• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Order in control groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So you know how when you select a group of units their icons appear in the bottom middle of the screen and they can be tabbed through type by type?

Is there a way to control the order? Obviously heroes are first, units with abilities are second, and units without abilities are third, but how can you control the order within those sub-categories?

Level 12
Stats - Priority is exactly what you need.

afaik

Defines at what point the unit/building/hero will be attacked when within a group of units/buildings/heroes being attacked. The values entered can range from 0 to 20, with 0 meaning that the unit/building/hero will be attacked last, and 20 meaning that it will be attacked first.

Level 8
Stats - Priority is exactly what you need.

Excellent, thank you. I'd always thought it did what Death Adder said.

As far as I know, I don't think this is possible but I cannot see what the problem would be if you cannot do so.

The problem is basically one of improving the interface for users in a micro-heavy game. Having to do too many rapid tabs through a bunch of units to get to the ability you want can make it significantly harder to quickly and accurately get to the abilities you need, so it's good to have units with important abilities that you will want to use in the middle of combat earlier in the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.