• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Test if a map works on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello people,

Someone told me, my map crashed on Macs: link

Can someone test this new version's compatibility, please?

[I don't really know, what exactly a mac is, to be honest, so read the linked post :p]

simple task that will be rewarded with +rep, ofc :D

Attachments

• ToW2_MacCompatibilityTest.w3x
    4.4 MB · Views: 81
Level 24
Well first of all. Mac is the word for computers that run on an OS system (Apple stuff like iPhone, iPad, MacBook, MacPro, etc.)
Macs use different things than Linux systems or Windows systems and therefor, code made by certain languages, files of certain filetypes have to be changed/replaced.

The mac crash is most probably caused by .blp format icons that are too much compressed.
If you upload a new version with higher quality icons, your map should be fixed. (didn't read the whole thread about mac problems.)

You can test it yourself with a virtual machine if you want to have your maps or anything else mac compatible and want to be able to test it yourself.

After all why do you want it to be mac compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.