• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Unit Morphing Ability Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've been having a lot of trouble with the Destroyer Form/Metamorphosis type abilities. When using the ability for a single unit, it works perfectly fine, requirements need to be met, and the ability charges you the gold, food and lumber cost.

The problem occurs when you have multiple of the base unit selected and morph them all at the same time.

I tested this with the Obsidian Statue unit from melee, and everything works as planned; if you have 12 of them and enough food or gold for only 1 of them to morph the game will only morph one of them.

However, in my custom map if I have 12 of the current unit and I press the morph ability it will morph all 12 of them, regardless of gold, lumber, and food costs. I only need to be able to afford one of them and the game will morph all of the selected.

This is a game breaking problem and I would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on the topic.

Thank you.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Do you trigger the morph, or just have it done by the ability?

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

What's the gold/lumber cost of the "from" unit and the "to" unit? And what fields did you change in the ability?

You could always try isolating the problem or showing us the problem. Just copy the 2 units and 1 ability to a new map and send the map to us. And check if the problem happens in that new map to see if it's a trigger interfering.

Level 10
Here is the unit, the ability, and an environment to test it in ripped straight from the map.

It seems to be a problem inherent with the ability design, although strangely enough if you use it on Obsidian Statue this problem does not occur at all.

Attachments

• testingmorph.w3x
    71.8 KB · Views: 52

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

What a strange little glitch. It must be hardcoded. Anyways, here is a working version.

Attachments

• testingmorph.w3x
    74.1 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.