• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transition for maps in campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I was working in my campaign until I got stuck in the transition of my maps. My campaign already have 2 maps, but i can't make it go to the next map... also, the next map doesn't appear in the campaign screen when i finish the first map, i have tried with some triggers but it seems there is something more... someone know how to deal with my problem? thanks for read

Level 14
It can be fairly complex when using a game cache. It depends on whether you want to be able to travel back to the first map or just use a linear progression. For the latter you need to create a game cache. Store everything you want (like heroes) into the game cache. Save the game cache. Then load the new map.
In the new map you will need to load the cache and retrieve all the stored data.

In the campaign editor on the "general" tab you can take maps and connect them. Basically you would put the seconds map indented under the first to show the connection from one to the other.

Here is a tutorial for using the campaign editor.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.