• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is there anyway possible to disable minimap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Or at least make players not see the map on minimap ? Like if everything was dark. Anyway, anything that makes the player not understand the map is welcome (disable hero on minimap, disable the terrain on minimap, etc)

Level 25
Actually, it's enough to just change values in object editor for that unit.
Stats - Hide Minimap Icon
Stats - Hero - Hide minimap icon

You could also import custom minimap so people don't see your terrain.
The only disadvantage is that player may still see the quadrangle in minimap that represents what that player sees in game.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Actually, it's enough to just change values in object editor for that unit.
Stats - Hide Minimap Icon
Stats - Hero - Hide minimap icon

You could also import custom minimap so people don't see your terrain.
The only disadvantage is that player may still see the quadrangle in minimap that represents what that player sees in game.

The camera will be locked, don't worry, the only problem is them seeing what they do in the map, for example, a labirint. That's why I want to prevent players to look the map.

How can I import custom minimap ? Where can I find one ?

hdm

hdm

Level 9
Import the attached file to your map with path: "war3mapMap.blp"
  • Minimap will be totally black
  • Quadrangle will also be gone

Hard to trust... And judging by your rep. No way to download it.

Rather wait and see what Nichilus has to me.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
I was wondering if you don't trust me or that it will work. Here maybe a map file will convince you to test it. Anyway do as it pleases you. :)

I should eat my tongue now, it worked.

I'm really sorry, dude, really really.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
next time don't judge a person by its rep..

Also why black?.. you can use let say a logo of your map because black is boring.. it still disable your terrain..

Ok, next time I will not judge by rep. Only by skin color.

(JOKING)

Anything that disables the minimap is welcome. I tried to use my logo. I also tried to read the tutorials of other sites (that suck) to change minimap. Hiverworkshop (that is good) doesn't have one tutorial for minimap. But first of all I'll customize my Loading Screen, this I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.