• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] tga image with alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Title says it all. I'm trying to import a tga with an alpha and nothing seems to work. I have a .png image which has an alpha and i want to use it as an icon inside wc3, but i can't seem to find a way to make it work. any ideas?

Level 15
It works for textures but not for icons.
It works for icons. Imagen1.png

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

.png is not .tga. Convert .png to .tga or .blp and import it. Don't listen to Wietlol, Alpha channel works for any textures including icons.

I did exactly that, but it didn't work. I tried both .tga and .blp, but both display as either white or black ingame.

I tried with these two images:

Attachments

• agt_update_misc_256.png
    agt_update_misc_256.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 0017.png
    0017.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 45

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Are you sure that you used the right path?

For .tga i don't use a path.

0017.png is not supported as its dimensions (420*420) are not a power of 2.

Attached is a blp version of agt_update_misc_256.png to try. Although not tested, I see no reason for it to not work.

I'll give it a go. is there a path i should change to?

EDIT:

Tried it without a path. here are the results:

Untitled.jpg

It looks good before i place it, but after i place it it has black all around it.
Note that I am using IconBase.mdl as the model file on the destructible.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

-_- nothing more to say.

Btw, I recommend you to just use an image and not a destructable.

So you're saying that .tga without a path is the problem? I've seen other maps from which I have learned how to do what I am doing right now and neither of them use a path for .tga

And this is an image, just attached to a destructible with model IconBase.mdl and its texture replaced by the image.

Does that model support alpha?

No idea. how to check?

Status
Not open for further replies.