• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggers and skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
my map is base on Modern Warfare

my problem right now is how do i add a skill and trigger that allows a unit to ride a vehicle?

details

the skill should not require any targets, making the unit to ride a vehicle nearest to it. Also preventing the unit to enter a vehicle too far away.

also a skill for the vehicle to drop down the unit.
----

please post if there are more questions or the detail lacks.
can someone make a test map?
----

is there a skill with this kind of details in the hive?

Level 4
Why don't use Load of the Goblin Zeppelin? Give this ability to your vehicle (with Cargo Hold, set this ability to 1) and a player who right clicks on the vehicle may enter it. But as long as no player rides it, set its movement speed to 0, otherwise it'll drive to the player who right clicked. If someone enters it, set its movementspeed back to normal. If it is empty, set the movementspeed to 0.

~Renschi

Level 5
I have a question, yes ^^
Do you want a hero to just be transported in that vehicle or do you want stuff like him being the vehicle, meaning the unit can use its own abilities in that vehicle?
If you simply want a unit to simply ride a vehicle, you could make a dummy ability that does nothing and a trigger that checks for it.
Then check in a loop if there is exactly 1 unit that is (e.g. make your vehicles count as giants) in range, matching unit being owned by player (whoever -> just the stupid comp =D ). if so, change ownership of that unit, use the simple laod unit ability (e.g. goblin zeppelin) that you'll add to that vehicle.

harder part is a unit leaving the vehicle, then changing ownership of that unit back to player (whoever -> e.g. store that player number as custom value of the vehicle).

Since I'm not too sure what exactly you need, I fear I cannot provide any testmap.

Level 9
i think its better if "the unit being the vehicle" since i deleted the UIs and i like to maintain it that way, using the goblin zeppelin would add a picture of the unit inside the UI.

if you can provide a testmap with a little bit more details, i would like to fill it up.

sorry for bad english.

Level 33
Here is my try.

You should read the "Enter Vehicle" spell tooltips first, then you understand.

To enter a vehicle, one must be near to the vehicle (160 range, can be edited through "Setup" trigger)
If you're ready, activate the ability of Enter Vehicle and your unit will "enter" the vehicle (hide)

Then, you gain control of the vehicle (Neutral Passive owns it)

The vehicle has "Exit Ability" which will let your previous loaded unit to exit that vehicle

If you're standing too close and you have more than 1 vehicles near your position (160 range), the ability won't work
You must move away from the vehicle first and position yourself for 1 vehicle spot only

Hope you understand, good luck :)

Attachments

• Simple Load Unit System.w3x
    16.2 KB · Views: 51
Level 29
1. Make an ability that will range 100-150 (that is the ability of your unit)
2. Make an ability for the vehicle (no target)
3. If the ability targets that unit type who has the no target ability then make that unit change it's size to zero
4. Let the unit follow the vehicle using GetUnitX and GetUnitY, that way the hero can use his abilities...
5. When the vehicle presses the no target ability, then set the hero size to normal and disable follow function...

Level 33
We can use the classic way of countering your statement "can be damaged" by adding him 'Avul' or Invulnerable (Neutral) to that unit

But about Green HP Bar... that's.... haha

Oh and also, we can SELECT that unit too !

Perhaps adding him Locust ability would do the trick (but then again... we can't use ability)

and your unit is just following the vehicle... what if the MS difference is high? then your unit will be too far from the vehicle...

and if I cast a single target spell to the car, then it would defeat your purpose right? all the more if I cast it into the unit itself... the unit takes damage but the car doesn't...

and whether a unit inside a car will get damaged depends on the car itself... and mostly, the person won't get damaged unless the car takes a devastating hit...

Status
Not open for further replies.