• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a way to change cliff pathing size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
The cliff's pathing size is too big for me, I want to place trees very close to the cliff edge, but can't..

edit: I've tried to reduce the pathing size of the trees, but that causes them to be so close to each other when I'm placing them..

Level 25
Shift place the trees?
Or create custom cliffs with the raise tool, because people tend to not like the blizzard cliffs for various reasons.

Some because they think they're ugly, some because others think they're ugly and some because they think they will kill them.

Level 11
I already used barrel pathing texture, but as I said they are too close to each other, and I also want trees or rocks to be placable on places where the cliff visually doesn't take space, but it's pathing texture does, like this example:
PWuTRN8.png

Shift place the trees?
Or create custom cliffs with the raise tool, because people tend to not like the blizzard cliffs for various reasons.

Some because they think they're ugly, some because others think they're ugly and some because they think they will kill them.

How do you create custom cliff with raise tool? Isn't that ugly looking?

Level 12
I already used barrel pathing texture, but as I said they are too close to each other, and I also want trees or rocks to be placable on places where the cliff visually doesn't take space, but it's pathing texture does, like this example:
PWuTRN8.png

How do you create custom cliff with raise tool? Isn't that ugly looking?

You basically:
1) Raise the ground to look like a steep hill (there is something you can do to make them super steep, there's a tutorial for that but don't know how myself)
2) Maybe change the tile type to look more cliff-like
3) Add pathing blockers so that units can't walk on it
4) Add some doodads to make it look pretty

They will look ugly at first, most likely, but they have a lot more potential to look nice.

To reduce collision of cliffs, try invisible platforms maybe? Just make sure there is still enough pathing blocked so units can't walk up and down the cliffs.

Level 21
There isn't really a way of reducing the pathingsize of cliffs. You may instead create a doodad which has the model of the tree (normally a destructible) based on a pathing-less doodad like Lightning Bolt. Now you can place the tree anywhere. To avoid abnormal floating and levitation issues, use Ctrl + Page Down so that it doesn't get affected by cliffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.