• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

uI WARCRAFT STARCRAFT MAKE JASS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What are you asking?

If you want to modify the UI textures then you import your custom ones over the existing UI textures. The UI textures are at certain paths in the main mpq archive files.

Sadly it is not possible in WC3 to re-arrange the UI to be more like StarCraft/StarCraft II. The feature to customize UI layout was only added to StarCraft II.

DSG go bug Blizzard to add better control over the UI layout in WC3. I'm sure you definitely could find a way to achieve this. =P

Edit: @DSG - Make sure to also tell them not to touch the JASS and/or GUI unless they're translating more JASS to GUI without the extra BJ. It was almost the end of the world in 2009.

Though yeah as a second voice of opinion, DSG is correct if that is what your looking for.

Last edited:
Level 5
why its isnt possible? but if I modify the Ui how modify the mpq archive files? some program?

Level 5
but in the links show that no modify the UI but the UI you can add the parts of starcraft the UI starcraft not the same but its look like the same not the same but its possible

Level 5
my question its not about change the places of life or other things is make the same form in the links ok? or the links its a photo modify? i dont think so its posibble

Level 24
dEwd0lE.png

UI is simply a set of pictures (textures) that are painted over the game.
In WC3, the pictures are stored in "UI/Console/Human/HumanUITile01.blp" ("Human" can be replaced by the other races.)

Some people like to use other UI than the regular 4 UI sets that come with WC3.
Those people make their own UI. They just make a picture and you have to import that picture to "UI/Console/" folder to replace the normal UI.

However, you can't change the location of anything (inventory, command buttons, minimap, menu options, resource slots, time of day cycle, etc, etc, etc.)

Level 5
Question about this link

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/4/3704/thumb_620x2000/66951.jpg

my question is if you see the part of animation move. when you select the commander center see the animation of terrain. right of this the name barracks and the armor and right of these. see the building in colour green and the top the number of units 19/26. all the added of this map of warcraft its possible modify the mpq files?

Level 5
possible :)

So not need move the position but change the animation and add the part of armor like the link and add the green building and the population in the top like the link is correct? modifying the mpq files? ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.