• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

UNIT with attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

uro

uro

Level 2
i'm trying to make a hero with the ability to summon creatures which have for example 30% of the heroes str and dmg, but its hard to create since the units dont have any attributes, is there any way to fix this? I could make each unit a "hero" but it wouldnt look good with the portraits in the left corner

Level 8
In the object editor, Heroes have an option to turn off the icon and death message. However, I think the units still exist after dying, so you need to remove the unit to prevent leaks. Also, the heroes will not leave corpses, so any reanimate on spells would have to be triggered.

uro

uro

Level 2
In the object editor, Heroes have an option to turn off the icon and death message. However, I think the units still exist after dying, so you need to remove the unit to prevent leaks. Also, the heroes will not leave corpses, so any reanimate on spells would have to be triggered.

The problem about this is that the unit is still a "hero", so he will re-spawn like a regular and upon death, my announcement of hero death will include this unit

uro

uro

Level 2

Yeah yeah, the regular one, but ive made one (like dota, "pwned (playername)'s head") kind of thing, and this one triggers when a hero dies, and my respawn system is also built on the fact the dying unit is a hero

uro

uro

Level 2
you could give him "hidden" stats, for example a variable for each kind:
integer VarStrength = 5
integer VarAgi = 3
integer VarInt = 4
and if the unit casts the ability, you can call the stat you want

How does this even work? Where can i apply the stats? since i cant edit the hp or dmg from trigger through the unit class

Status
Not open for further replies.