• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Triggers limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I tried to seek help of thehelper, unfortunately with no success. I have come across a strange problem. Recently any triggers associated with Map init event just stopped starting even tho no changes have ever been made to them between different versions of the game, and also they have never been associated with any other ones. I started making changes in triggers and changed all map inits into 0.00 or other timing as this wasn't very crucial for me anyway. When all seemed to be fixed I continued just to approach yet another problem, two new, and absolutely basic triggers don't work, and yes, they should work. I don't need triggering help, just seeking an advice whether someone come across same issue in the past. I just hit a number of 900 triggers.

Level 37
I have heard of such things happening. Recreating the malfunctioning trigger might help.

There's also operation limit. If one thread does too many operations, it will skip the rest actiond in the function.

900 triggers sounds like a huge amount. Maybe many of them could be combined. Could you post some triggers or the whole map?

Level 4
Massive majority of triggers are initially off, and only start when certain items are acquired or units/heroes picked. At the stage of testing there were only two new triggers running related to ability being cast and none works. Posting entire map really makes no sence, there was already plenty of noobs out there who wanted my tag map hoping they can make it better (of course not you, as you purely need it to support, which I highly appreciate, but I don't think this could solve the problem). I've heard rumors, that certain imported files could somehow infect/corrupt the map, however, I have found no extra information about it. I would be keen to export entire map to some files and import again to new one, just without skins, models and icons. I already tried exporting data with newgen which I use, but it seems to stop working after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.