• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a trigger for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I just wanted to ask if there's a trigger for this ability.

I wanted to make the Bear Form ability can only be cast if there is another specific unit that is nearby by the Hero. For example the hero is the Footman and he had a Bear Form ability, then there is a rifleman which is the specific unit that is needed to be near to the footman so that the footman can now cast the Bear Form ability and will turn into a bear, the rifleman will then be gone when the footman cast the Bear Form ability. Now when the bear (which the footman turned into) cast the ''Night Elf Form'' ability he will return into a footman and the rifleman will return also. Note that the specific unit (rifleman) must belong to the same player of the Hero in order to cast the ability.

Level 22
Well I already had a request thread there regarding on a model texture change, is it ok if I had 2 threads there or should I just add this one to that thread?

I honestly don't know if it is allowed, but in my opinion, I think it is allowed to have 2 threads since it is in different area of topic. One is Texturing while the other is Triggering.

Level 13
Check the Archer's Mount ability.

I already try that, eventually it kills the current hero and another hero will appear (the hero icon on the upper left of the screen will turn disable and a new hero icon will appear as the new hero in the result unit type) After I dismount that hero will be killed again and another will appear, in the end I got 2 dead heroes and 1 alive when I mount and dismount. Its like every time I mount and dismount the hero will be replace by another one because its not a morph ability.

Level 12
Sounds like you're trying to make a mount ability? (Hippogryph Mounting)

Scripting it is totally possible to work around it's bugs, so you could store hero level and what abilities the hero learns.

Boy oh boy, would scripting it take for fucking ever though to get it working 100% right.

Level 13
Sounds like you're trying to make a mount ability? (Hippogryph Mounting)

Scripting it is totally possible to work around it's bugs, so you could store hero level and what abilities the hero learns.

Boy oh boy, would scripting it take for fucking ever though to get it working 100% right.

Nope its a ''Bear form'' ability, its just that there must be a specific unit that is nearby to him in order to cast the ability. The specific unit will then be gone when the hero cast the bear form ability and will return upon using the night elf form ability. Pls read the 1st post above, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.