit
Then it will be easy, that's the only way I know how to simplify your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.